Official FootballsFuture Top 36 QB's as voted on by the Forum

BayRaider

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Watson and Wilson could be elite, but I wouldnt put them there until they show they can get back to that level.

Umm when have they left that level? Wilson was injured last year and Watson couldn’t play. Both were Top 4-5 Elite QB’s before that and their play has not tapered off.

5 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Umm when have they left that level? Wilson was injured last year and Watson couldn’t play. Both were Top 4-5 Elite QB’s before that and their play has not tapered off.

He absolutely could have. He chose not to. When he proves he can play without quitting in a hissy fit and can actually win games, he can have his place in the top whatever back. 

As for Wilson, yeah, he was hurt last year. Problem is, he's also getting to the age where a rebound into elite status isn't necessarily a guarantee, injury or not. Fwiw, I think he'll be fine. But I'm also not taking it for granted anymore. I feel like he's gonna be one of those QBs who ages 10 years over an off-season and it'll be noticeable.... whenever that may be. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:
8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He absolutely could have. He chose not to. When he proves he can play without quitting in a hissy fit and can actually win games, he can have his place in the top whatever back. 

How? The team suspended him...

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

They never officially suspended him. If they did an informal "suspension", it's because he refused to play- which means he absolutely COULD have shown up and they likely WOULD have thrown him in. 

Or its because he was wrapped up in a top 5 NFL scandal of all time and the team wanted none of that press?

Just now, Matts4313 said:

Or its because he was wrapped up in a top 5 NFL scandal of all time and the team wanted none of that press?

Then they could have formally suspended him. They didn't. 

My point is, there's a massive distinction between he simply "couldn't play (so we can't hold it against him)" and being barred from playing. 

If someone wants to place him at 32/32 until he proves otherwise, I fully support that. I see no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll just up and rebound in Cleveland as a top tier QB. 

IMO, he forfeited his "elite QB" medal when he quit on the team. He can prove himself elite again (and given his physical talent, likely will). That, I believe, was @43M's point, which I agree with. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Im not saying they necessarily "left" as much as it is that certain changes could affect the level at which they play at going forward.  

Im not saying it will...and I fully expect both to still play at a high level.   But "elite"?   We will see....especially with Watson and everything he has been through over the least year plus.    

Edited by 43M

38 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

To that point, stuff like that can linger and affect a person.     If Watson is able to get back to completely focusing on football, I think he will be more than fine....but who knows how all of this will affect him mentally going forward.

21 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

That was literally the only point of that post. Manning had more years in the less easy, Brady had more in the post-easy. 

Im not sure if you feel like I am knocking Brady? The whole world understands he had the GOAT career. 

I just love Tom Brady and I want you to love him too 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

Bradys exact words:

"I won 3 superbowls before I realized it was hard" => He got carried for 3.

He did not get carried for 3 rings. They flat out don’t beat the Panthers without him making up for his defense falling apart. Then the next year he had a 123.5 passer rating in the Super Bowl and was every bit a reason that team won a title as the defense. 

10 minutes ago, lancerman said:

He did not get carried for 3 rings. They flat out don’t beat the Panthers without him making up for his defense falling apart. Then the next year he had a 123.5 passer rating in the Super Bowl and was every bit a reason that team won a title as the defense. 

Hey man, it was his words, not mine. I love Brady so I believe he is telling the truth. Are you calling a lord and savior a liar? 

43 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Hey man, it was his words, not mine. I love Brady so I believe he is telling the truth. Are you calling a lord and savior a liar? 

Saying something is hard is not the same as saying he got carried. Having early success can mislead someone into thinking a difficult feat is easier than it is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Saying something is hard is not the same as saying he got carried. Having early success can mislead someone into thinking a difficult feat is easier than it is. 

Did you read the full quote? 

He said:

"What does a purse, a newborn baby and Tom Brady the first 3 superbowls have in common?" "We all got carried" - Thomas Patrick Edward Brady

Or Edward Patrick, I forget. I do know this, never trust a man with 4 first names. Everyone knows that. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

No they didn’t.

There was something funky there because I never heard about them fining him for missed time, which is now mandatory and unforgivable. So he was on some sort of "You cant be here" list. "Non football related, stay home"

Edited by Matts4313