Justice League

Acgott

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

She's not his equal bc no one is, thats why i said near his equal.  Shes part god, so she's the closest of the the league, but superman has no equal on earth on land.  And just the awesome display of him at full strength not caring about what happens.  Then to show that he just mops the floor with steppenwolf at the end.  I cant stop smiling whenever i think about this version of superman. 

Oh my bad, I misinterpreted what you said. You said near, IMO that usually means she can stand toe to toe with him. 

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

She's not his equal bc no one is, thats why i said near his equal.  Shes part god, so she's the closest of the the league, but superman has no equal on earth on land.  And just the awesome display of him at full strength not caring about what happens.  Then to show that he just mops the floor with steppenwolf at the end.  I cant stop smiling whenever i think about this version of superman. 

Exactly, that’s why Superman’s “true” weakness is actually his humanity. That what is holding him back from just destroying everyone all the time. When he is in his “altered state” once resurrected and has no care for those around him, he can just completely overpower basically 2 gods (or god like in WW and Aquaman) and a motherbox infused machine. All while still fast enough to keep tabs on another god level speedster. 

The more I continue to reflect on JL, I may be most excited about this new representation of Superman. 

29 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

Exactly, that’s why Superman’s “true” weakness is actually his humanity. That what is holding him back from just destroying everyone all the time. When he is in his “altered state” once resurrected and has no care for those around him, he can just completely overpower basically 2 gods (or god like in WW and Aquaman) and a motherbox infused machine. All while still fast enough to keep tabs on another god level speedster. 

The more I continue to reflect on JL, I may be most excited about this new representation of Superman. 

I was going to write something similar but i figured someone would be like "but kryptonite".  If your familiar with the justice league animated series they even follow through on that when he tells mongol that he is always holding back and then just destroys mongol. 

9 hours ago, lancerman said:

When has a comic film ever had the balls to do something the comics didn't? 

The movie sucked but Superman Returns gave Clark a son.  Something that DC avoided like the plague until a year ago. 

Sony gave Spider-Man webs without the tech shooters which made so much sense bcuz of what his powers are.  Now Marvel has doubled up and has Miles Morales forced to use the same instead of being part of his powers. 

53 minutes ago, thrILL! said:

The movie sucked but Superman Returns gave Clark a son.  Something that DC avoided like the plague until a year ago. 

Sony gave Spider-Man webs without the tech shooters which made so much sense bcuz of what his powers are.  Now Marvel has doubled up and has Miles Morales forced to use the same instead of being part of his powers. 

I don't know if those are that bold. Maybe Superman Returns. 

But the comics had Superman kill Zod decades before the movies did and same with having him die. They also brought back Kandor and all the Kryptonians there. Had him marry Lois, etc. 

Really fun movie. Needed to be longer but I still enjoyed it. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is imo one of the most perfect casting choices hollywood has made. Loved Superman coming back and his more or less just destroying everyone in his path until Lois shows up. Flash was hilarious and I can't wait to learn more about Cyborg. Aquaman was meh to me.

3 hours ago, TENINCH said:

Really fun movie. Needed to be longer but I still enjoyed it. Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman is imo one of the most perfect casting choices hollywood has made. Loved Superman coming back and his more or less just destroying everyone in his path until Lois shows up. Flash was hilarious and I can't wait to learn more about Cyborg. Aquaman was meh to me.

I don't know about that.

6 hours ago, thrILL! said:

Jon is the best thing the comics have done in years too.

On 11/18/2017 at 8:04 PM, Calvert28 said:

Yea that was the one scene out of the entire movie I was waiting for.

Hide contents

This was actually a very enjoyable movie. This is what can revive the DC Universe. I would prefered a bigger fightscene between everyone. But they did somewhat do Superman justice in regards to his powers. The comics have just gotten dumb where basically everyone can stand toe to toe with him. Him not even being phased by their attacks at the moment is exactly how the powerscale should play. He alone should account for the bulk of the power of the Justice League, its how it always should have been. 

Ben Affleck I do hope sticks with Batman. He's been able to live up to the moniker so far. Gal Gadot has been terrific. Cyborg was much better then I expected him to be and he tied in with the movie well. Flash I think they were trying to push their own DC version of Quicksilver. And personally I prefer Marvels version, lastly Jason Momoa did a good job as Aquaman.

Best thing about this movie was the chemistry. All the actors blended so well together, but the best scene of the movie by far was Flash trying to get behind Clark only to see his eyes following him. I literally LOL'd.

I loved that part, too.  He was like "WTF?!  Your as fast as me?!"

Archived