Jaguars C Brandon Linder retires from the NFL

TheKillerNacho

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Seems like a solid match.

Also - this sort of late notice for retirement, and Linder was pretty good too, right? This seemingly came out of left field.

Its definitely weird for an announcement. Like, Joe Staley announced his retirement at the draft 2 years ago, but that was at the niners request (so they could replace him and not get gouged I would assume). But the niners knew about it long before. I'm just not sure why the announcement right now unless he really just made the decision to retire

• Like 1

This has been in the works for a couple weeks. He’s missed a ton of games the past two years and Shatley who we re-signed likely figures to take the starting role. Would expect an interior OL or two drafted but I don’t think we sign an FA C or anything. Shatley has basically acted as the starter and played fairly well for a while now.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Adrenaline_Flux said:

baalke is too much of a coward to do it at 1.1

Between us, I love Linderbaum. He’s got the good to be a top 5 C in the NFL pretty much the minute he signs his contract.

Not sure if that’s 1.1 worth (I’m actually sure it’s not) but he’s an immediate starter for the next 10+ years for somebody.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

This has been in the works for a couple weeks. He’s missed a ton of games the past two years and Shatley who we re-signed likely figures to take the starting role. Would expect an interior OL or two drafted but I don’t think we sign an FA C or anything. Shatley has basically acted as the starter and played fairly well for a while now.

Never trust a man named Shatley.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ET80 said:

Seems like a solid match.

Also - this sort of late notice for retirement, and Linder was pretty good too, right? This seemingly came out of left field.

We’ve known for a while that this was very likely to happen. If he hadn’t retired, he was probably being released. It seems like the team gave him the time to process the end of his career and the ability to go out on his terms. He’s been injured a lot and it seems like he’s finally ready to just stop playing and causing more harm to his body.

He was still good, it’s just that you can only have so many season ending injuries, year after year, before you’re ready to move on.

Center seems to be the only position that we can have a long time fixture spend his entire career here.

• Like 2