Top 5 teams you're most excited to watch in 2022

notthatbluestuff

Excluding your own team.

Unsurprisingly, mine are all in the AFC.

Bills - their Super Bowl window is wide open; can Josh Allen keep up the transcendent level of play he showed in the postseason?
Ravens - what does this team look like healthy? I can't wait to see.
Chiefs - Mahomes is always a draw - how does the offense adapt with their new personnel?
Dolphins - call me crazy; I think Tua is going to take a major leap and this offense will be seriously good in McDaniel's first year as HC.
Jets - call me crazy again; I'm on record as stating that Zach Wilson will have the best sophomore season of his QB draft class and I'm really excited to see how he does in his second year in this system. 

If I had to pick an NFC team, give me the Niners. Shanahan's system is so fun to watch. 

Bottom 5 - 

Giants
Commanders
Panthers
Falcons
Seahawks

Those last 3 could be seriously ugly. NYG and Washington could surprise - for the former, it depends on what Daboll does with the team. Washington haven't been fun to watch in decades, even when they've been good. 

5 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Dolphins - call me crazy; I think Tua is going to take a major leap and this offense will be seriously good in McDaniel's first year as HC.

Tua looks like he's in legit distress whenever he has to throw the ball further than 10-15 yards.

49ers - New QB, same team

Dolphins - Tua development? Use of weapons? Mike McDaniels calling the shots on offense?

Bengals - Joe Burrow and those weapons with an OL?

Broncos - Is Russ cooking full time? Do weapons reach their potential?

Raiders - DC to DA like Fresno days? Josh’s second shot at HC? For me personally, watching Chandler Jones and Maxx Crosby get after the QB together should be fun.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

I really want to see what the Ravens will look like with a healthy roster. Even all my bias aside, I think Lamar is the most exciting player in the NFL to watch, so having a healthy offensive line and non-garbage RB's this year should be exciting to see.

If last year's team was featured on some network medical drama, TV fans would roll their eyes and say it's too unrealistic for so many players to get hurt all at once. I'm psyched to watch the Ravens if Dobbins is healthy and Bateman progresses. 

I'll do 6, one from each division. The top 2 are far above the rest for me.

AFC South - Colts - Matt Ryan.

AFC West - Chargers - Besides my love for Herbert, I'm excited to see what this team can do with their offseason additions. This division in particular is going to be fun to watch.

AFC North - Browns - Almost went with the Bengals here to see how Burrow and company recover from their Super Bowl loss, but the Browns are an interesting watch just because of Watson. 

AFC East - Dolphins - Tyreek and Waddle will be fun to watch. 

NFC South - Buccaneers - I can't pick the Falcons here, so I'll go with the Bucs. I should hate Brady, but I can't. What he's doing at his age is unbelievable and I'm here for it. I'm just happy this isn't happening in the Falcons' "window". 

NFC West - Cardinals - Rams are my second or third favorite team if that's a thing (not really), but I'll go with the Cardinals as a little more interesting in 2022. How will Murray perform in his 4th year? 

NFC North - Packers - How will Rodgers be without Adams? I think he'll be just fine personally. 

NFC East - ??? - honestly no one in this division interests me.

Edited by swoosh
And clearly I've lost it. There are 8 divisions. Cool. 
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

If last year's team was featured on some network medical drama, TV fans would roll their eyes and say it's too unrealistic for so many players to get hurt all at once. I'm psyched to watch the Ravens if Dobbins is healthy and Bateman progresses. 

Yeah, last year sucked...

Just now, swoosh said:

AFC North - Browns - Almost with the Bengals here to see how Burrow and company recover from their Super Bowl loss, but the Browns are an interesting watch just because of Watson. 

Sure - but how many games will he play? Further, I'm just not sure how "excited" I can be to watch Deshaun Watson at this point. 

15 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

NYG and Washington could surprise

I think the Giants have a shot to surprise people this year. I really like their coaching staff and they have some decent talent. 

Commies as well if their QB doesnt implode.  

1 minute ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Sure - but how many games will he play? Further, I'm just not sure how "excited" I can be to watch Deshaun Watson at this point. 

You're right. I really didn't answer your question of teams I'm excited to watch. 

If terms of being excited to watch, it's really only the Chargers and Colts for me. The rest will just be interesting to follow, but I certainly won't go out of my way to watch any of those other teams I listed.