Justice League

Acgott

24 minutes ago, Eagles23 said:

Is Flash's origin always getting struck by lightning at his lab as a Forensic Scientist? In the movie he didnt have that job yet

The first Flash origin for Jay Garrick is that he was on a smoke break and inhaled "hard water" vapors and that gave him super speed

I think they could have had Steppenwolf boom tube back to Apocalypse and have a quick shot of Darkseid sitting on a throne/looking at him from afar and as the scene ends we get to see a quick shot of his omega beam. But I guess the whole point is that they are moving away from Darkseid and going towards the Injustice League/Injustice Gang/Secret Society.

48 minutes ago, iLikeDefense said:

I think they could have had Steppenwolf boom tube back to Apocalypse and have a quick shot of Darkseid sitting on a throne/looking at him from afar and as the scene ends we get to see a quick shot of his omega beam. But I guess the whole point is that they are moving away from Darkseid and going towards the Injustice League/Injustice Gang/Secret Society.

Darkseid will ultimately be a main villain.  No question whatsoever.

But we have no idea where WB/DC will go from here, especially since Flashpoint could change alot going forward.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

But we have no idea where WB/DC will go from here, especially since Flashpoint could change alot going forward.

They could ruin the Universe even more so then it is now if they cheaply, and sitcom like where they give a piss poor exploration. They should be very careful. 

8 minutes ago, Calvert28 said:

They could ruin the Universe even more so then it is now if they cheaply, and sitcom like where they give a piss poor exploration. They should be very careful. 

???

Is the bolded supposed to say "explanation"?   Not being a grammar Nazi...but the way you worded that sentence threw me off.

So, are you saying if they do Darkseid poorly, it would ruin the universe even more?  Because I doubt anyone would disagree with that.   The villains thus far have been a weak point fo the DCEU.   They definitely need to dramatically improve in that area.

4 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

???

Is the bolded supposed to say "explanation"?   Not being a grammar Nazi...but the way you worded that sentence threw me off.

So, are you saying if they do Darkseid poorly, it would ruin the universe even more?  Because I doubt anyone would disagree with that.   The villains thus far have been a weak point fo the DCEU.   They definitely need to dramatically improve in that area.

Yea, I'm on my phone.

And I mean anything with the Flashpoint ability. Especially if it's to correct a plot hole or cover up for poor directing. 

1 minute ago, Calvert28 said:

Yea, I'm on my phone.

And I mean anything with the Flashpoint ability. Especially if it's to correct a plot hole or cover up for poor directing. 

Of course if its done poorly it would hurt things even more.  Again, I doubt anyone would disagree with that.

If its done smartly and is well thought out,  it could absolutely retcon some of the issues with the current DCEU.     If they do Flashpoint, the biggest changes I would hope to see are....

-Different Bruce Wayne/Batman (if needed)

-Different Lex (have his father be alive and be the REAL Lex)

-Different Joker (this one might be more tricky, but is still very possible)

-Replace any other actors that might need replaced....my suggestion would be replacing Amy Addams as Lois Lane.

-Do to BvS what Days of Future Past did to X3 and make it so it either never happened or happened in a very different way (No Doomsday or ridiciulous plan by ALEXANDER Luthor)

Havent seen JL yet, so I cant say anything yet.

All of those are extremely fixable issues as long as they actually explain it and dont just make it happen and expect everyone to just accept it.   If Barry traveled back to save his mom, have it explained that him doing so sent out ripples through the space/time continuum that slightly nudged alot of things just slightly, to where maybe some werent affected at all, but perhaps effect certain family trees in ways.   Like I mentioned before, maybe Bruce's great grandfather on the Wayne side married a different woman and it ultimately affected his DNA and how he looks in future movies.    Maybe instead of Alexander's father dying in the old timeline, Lex never has a child in the new timeline.

It can absolutely be done.   Whether it WOULD be done WELL is another story.

Haven't seen JL, but I finally watched WW yesterday to prepare for this one. God it was awful, and completely suffered from the same things the first DC movies suffered from; out of pace, horrible character development, corny script writing, plot holes everywhere, and just no real motive or story to tell. This project has been a colossal bust up to this point outside of two people: Affleck and Gadot. Looking at the scores on JL, I'm not convinced I'm following this going forward.

I wanted this to be so good as a casual fan of DC > Marvel. 

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Why would they go through the trouble of the closing teaser if they were going to suddenly change directions with Flashpoint?

6 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Why would they go through the trouble of the closing teaser if they were going to suddenly change directions with Flashpoint?

They clearly haven’t planned out Flashpoint until after they knew what needed to be done guided by the response to JL. 

And they likely had the second scene already done with the original Snyder film (lex was a much bigger part of that one)

4 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Because there are certain things still in the air...like the future of Batfleck and the DCEU as a whole after Justice League.

I dont know what the plans are, but Flashpoint will absolutely be viewed as a chance to retcon certain issues with the DCEU and course correct it for whichever direction they choose to take thereafter.   

Its not like Flashpoint has to change absolutely everything.

Finally saw JL last night. Enjoyed it more than MoS and BvS by far. Still suffers from similar issues as prior DCEU films when it comes to choppy editing etc. Villain was terrible. The main takeaway from this movie though is that the characters themselves were fun and so was their interactions with one another. They gave you a bit of backstory on Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg, some more than others, but it was enough to get you invested into wanting to see more of them in their solo films.

I knew about the Superman mustache CGI so I went in looking for it(can't help it) so my perspective was skewed but it was hilariously noticeable. I just wanna know, for any of you who didn't know about the story/CGI and saw the movie....did you notice it immediately?

5 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Finally saw JL last night. Enjoyed it more than MoS and BvS by far. Still suffers from similar issues as prior DCEU films when it comes to choppy editing etc. Villain was terrible. The main takeaway from this movie though is that the characters themselves were fun and so was their interactions with one another. They gave you a bit of backstory on Aquaman/Flash/Cyborg, some more than others, but it was enough to get you invested into wanting to see more of them in their solo films.

I knew about the Superman mustache CGI so I went in looking for it(can't help it) so my perspective was skewed but it was hilariously noticeable. I just wanna know, for any of you who didn't know about the story/CGI and saw the movie....did you notice it immediately?

I remember reading about it, but forget when I saw the movie and didn't notice it.

Yea if you didn’t know about it you weren’t looking for it. My fiancée didn’t notice at all and I just went again with my daughter (liked it even more the 2nd time) and she didn’t notice it. She’s 15 years old and always notices bad CGI. The only time it was laughably bad was in the beginning with the cell phone footage. 

On 11/22/2017 at 5:33 PM, INbengalfan said:

Because they didn't spend 475 million dollars on a movie (Justice League) that they thought would bomb, and because they spent 300 million before they realized they had a bad movie?  And they greenlit it before they even realized how bad BvS was. 

You don't film a scene like that with two movie stars and not put it somewhere. 

Archived