Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

2 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think Pickens has the natural talent to come in and play immediately. Dude is just an insane player. Only reason he's so far down the list for draftniks is because of his limited time playing since the ACL. Think he goes way higher than they project.

I wouldn't disagree at all.  He'd be higher up the board if he was healthy all year.  But I also think you could say the same for London and Williams as well.

43 minutes ago, pgwingman said:

Green Bay passed the ball 58.6% of the time, 17th highest in the league. So It seems possible, but not likely in my opinion

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/passing-play-pct

Doesn't take too much to really swing that stat though. Just a difference of 2 rushes vs. passes a game would be 55.2% which would have been the 8th most run heavy offense.

4 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I think Pickens has the natural talent to come in and play immediately. Dude is just an insane player. Only reason he's so far down the list for draftniks is because of his limited time playing since the ACL. Think he goes way higher than they project.

I absolutely love Picken's tape. He looks like a Jennings/Adams modern NFL Packer WR. 

I wonder how much the NFL is going to dock him for missing most of a year? He never had a super ball out season statistically, so I feel like he goes end of second/third (health is big to GMs, see DK), but I could be wrong. I'd be ecstatic at 53. I could be okay at 28 as well (little high for an injured guy though)

Edited by pacman5252

Just been reading through here.  Remember during the season guys were bagging on the Lizard.  I defended him because I thought he has really good hands IMO.  That being said comparing him to Adams is laughable.  No he's not a #1.  He is a below average 2#  if he gets doubled he'll disappear.  Throw out all the stats and projections you want.  Doesn't matter most of us here know what he is.

To suggest WR is not a pressing need well that's crazy.  With the loss of Adams I'd say it's #1 critical need of the Packers right now.  MVS has not been resigned.  Cupboard is bare and fully expect a complete makeover of the WR room.  Gute will spend multiple picks at WR.  For sure 1 and possibly 2 premium picks depending on how the board falls.   Plus the possibility of a late round flier. 

FA market sucks but maybe Gute can unearth a gem with upside potential,  Not a lot out there.  As I mentioned before I like Dotson and Pierce think both bring separate skill sets and could contribute immediately.  

Regardless losing DA was a huge loss and will be felt at least early on. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

Just been reading through here.  Remember during the season guys were bagging on the Lizard.  I defended him because I thought he has really good hands IMO.  That being said comparing him to Adams is laughable.  No he's not a #1.  He is a below average 2#  if he gets doubled he'll disappear.  Throw out all the stats and projections you want.  Doesn't matter most of us here know what he is.

I don't think anyone is bagging on him.  Most of us know that he's got his physical limitations, but he's arguably the best blocking WR and he does a good job of being a solid possession receiver.  I don't think anyone is expecting him to turn into Davante Adams.  But on a per target basis, he was as productive as Adams and begs the question why wasn't he given more balls thrown his way?

1 hour ago, Scoremore said:

To suggest WR is not a pressing need well that's crazy.  With the loss of Adams I'd say it's #1 critical need of the Packers right now.  MVS has not been resigned.  Cupboard is bare and fully expect a complete makeover of the WR room.  Gute will spend multiple picks at WR.  For sure 1 and possibly 2 premium picks depending on how the board falls.   Plus the possibility of a late round flier. 

Is anyone really suggesting that WR isn't a need?

5 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I don't think anyone is bagging on him.  Most of us know that he's got his physical limitations, but he's arguably the best blocking WR and he does a good job of being a solid possession receiver.  I don't think anyone is expecting him to turn into Davante Adams.  But on a per target basis, he was as productive as Adams and begs the question why wasn't he given more balls thrown his way?

Is anyone really suggesting that WR isn't a need?

Yes AG was...

4 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I mean....ehh you did compare him to OBJ dude. When I read that I just stopped responding because I realized we weren't going to get anywhere. 

OBJ hasn't had a notable season in 3 years.

If OBJ is so great explain 856 yards over the last two years?

On 3/18/2022 at 6:40 PM, AlexGreen#20 said:

Yes, Julio Jones and a 1st round draft pick is a ton of resources when you've brought back MVS, Lazard, and Cobb. You don't need 6 guys at WR.

Is that enough?  Then you proceed to compare Allen Lazard to Davante Adams.  Stats and measurables.  Please.  And no Allen Lazard is not a #1 receiver.  I like him just fine but no sorry he's just not.  As far as height and speed yah fine he's not slow but he's not fast either.  Big dude and a good blocker.  

OK so what separates Davante and Lazard?  Route running, and FOOT speed.  Davante's release off the line is one of the best in all of the NFL. To compare the two is ridiculous. MVS is not back on the roster.  He's still a FA.  He has him resigned but that is no guarantee either.  6 receivers  is totally reasonable.  

Gute is going to take multiple receivers in this draft.   At least 2 but probably 3.  Not all picks are guaranteed to work out so you take multiple bites of the apple to increase your odds of hitting.  This position has to be fixed but yet you have been debating this whole thread that is doesn't.  

Maybe I'll do a mock at some point.  This is not a bad effort although I really don't like any available FA receivers.  MVS maybe if the price is right.  He has a role but is far from a complete receiver.  

Right now we have what?  Randall Cobb, Allen Lazard, Amari Rodgers, Juwann Winfree.  That's a scary bunch.  Only 2 guys are locks.  Cobb and Lazard.  Amari hasn't shown squat yet.  We don't know what he is.  Maybe he comes on in year 2 or maybe he busts. 

Gute is going to spend resources to rebuild the WR room believe it.  Guessing we'll see 3 drafted this year.  Probably a low level FA that isn't on anyone's radar. Know we have other needs but losing Adams has changed things.  This is a huge loss that won't be easy to overcome.