S Malcolm Jenkins retiring

RaidersAreOne

5 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Just pointing out that they could sign him if they’d like. There have been rumblings of Jenkins retiring, but I don’t think that the Saints would have signed Honey Badger until the retirement was official for a number of reasons. Sorensen is a depth move, and I think the Saints figured to get him under contract in case Jenkins doesn’t retire but Mathieu in the meantime signs elsewhere.  

Oh yeah they definitely have the money and could sign him…

I just think if they really wanted him he would be a Saints already, and I’m not sure Sorenson would be

3 hours ago, Art_Vandalay said:

Not sure if he'll get HOF consideration down the line but I hope he does. If he doesn't knockout Brandin Cooks and lock down James White, I'm not so sure Philly has a Lombardi right now.

He had a stuff for a 3 yard loss as well as a pass deflection while defending Reggie Wayne in the Saints Super Bowl as well... We may have won it without him, but he pulled his own weight for sure even as a rookie.

Edited by Dome

I remember him coming out and the concerns around his atheticism. He's managed to carve out a nice career for himself, and with not one, but two Super Bowl rings to go alongside three Pro Bowl bids, you have to wonder if he's going to be a first ballot hall of famer, or one of the ones that takes a while to get in.

• Like 1

I went to Mississippi for combat school and had a weekend off, and went to NOLA with some friends. When we got there I heard there was a meet the players celebrate the SB type event at the dome and I decided to go to that while the others went and did the touristy see the city stuff. I meet a handful of guys and had a mini football and sharpie  saw a massive line to meet Darren Sharper [edit: I skipped that along with the line to eventually see Brees and all the other "Superstar" type stuff with lines]... but beyond that leaned up against the building in the shade alone was this man just chilling. I went up to him and asked if he was Malcolm Jenkins and I although I am not a Saints fan that I really liked him as a prospect and hope he has a great career. We talked for a while and when he asked if I'd like him to sign my ball (I had forgotten, was just talking to him at that point), I asked if he'd also sign "Ohio State", and he said "No [pause] The Ohio State".

I also meet Jeff Charleston (he was with the Saints cheerleaders), Patrick Robinson (he was a rookie and was hanging out with kids by the throw a ball through the target event), Alex Brown (recognized him walking up the steps) and Lance Moore (he was seated at a table, I think with Pierre Thomas if I remember right). Malcolm Jenkins all alone though was definitely the most cool experience as all the others were more of a multiple fans and the feel of Meet the Champions type thing, but Jenkins was a real conversation.

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 7

Saw this coming when Saints did something with his contract and all the fans were questioning like “is this retirement?” He did so much in the community during his career. Great player in his prime, but an even better human. Was the heartbeat of that Eagles SB team along with BG. Philly will always love a great safety. Thank you Malcolm. 🙏🏻

• Like 1