Justice League

Acgott

2 minutes ago, Acgott said:

They aren't replacing poor Cyborg already. I love MM, but he's not coming anytime soon. I'm curious how many of the JL heroes will be in Flashpoint. We can assume that Jeffrey Dean Morgan or someone else will play Thomas Wayne, but what about Wonder Woman and Aquaman. I really would love that Amazon vs Atlanteon War.

I think they could easily dump Cyborg. He is the hardest character to do CGI wise (didnt get it close to right in JL) and was probably by far the least impactful member in that movie. Plus, while Ray Fisher bay be a good actor in the long run, he isnt someone you have to keep around. Not sure why they couldnt go MM? What is stopping that?

Also, just because they are calling it Flashpoint, doent mean we see anything close to the source material. We probably wont ever see Thomas Wayne, they are already likely to switch who is Batman, I doubt they are going to throw a 3rd representation of him in there as well.

They don't need to reboot I don't think. Just do a soft reboot. Say they use Jake Gyllenhaal as Batman. A new Batman alone will have audiences not associate him with BvS and JL's Batman. He can be a younger Bruce and never mention him being old. They can keep Ezra Miller as Flash and just change his suit up. Little things like that. And all they would need to do is start making 3 or 4 good solo films to get the audience back in it's good graces. They already have Aquaman in the can. WW is def coming out. Same with Shazaam. I think they should have Joss Whedon do a Superman movie and then you have Matt Reeve's Batman movie. If those movies are even a decent hit with the critics that's enough good will go ahead and green light JL 2. It's going to be tough though because the critics seem to want a Marvel movie with DC characters in it.

Just now, StLunatic88 said:

I think they could easily dump Cyborg. He is the hardest character to do CGI wise (didnt get it close to right in JL) and was probably by far the least impactful member in that movie. Plus, while Ray Fisher bay be a good actor in the long run, he isnt someone you have to keep around. Not sure why they couldnt go MM? What is stopping that?

Oh they can easily dump himif they wanted to, but they made the decision to go with him for a reason. The next people they add to the JL will be Green Lantern, and maybe Shazam

WB clearly has something against the MM. 100 film have been announced and not a single one for the last son of Mars.

1 minute ago, Acgott said:

Oh they can easily dump himif they wanted to, but they made the decision to go with him for a reason. The next people they add to the JL will be Green Lantern, and maybe Shazam

WB clearly has something against the MM. 100 film have been announced and not a single one for the last son of Mars.

That is such a weird take?? No one ever said that about Marvel and Black Panther or Captain Marvel?

Forgot to add my thoughts.

This movie was filled with plot holes. A lot of them trying to forget BvS and the events. While this movie isn't as bad as some critics paint it, it is pretty dam underwhelming in some aspects for a lifelong fan finally getting to see the League together on screen. You could tell a lot of what Snyder and Whedon did fairly easily. Their own flaws seemed to show up. Snyder's visuals and Whedon's character interactions were strong points.

Positives

• Though the positve and accurate portrayal of Supes was undeserved, Cavill did a fantastic job and his return to battle was one of my favorite things of the movie. I'm pumped for a MoS (which we should have gotten before BvS) now more than ever. They ignored Clark's return, but the real Supes back on track is a relief.
  • Character interactions were a major plus. Good chemistry with all the members regardless of how you felt about a certain scene. No doubt Whedon's work, but I wanted to see and know more about some of the characters.
  • Action was pretty good too long with cinematography. Staple of Snyder who loves bringing comic book panels to life. Got some JLU nostalgia in some shots.
  • Post Credit scenes were encouraging. Though I don't think the Injustice League should be the next foe, I love the look of Deathstroke and Eisenberg looks more the part of Lex.

Negatives

• Humor. Way too much of it was shoved in our faces at times. Wanted to like Barry more than I did, but he came off more annoying at times ala Wally West. Some of the lines that were replaced from the trailers were big misfires too.
  • CGI. Way too heavy. Never was a fan of Cyborg's exoskeleton look. Even tho his form changed at the end, I feel like he should have been 50/50 Practical and CG. Obviously Cavill's stache removal was horrifying.
  • Superman's revival. Whedon got really lazy here. Basically the same thing as AoU. A lot of his reshoot scenes didn't seem to help too much.
  • Editing. So much in the trailers didn't make it to the movie. A lot of lines were replaced for the reshoot stuff and it didn't hit with me. Most of the cut scenes were Cyborg, and from what was leaked, should have been put in. The talk of Flash getting a new suit had me hopeful and was even talked about during the media set visit. Never saw it. No GL sighting other than the Amazon/Atlantean/Human fight with Steppenwolf.
  • Weak Villain. Steppenwolf had a nice intro. But as a whole he was underwhelming with his power/weapon and his intentions. We got a New Gods mention but it didn't feel fluid with what BvS was teasing with Apokalips. Was hoping we would get a New Gods movie to introduce us to their world before the big clash. Honestly tho they could have gone another direction. Get a big villain the league has been familar with in the comics over time. DC has so many great villains they bypassed some usable ones for Darkseid's uncle. 

Overall I give the movie a 6-6.5/10. Superman and Aquaman were the best characters. The team chemistry gives fans something to hope for even tho there wasn't much time to get more into some of the characters. Pretty disappointing that Aquaman will be the only movie releasing next year, barely. I wanna see more characters used before we get a JL sequel. Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Plastic Man, Booster Gold & Blue Beetle, Swamp Thing, etc. Seems all that WB is doing is  milking the Batman universe tho.

14 minutes ago, Acgott said:

It was a joke, but it is weird that they have announced 20 films and not even whispers of MM.

Fair, internet sarcasm is hard. Thats why I went with "weird" and not something else.

But I feel with Johns finally having control, anything is possible. And I would love to be surprised by MM appearance, rather than having a movie announced for 6 years from now.

34 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

But I feel with Johns finally having control, anything is possible. And I would love to be surprised by MM appearance, rather than having a movie announced for 6 years from now.

I hope he does have control, although I am not optimistic I haven't heard much from him recently. They need to stick to a plan and ride it out. 

16 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea hard to top Downey Jr. as Tony Stark, even Henry Cavill has a case as perfect choice for Superman considering he looks like a Greek God. Doesn't even have to act. 

Except Downey has phoned in like half his performances. Iron Man 1 RDJ was god tier casting though.

Also, strongly disagree with the guy above that said we need Booster Gold, Plastic Man, etc. before JL2. DC doesn't have the reputation right now to start taking liberties with lesser known properties of theirs. They need to stick to Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Aquaman, Flash, GL Corps, Cyborg and Shazam. If they can hit on most of those solo movies that will build JL2 hype up. Knock that out of the park and then we can go on and get the lesser known characters some shine. Only new hero they should add in anytime soon would be Martian Manhunter.

1 hour ago, RaiderX said:

• Post Credit scenes were encouraging. Though I don't think the Injustice League should be the next foe, I love the look of Deathstroke and Eisenberg looks more the part of Lex.

It could be Injustice League/LoD/whatever in JL2, but why does it have to be?  Black Manta is slated for Aquaman, and several of the others could be solo villains in others, with cameos of the IJL in each.  Bring them together whenever the time is right.  personally, I'd like it to be in JL2, but it could also create cameo crossovers of the heroes in the solo movies as well.

5 hours ago, Miami49er said:

They don't need to reboot I don't think. Just do a soft reboot. Say they use Jake Gyllenhaal as Batman. A new Batman alone will have audiences not associate him with BvS and JL's Batman. He can be a younger Bruce and never mention him being old. They can keep Ezra Miller as Flash and just change his suit up. Little things like that. And all they would need to do is start making 3 or 4 good solo films to get the audience back in it's good graces. They already have Aquaman in the can. WW is def coming out. Same with Shazaam. I think they should have Joss Whedon do a Superman movie and then you have Matt Reeve's Batman movie. If those movies are even a decent hit with the critics that's enough good will go ahead and green light JL 2. It's going to be tough though because the critics seem to want a Marvel movie with DC characters in it.

Hell no, I would rather them bring back Clooney.

5 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Also, just because they are calling it Flashpoint, doent mean we see anything close to the source material. We probably wont ever see Thomas Wayne, they are already likely to switch who is Batman, I doubt they are going to throw a 3rd representation of him in there as well.

I doubt they replace Cyborg. Also I have serious issues  if they try to replace anyone with Flashpoint. Thats a big eff you to the fans IMO, also how would they sell it? Everytime I think about how it would work. It comes across like a action sitcom replacing one character with another and giving it alot of fanfare, and build up to sell you on the new actor. I think it will just come across as cheap and just piss people off more. They should stick to just trying to make it work or just scrap the whole thing. 

Archived