Packfanfb's "Post Holy **** We Traded Davante" Mock

packfanfb

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We have Slaton, who better be better than Lancaster this year. We have fatties. We need pass rush. 

What draft pick on the DL provides that?   Winfrey maybe, but I think he is going to take time.  Travis Jones is a run stuff DL.  Davis is a run stuff.   Devonte Wyatt has a number of issues.

Do you think Leal or Logan Hall are answers?  Do we overdraft one of them at the expense of a higher rated Edge, LB, S, or WR?

The position needs help, but this draft doesn't offer many options.

44 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We have Slaton, who better be better than Lancaster this year. We have fatties. We need pass rush. 

Have you looked at Travon Walker at all? Not sure what the end game will be with him, wouldn't be surprised if he was a player to play on the outside on early downs and move inside on passing downs. 

7 hours ago, Scoremore said:

Give it up dude.  You insist on trying to compare Adams to Lazard.  It's ridiculous.  Want to explain to me why you posted it in the first place?  What's your agenda here?  To prove WR isn't a need?  It is.  No point in discussing it further with you.  You know where I stand.  WR is our #1 need and Gute will be drafting them early and often.  Feel free to pick this conversation up after the draft.  We'll see how the Packers feel about it.  Until then I'm through discussing it with you.

No he didn't.

13 minutes ago, R T said:

Have you looked at Travon Walker at all? Not sure what the end game will be with him, wouldn't be surprised if he was a player to play on the outside on early downs and move inside on passing downs. 

I think the Packers would love Walker but isn't the latest consensus that he's going in the top 7-10 picks? We'd have to move up big time. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Who's going to fit that bill anyways in this class other than Winfrey? We aren't going to take Wyatt so other than Winfrey, I don't think you're getting a plus-pass rush DL. You may be better off taking a guy like Travis Jones, kicking Clark out and focus on getting better at the EDGE 3 and 4 spots (draft 1 guy high and resign Mercilus). 

21 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

I think the Packers would love Walker but isn't the latest consensus that he's going in the top 7-10 picks? We'd have to move up big time. 

Gutes has the ammo and he has been known to use it in the past, I fully expect him to trade up from 22 if the right Edge or DL is within range. 

1 minute ago, R T said:

Gutes has the ammo and he has been known to use it in the past, I fully expect him to trade up from 22 if the right Edge or DL is within range. 

Jordan Davis around 15 would be fun. With Ojabo's injury, it'll just surprise me if any of the top 4 EDGE last very long. If the Packers like Karlaftis I think he could be in play, but idk about the fit.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Draft edge guys who can kick inside, draft fatties to stop the run. 

I'm pretty much over the Montravious Adams, Keke style player. Either draft a Clark early or let them be fat.

8 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I'm pretty much over the Montravious Adams, Keke style player. Either draft a Clark early or let them be fat.

Still think a Kenny Travis Jones combo can work. Jordan Davis is the pipe dream.

5 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Still think a Kenny Travis Jones combo can work. Jordan Davis is the pipe dream.

As desperate as the fan base is to reload at WR, you can't pass up on good defensive bigs that drop to us. Pass the pipe cuz Jordan Davis would make me quite happy at 22.

39 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I say this every year but I would like to see someone with length on the inside. Someone in the mold of Chris Jones, JJ Watt, Fletcher Cox, Calais Campbell, Deforest Buckner, Cam Heyward/Tuitt. Those guys aren't all exactly the same player but really want a long 5-tech who can slide over to 3-tech and get penetration. Just my opinion but I think the main factor in a lot of dominate 3-4 defenses is a penetrating 3-4 End. I love Clark and he is an awesome penetrating guy but doesn't necessarily have the length and pass rush I am talking about; just imagine putting a guy next to him that has double digit sack potential. Would also make our EDGE players better. 

Tweener guys do worry me some but a guy like Zadarius Smith who could stand up and do well with his hand in the dirt would be welcome. Not sure if a guy like Cam Jordan is considered a tweener but someone in that sense. 

Even bigger guys who can move like a Haloti Nagata or Akeem Hicks(I guess Jordan Davis would be that guy); I think of how dominate Justin Smith was for the 49ers, Richard Seymour for the Pats(not long per se), a young Muhammad Wilkerson, etc. I have wanted a guy like that for the last decade and the thought of pairing Clark with a guy like that would have the biggest trickle down effect on other positions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

There's a stark difference between moving up 3-4 slots to ensure you get your guy versus dealing significant draft picks to do so.  I could see Green Bay dangling their 3rd round pick to move up, which probably gets them around ~18.  Last year, the Jets traded a pair of FRPs to move up from 23 to 14 and got a 4th round pick in return.  

32 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

There's a stark difference between moving up 3-4 slots to ensure you get your guy versus dealing significant draft picks to do so.  I could see Green Bay dangling their 3rd round pick to move up, which probably gets them around ~18.  Last year, the Jets traded a pair of FRPs to move up from 23 to 14 and got a 4th round pick in return.  

I keep reading this comment over again and still don't get the point you were trying to make pertaining to my comment. 

9 minutes ago, R T said:

I keep reading this comment over again and still don't get the point you were trying to make pertaining to my comment. 

Standard make a counterpoint to something that never existed.

Welcome to internet message boards

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, R T said:

If I'm assuming correctly, I think Wood was building off your original comment I responded to about looking at Travon Walker. Again, while anything can happen on draft night, most mocks I'm seeing have Walker gone between picks 5-10. So, if he was the particular player you're hoping to target, it would require a haul to go up from 22 to get him in that range. Now, if he falls past 15, I think it becomes more of a possibility.