Armstead questionable vs Bills w/ chest injury

Dome

Charmin-Ultra-Soft-Mega-hero.png

I'm read to trade him and draft a new tackle. Put Strief at RT for one more year an put Ramy at LT if you need to.

Armstead is the biggest reason we are constantly shuffling the line. It stops us from growing as a unit and wrecks any continuity we carry week to week. He's the most valuable lineman but is the least available. 

48 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I'm read to trade him and draft a new tackle. Put Strief at RT for one more year an put Ramy at LT if you need to.

Armstead is the biggest reason we are constantly shuffling the line. It stops us from growing as a unit and wrecks any continuity we carry week to week. He's the most valuable lineman but is the least available. 

Need bubble wrap to go around the layer of Charmin 

1 hour ago, domepatrol91 said:

I cant argue with Armsteads injuy history but what forces me to cut him more slack than others is his impact in games when he plays. 

When he is on the field hes arguably the 2nd best tackle in the NFC. His pressence allows Peat to play at LG where he is quickly becoming a pro bowl talent. Hes very young and offensive lineman typically play late into their 30's so its a position you dont want to rush to judgement on. On top of all that, good offensive lineman are soooo hard to find in the NFL these days.

I know it's frustrating but i wouldnt be to quick trigger with a player like Armstead. When he came out the game my first thought was torn pectoral muscle... Out for year but obviously it isnt that serious. 

24 minutes ago, whodatworm23 said:

I cant argue with Armsteads injuy history but what forces me to cut him more slack than others is his impact in games when he plays. 

When he is on the field hes arguably the 2nd best tackle in the NFC. His pressence allows Peat to play at LG where he is quickly becoming a pro bowl talent. Hes very young and offensive lineman typically play late into their 30's so its a position you dont want to rush to judgement on. On top of all that, good offensive lineman are soooo hard to find in the NFL these days.

I know it's frustrating but i wouldnt be to quick trigger with a player like Armstead. When he came out the game my first thought was torn pectoral muscle... Out for year but obviously it isnt that serious. 

Agreed. He is easily one of the most frustrating players on the team, but I don't think we have the luxury of just getting rid of him. He is way too valuable when he is on the field. It is no coincidence that our run game has greatly improved since he came back into the lineup.

1 hour ago, tyler735 said:

I don't think we have the luxury of just getting rid of him

I definitely don’t think we should just “get rid” of him... But I do think it depends on the compensation. You have the luxury of getting rid of anyone for the right compensation.

8 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

I definitely don’t think we should just “get rid” of him... But I do think it depends on the compensation. You have the luxury of getting rid of anyone for the right compensation.

The problem is that elite caliber LT's are very hard to find. While we don't know just how good Ramcyzk can be yet, but I doubt he has anywhere near the ceiling that Armstead does. Part of that being Armstead has some of the most freakish athleticism I've seen from an OL since I started watching football. I'm with you that he's a frustrating player and it seems that him being knicked up is part of the deal with him, but when he is on the field he makes a huge difference that we simply can't replace. Sure some team could throw us a bunch of draft picks, but I doubt that we get anything that resembles what Armstead is really worth from another team. At this point, hopefully this is just a minor setback and nothing more, as I think him staying healthy is a key to us going far into the playoffs this season. 

I am. Ditch the guy. He's not reliable and he's taking a roster spot. #2 guy for 6 games makes him a #200 guy for 10. I'd rather find a durable guy for the position. We have a pretty good history of being able to build lineman, so let's get a young, durable guy to build.

He's played 61% of his games. That's the same as missing 2 full seasons.

I think we all need to take the situation in Seattle under consideration.  They traded away Unger, let Okung walk, and now they are hurting bad on the OL and had to trade for Duane Brown who hadn't taken a snap all year.  If we trade away Armstead we could be in the same boat, granted we have been great at finding OL, it's better not to risk it unless you have a player on the roster you are confident in.  Brown -> Bushrod -> Armstead I think was the progression, we've always had someone on the roster we felt could play LT when we let someone else go.

We really need Armstead for this game too.  I like him, he's a damn good left tackle, but it's a business, and if you constantly miss important games, it's time to look for someone else.  I'm not saying we rush to get rid of him, I'm just saying we need to start finding his replacement as soon as possible.

Archived