Top 5 teams you're most excited to watch in 2022

notthatbluestuff

49 minutes ago, WizeGuy said:

Gotta give Buffalo's medical and conditioning teams props- they're consistently near the lowest on the list when it comes to injuries. It's been that way for a few years, so it seems be becoming a trend rather than a stroke of luck. 

Same for the Rams. At this point it can't just be luck

• Like 1

I'll be most interested in the two teams with new franchise QBs, Denver and Cleveland, along with Miami (with vastly improved blocking), and continuing my morbid fascination with the Jets (can a team win with no passing threat?). 

Also, wherever Malik Willis ends up (likely Seattle, Atlanta or Carolina).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Bengals - Joe Burrow and those weapons with an OL?

This is the first full healthy offseason Burrow has had.  Had to deal with covid nonsense after the draft affecting camps and training. Had to deal with injury last offseason.  Chase Year 2, Higgins Year 3, Boyd in the slot, massively upgraded oline, Mixon in his prime, Hurst has more receiving potential than Uzomah, even if not as charming to the press, the defense returns all 11 starters and will get two quality depth pieces (potentially a starter at CB) in the first two days of the draft, AND the Bengals have to cap room to still make a couple more moves in FA AND extend 1 or 2 of their current guys.

16 hours ago, stl4life07 said:

1 Chargers - Seeing what the Rams did by bringing a Superbowl home to LA, I think the Chargers now have the pressure on them to do the same. Not just the pressure of them as a team but Herbert to make the playoffs after seeing what Burrow did with the Bengals and not just make the playoffs but take them to the Superbowl. Then I think about the head coach Staley whom is from the McVay coaching tree. We saw what Zac Taylor did and most people were higher on Staley as a head coaching candidate than Taylor. Plus I just love the moves the Chargers made by keeping Williams, then trading for Mack, and signing both SJD and Jackson. The Chargers have everything they need to come out of the AFC and not just make the Superbowl but win it. The question will be, will they actually do it? Plus Im circling Rams v Chargers at Sofi. Technically its a Chargers home game but we know whose house it is...RAMS HOUSE!!!

2 Broncos - I love the addition of Russ. The pressure is all on him bc he wanted out of Seattle. He wanted to be in an offense that will let him be him. He has that now with the Broncos. I love their defense and they added more nice pieces on that side of the ball. I think we see the old Russ who used to use his legs more often. With the Seahawks I think he mentally checked out more than anything and thats why he seemed to scale back and had everyone wondering why he wasnt running more like he used too? This Broncos team has a chance to be dangerRUSS and thats why Im so high on them to not only win the AFCW but get to the Superbowl out of the AFC.

3 Dolphins - This team has definition of potential most fun to watch. They bring in McDaniels from the Niners who will implement his version of Kyle type offense. They traded for Hill and already have Waddle and Gesicki. Not to mention they have Edmunds and I think Mostert. Then they upgraded the OL with Armstead and Williams. You have to think Tua is more talented than Jimmy G is within the type of offense McDaniels is going to want to run that this offense has a chance to be extremely dangerous and fun to watch. The defense I think is very solid. People are sleeping on the Dolphins but it wouldnt shock me if they made the playoffs and finish 2nd in the AFCE ahead of the Pats and maybe even give the Bills a push to win the division.

4 Rams - Im just thinking of having a full season with Akers, ARob on the team and he fits the type of receiver that Stafford loves, plus Kupp, and maybe bring back OBJ for another late season push when he comes back in November. This offense should be even better than last season. Plus Im still hopeful the Rams can sign Wagner bc the Rams havent had that caliber of inside linebacker since London Fletcher back in the day. Then we know the Rams love to make in season big trades before or at the trade deadline if they feel they need to fill a spot. Right now that spot would be adding another pass rusher since the lost Von or an outside corner since they lost Williams. So they will see how things go to start the season but if things dont seem right at those spots dont be shocked if they make another Von type of trade in season to bring in a big time guy. So Im always excited to watch this Rams team continue to be aggressive to make playoff push. They now will have repeating on their mind. Its not going to be easy and they know it.

5 Bengals - They went to work by upgrading the OL. The defense played great in the playoffs so Im interested to see if they can carry it over into the regular season this upcoming season. Im excited to see how this team does when Burrow isnt being sacked 70 times. Now they have a taste of not just playoff success but getting to the Superbowl, how will they do? We know its even harder for Superbowl losing teams to not just get back to the Superbowl but even make the playoffs the next season. So Im excited to see if Burrow and company will make sure they wont be a part of that trend. 

Agreed with four of these, but I'd swap out the Dolphins for the Browns.  This just seems like a "get your popcorn ready" kind of season developing for them.  They have watson and the clouds circling him, still have Mayfield, and a very talented roster.  How this team wasn't selected for Hard Knocks is beyond me.  It will be very interesting to watch how things come together both on and off the field for them.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

Agreed with four of these, but I'd swap out the Dolphins for the Browns.  This just seems like a "get your popcorn ready" kind of season developing for them.  They have watson and the clouds circling him, still have Mayfield, and a very talented roster.  How this team wasn't selected for Hard Knocks is beyond me.

14 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

Because the last thing the NFL wants is any potential sexual assault charges happening to Watson viewed nationally.

Actually, it's because only three teams were eligible to be picked for Hard Knocks - the Browns were ineligible. 

7 hours ago, WizeGuy said:

Gotta give Buffalo's medical and conditioning teams props- they're consistently near the lowest on the list when it comes to injuries. It's been that way for a few years, so it seems be becoming a trend rather than a stroke of luck. 

Correct it's not luck. 

If you listen to a press conference of any recent FA signing, they will tell you one of the key reasons they picked Buffalo is the workout facilities and the medical experts they keep around all year long. The Bills invest heavily in it. 

In 2019 they re did their entire 41,000 sq ft workout facility and it is top of the notch. 

https://www.buffalobills.com/news/bills-expect-world-class-sports-performance-center-to-enhance-their-game

Edited by The BILLievers

3 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Agreed with four of these, but I'd swap out the Dolphins for the Browns.  This just seems like a "get your popcorn ready" kind of season developing for them.  They have watson and the clouds circling him, still have Mayfield, and a very talented roster.  How this team wasn't selected for Hard Knocks is beyond me.  It will be very interesting to watch how things come together both on and off the field for them.

Yeah I didn’t mention the Browns bc Mayfield will either be traded or cut so he won’t be on the team Week 1 of the regular season and Watson could get suspended so if he miss the first 4-8 games then this team won’t be watchable and could find themselves out of the playoff race by the time Watson comes back thus everyone pointing to the 2023 season where the Browns will be a very interesting team to watch. 

AFC West, Rams, 49ers, Dolphins, AFC North specifically Ravens but intrigued if Pitt can make Mitch work and if Watson elevates the Browns, and obviously the Bengals after last years run are a team to be excited about. Bills are exciting if Josh Allen goes off, but I kinda want to see them get a run game with a Westbrook type I think that would be the most exciting version of them, not sure I see a potential move outside maybe Saquon, CMC, or something like that (pass game RB).

Edited by Trojan

18 hours ago, NYRaider said:

• Dolphins (sorry @notthatbluestuff) - I'm not a huge fan of Tua but they've done a great job of building the offense around him and McDaniels is an excellent offensive mind. Will be interesting to see how things pan out for them. 

Well, well... aren't you worried about Tua and his labored look when throwing deep lol? Won't that derail the whole offense?