Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

29 minutes ago, JDD said:

So does Watson get to be a full member of the team during training camp? Does it matter if he is suspended or on a commissioner list? 

I think they are usually allowed even if suspended. He won't be on the commissioners list though that is while criminal charges are pending.

On 7/6/2022 at 10:58 PM, Thomas5737 said:

The person that Goodell hired? She would make sure it was out of his hands? Pretty sure her ruling will be what he (the owners) wants.

Hi Thomas how have you been

Keep up the fight.

Talked to 32 girls so far they all think hanging is 2 good for him.

Apologize for not supporting you more.Good Morning Love GIF by Travis Foster

• Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 10:58 PM, Thomas5737 said:

The person that Goodell hired? She would make sure it was out of his hands? Pretty sure her ruling will be what he (the owners) wants.

Hi Thomas how have you been

Keep up the fight.

Talked to 32 girls so far they all think hanging is 2 good for him.

Apologize for not supporting you more.Good Morning Love GIF by Travis Foster

• Like 1

Not sure from a purely football perspective 

Burrows will beat this team right now in the playoffs

Allen and Buffalo with Von Miller will beat Deshaun. 

Mahomes will put 40 on this team in the playoffs 

Lamar probably goes 2 wins no losses

Against us even if Deshaun plays.

Is everyone saying we beat all these guys for the foreseeable future yes or no.

• Like 1

Silence is golden 

I love you guys 

Ok here is a outlet

Explain to what you saw when Deshaun played at are stadium that makes you feel that he is a franchise qb.

The qb I saw was a back up to Jacoby Brissette that game.

2 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Silence is golden 

I love you guys 

Ok here is a outlet

Explain to what you saw when Deshaun played at are stadium that makes you feel that he is a franchise qb.

The qb I saw was a back up to Jacoby Brissette that game.

In all fairness it was a terrible day and no stat should be used in that game as a range of who is good and who isn't

As for Watson, I don't know that I can say he is a stud, he isn't a bum, I think that much is known. When he had the best WR1 in football and an offensive coach that was doing a good job and a decent defense he was a very good QB. When he lost all of the pieces around him and his coach decided to be an idiot and ship a top 5 WR away he did look good but not as good.

I just know that no matter what a top 5 QB doesn't go through seasons and get 4 wins. Now the Texans are as dysfunctional as the Browns so who knows if that was most of it. I don't like that he sat out because he wanted traded. That bothers me for a QB. If it was a contract thing maybe I could understand missing OTA's but as the leader of the team you can't tell me not playing is the right thing to do. But I don't think anyone would be having anything negative to say about football. That isn't, won't be, and hasn't been the issue with this trade from my perspective. 

On 7/12/2022 at 9:53 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, at some point you are going to have to make a decision either or, after this comes down all ships are sailing ahead and I for one am not going to tolerate any b*tching or bickering about anything that happened previously from this. If you don't feel comfortable rooting for the team, find a new team, flat out.

Some of us are Browns fans through and through and want to see every other team have to eat crow because we are kicking a** and taking names week to week. Either way this ship is moving forward and it will continue to move with or without you.

And FYI I definitely don't support what Watson did, and if he did anything that violated women, he should be held accountable at the highest level, that being said I'm all for Watson being the QB of my team (which feels weird saying) as opposed to what we had previously at QB. I guess my thirst for making other fanbases pay for all of the snarky, condescending, snively remarks on our way to a championship (which may or may not happen) drives my excitement for this situation. 

Yeah I get we are public enemy #1 right now, but I'd rather be good and hated than see everybody dance on our graves.  If we suck because we missed on Watson nobody is going to feel bad for the fans.  I hope everybody Watson abused gets a settlement they deserve and I also hope he's not suspended.  I hope Watson has learned from his behavior and I hope the Cleveland Browns win a Super Bowl. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah I get we are public enemy #1 right now, but I'd rather be good and hated than see everybody dance on our graves.

"It is better to be feared than to be loved, if one cannot be both."  Machiavelli and the mob boss Sonny LoSpecchio in the movie a Bronx Tale.

7 hours ago, JDD said:

In all fairness it was a terrible day and no stat should be used in that game as a range of who is good and who isn't

As for Watson, I don't know that I can say he is a stud, he isn't a bum, I think that much is known. When he had the best WR1 in football and an offensive coach that was doing a good job and a decent defense he was a very good QB. When he lost all of the pieces around him and his coach decided to be an idiot and ship a top 5 WR away he did look good but not as good.

I just know that no matter what a top 5 QB doesn't go through seasons and get 4 wins. Now the Texans are as dysfunctional as the Browns so who knows if that was most of it. I don't like that he sat out because he wanted traded. That bothers me for a QB. If it was a contract thing maybe I could understand missing OTA's but as the leader of the team you can't tell me not playing is the right thing to do. But I don't think anyone would be having anything negative to say about football. That isn't, won't be, and hasn't been the issue with this trade from my perspective. 

Excuses 

I do hate that this organization completely mishandled Baker 4/5 years. 

2018 they went in with Hue Jackson, fired Hue Jackson and Todd Haley. Todd Haley was a terrible OC.

2019 hiring Freddie was a small minded or insecure move by Dorsey, they could have got a quality head coach then.

2020 awesome year Baker mostly good but also had some terrible moments too. Two really bad games steelers 1 and Baltimore 1. Vs the game of the year in Baltimore throws a terrible int to their linebacker. Deshone Kizer level play.

2021- Baker looks electric pre season- awesome vs the chiefs for 3 quarters. Then makes the worst decision of his football career being a hero. QBs ought be more technician than hero. It cost came his shoulder too. QBs are finese creatures on a game for brutes. He cost us a playoff year.

Edited by Kiwibrown
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

I do hate that this organization completely mishandled Baker 4/5 years. 

for sure.

2018 they went in with Hue Jackson, fired Hue Jackson and Todd Haley. Todd Haley was a terrible OC.

This wasn’t “the organization”, it was Jimmy Haslam.  He wasn’t Dorsey’s guy, just as he wasn’t Sashi’s guy.  Both were saddled with him.

2019 hiring Freddie was a small minded or insecure move by Dorsey, they could have got a quality head coach then.

Man I go back and forth on this one.

Like, Dorsey, who I wasn’t a huge fan of, was in a tough spot.  Freddie and the offense were absolutely humming at the end of 2018.  Had he not retained Freddie and the offense ****s the bed the following year anyway, the fanbase would never have let anyone live that down.

That said, Freddie came off like a real dumbarse when the spotlight was on him, so maybe Dorsey should have seen what he was all about.

2020 awesome year Baker mostly good but also had some terrible moments too. Two really bad games steelers 1 and Baltimore 1. Vs the game of the year in Baltimore throws a terrible int to their linebacker. Deshone Kizer level play.

2021- Baker looks electric pre season- awesome vs the chiefs for 3 quarters. Then makes the worst decision of his football career being a hero. QBs ought be more technician than hero. It cost came his shoulder too. QBs are finese creatures on a game for brutes. He cost us a playoff year.

Maybe, but you need heroes if you want to win big games.

At some point a QB is gonna have to make big **** throws and win a game.

Gosh I liked Freddie in that interim year. But man, took no time to see through him that next year. Running the ball 4th and 9 pretty much summed up his tenure. Raw raw speech like “ If you ain’t wearing orange and brown you don’t matter” really fooled me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Gosh I liked Freddie in that interim year. But man, took no time to see through him that next year. Running the ball 4th and 9 pretty much summed up his tenure. Raw raw speech like “ If you ain’t wearing orange and brown you don’t matter” really fooled me.

He does have a good feel for calling plays. That doesnt make someone a good oc or hc