Moretti's May Mock #1

moretti19

Let me start out by saying that I really enjoy doing mocks and reading your feedback. It is a fun way to get to know the prospects.

I am out in California, and it is supposed to be 98 degrees next week so that calls for....

s-l300.jpg

Trade:

Greenbay sends 4th #132 and 7th #228 to JAX for  Shenault

USATSI_16934930.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

The Jaguars spent big money to acquire Christian Kirk and Zay Jones in free agency. Is Shenault, the 42nd overall pick in 2020, still in the team’s long-term plans at receiver? He managed only 619 receiving yards on 100 targets last season, but a change of scenery – including a new quarterback and a new offense – could do him wonders. While Shenault is probably not a true No. 1  receiver, his versatile skillset still looks like a good fit in the Matt LaFleur offense. Adding Shenault and a high draft pick could be the talent infusion the Packers need at receiver.

Greenbay sends Jordan Love to Seattle for RD 2 #41

y8r1wpsf1oatvzluevdy

NFL Draft:

First round, No. 22 overall (from LV)

Purdue image George Karlaftis*, 3-4OLB/DE, Purdue
Height: 6-4. Weight: 275. Arm: 32.63. Hand: 10.25.
Projected 40 Time: 4.84.
Bench: 21. Vertical: 38. Broad: 10-1.
Projected Round (2022): 1.
View Ranking History

3/26/22: In 2021, Karlaftis recorded 36 tackles, 4.5 sacks, two passes broken up and two forced fumbles. He is an interesting player because team sources say he shows some ability as a pass rusher, including functional strength to get off blocks, but that does not translate to defending the run, where he needs to get stronger for the NFL. Karlaftis worked out well at the combine and interviewed well according to team sources.

1166916507.jpg.0.jpg

First round, No. 28 overall

Iowa image Tyler Linderbaum*, C, Iowa
Height: 6-2. Weight: 290. Arm: 31.13. Hand: 10.00.
Projected 40 Time: 5.10.
Projected Round (2022): 1-2.
View Ranking History

3/19/22: After a superb 2020 season, Linderbaum dominated the Big Ten in 2021 and finished his season with phenomenal performance against a good Kentucky defense in the Citrus Bowl. Linderbaum could be a plus NFL starter early in his pro career. Linderbaum looks like a first-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. He could be a plug-and-play starter with the potential to be a Pro Bowler before the end of his rookie contract.

163ab830-61b3-11ec-a7e4-94ed174450c3

Seattle RD 2 #41

Utah image Devin Lloyd, ILB, Utah
Height: 6-3. Weight: 235. Arm: 33.00. Hand: 9.50.
40 Time: 4.66.
Bench: 25. Vertical: 35. Broad: 10-6.
Projected Round (2022): 1-2.
View Ranking History

3/26/22: Lloyd amassed 111 tackles, eight sacks, one forced fumble, four interceptions and six passes defended in 2021. Team sources who like Lloyd say he is big, long and athletic. They feel he has good instincts, but is not overly twitchy. He is physical and has good length to play off blocks. Lloyd made some impressive plays in coverage and as a rusher in 2021. He has a quality skill set and looks like a safe pick to be a quality starter. If he doesn't go in the first round, Lloyd should at least be a high second-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.

0_Lloyd_Devin_FB_RG21_4.jpg

Second round, No. 53 overall (from LV)
Georgia image George Pickens*, WR, Georgia
Height: 6-3. Weight: 195. Arm: 32.38. Hand: 8.75.
Official 40 Time: 4.47.
Projected Round (2022): 1-3

View Ranking History

3/12/22: After suffering a torn ACL in the spring, Pickens didn't play until late in the 2021 season. making four receptions for 55 yards over three games. Team sources are really high on his skill set of size, speed and athleticism. He could be a late first-rounder or early second-round pick in the 2022 NFL Draft. Pickens helped himself with an impressive combine, showing off his speed and explosion.

6/26/21: In 2020, Pickens made 36 receptions for 513 yards and six touchdowns. Georgia had inconsistent quarterback play with a changing cast of trigger men, but Pickens flashed despite the lack of continuity in the passing attack. He also played well as a freshman for Georgia, catching 49 passes for 727 yards and eight touchdowns. Pickens has the upside to be better as he gains experience.

1228875837.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Second round, No. 59 overall

Connecticut image Travis Jones, DT, Connecticut
Height: 6-4. Weight: 326. Arm: 34.00. Hand: 10.25.
40 Time: 4.92. 10-Yd: 1.76. Three Cone: 7.33.
Vertical: 28.5. Broad: 9-2.
Projected Round (2022): 2-3.
View Ranking History

3/26/22: Jones went under the radar in 2021, but he is a big nose tackle who flashed some pass-rush ability over the past two years, putting up 3.5 sacks each season. Jones also was a solid run defender with 126 tackles over the past three seasons. He then had a good week of practice at the Senior Bowl. Jones is a heavy nose tackle who could be a tough run defender in the NFL and contribute to the pass rush by creating a push. At the 2022 NFL Scouting Combine, Jones continued his strong postseason with a very good workout, showing impressive speed for a large nose tackle.

1238167970.jpg

5. Third round, No. 92 overall

Illinois image Kerby Joseph, S, Illinois
Height: 6-1. Weight: 200. Arm: 33.00. Hand: 10.25.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Bench: 18. Vertical: 38.5. Broad: 10-3.
Projected Round (2022): 3-4.
View Ranking History

3/19/22: Joseph had an impressive senior year, recording 57 tackles, five interceptions and two passes defended. He showed a huge improvement over the previous three years, over which he notched zero interceptions and 60 tackles. At the Senior Bowl, Joseph had a solid week of practice.

usa_today_16827125.jpg

Fourth round, No. 132 overall Traded

Fourth round, No. 140 overall (compensatory)

Clemson image Justyn Ross*, WR, Clemson
Height: 6-4. Weight: 205. Arm: 32.13. Hand: 9.63.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2022): 3-5

View Ranking History

3/12/22: Ross was a bit rusty to start 2021, and that is understandable after missing the 2020 season. He started to look better, but Clemson's passing game funk hurt Ross' opportunities. Ross has a good skill set, and some team sources say he is Tee Higgins 2.0. NFL teams, however, worry about Ross' medical issues, and that was given additional weight with his concussion in 2021 and then a foot injury that required surgery and cut his season short. He totaled 46 receptions for 514 yards and three touchdowns in 2021.

6/26/21: Ross was out for the 2020 season due to a spinal condition that required surgery, but Clemson was optimistic that Ross would return in 2021. The surgery was said to be over a congenital neck issue, and there was speculation that it could be career-ending.

Ross played well for Clemson in 2019, although the offense spread the ball around to a variety of playmakers. He totaled 66 receptions for 865 yards and eight touchdowns in 2019. Ross broke out in 2018, showing off a freakish skill set alongside size and speed. While Clemson spread the ball out as well that season, Ross made the most of his receptions, totaling 1,000 yards and nine touchdowns on 46 receptions for an average of 21.7 yards per catch. Ross is brimming with upside and looks like he has high first-round potential.

1196434798.jpeg

Fifth round, No. 171 overall

LSU image Austin Deculus, OT, LSU
Height: 6-5. Weight: 325. Arm: 34.38. Hand: 9.25.
40 Time: 5.08. 10-Yd: 1.76.
Vertical: 28.5. Broad: 9-1.
Projected Round (2022): 3-5.
View Ranking History

3/19/22: Deculus sustained a shoulder injury in the 2021 season opener, but he stayed on the field and played through it. Deculus looks like a mid-round backup who could develop into a bigger role.

9409028.jpg

Seventh round, No. 228 overall (from HOU) Traded

Seventh round, No. 249 overall

Fayetteville State image Joshua Williams, CB, Fayetteville State
Height: 6-2. Weight: 193. Arm: 32.25. Hand: 9.25.
40 Time: 4.53.
Vertical: 36. Broad: 10-4.
Projected Round (2022): 5-7.
View Ranking History

3/19/22: Williams had a quality season for Fayetteville State and earned an invitation to the Senior Bowl. He did not stand out in Mobile, but he was not abused either.

josh-williams-FEAT-IMG.jpg

11. Seventh round, No. 258 overall (compensatory)

Texas image D'Shawn Jamison, CB, Texas
Height: 5-9. Weight: 188.
Projected 40 Time: 4.45.
Projected Round (2022): 5-7.
View Ranking History

3/19/22: Jamison notched 49 tackles, one interception and one breakup in 2021. He is a backup slot cornerback candidate.

7/17/21: Jamison was impressive in 2019 when he recorded 35 tackles, three interceptions, three passes broken up and a forced fumble. He was not as productive in terms of turnovers in 2020, but he was still a solid player, recording 31 tackles and six breakups in the shortened season. Jamison is a slot corner candidate for the NFL.

jamison_dshawn_ksu_2001.jpg

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Drafting a pure center in the first round after taking a pure center the year before in the second round is a choice.

Also taking a high second round off LB is too. And if one is going to fall it’s likely Dean not Lloyd. Lloyd has the size and athletic profile… Dean is like what 5’10” or something

23 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I've contemplated doing this in mocks, quite confident that Myers could be a plus guard. Jenkins, Linderbaum, Myers is elite.

I'm not sure I share your optimism of Myers as a guard prospect.  I think he's serviceable, but I'm pleased with him at center.  I don't really see any need to move him off that position.  Plus, I don't think it's the best use of resources.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I'm not sure I share your optimism of Myers as a guard prospect.  I think he's serviceable, but I'm pleased with him at center.  I don't really see any need to move him off that position.  Plus, I don't think it's the best use of resources.

Linderbaum is like the GOAT center prospect for a ZBS and only has fallen because of a lingering injury. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Linderbaum is like the GOAT center prospect for a ZBS and only has fallen because of a lingering injury. 

Would you just ease off with the rational thinking when it comes to our top picks???????  :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I mean, centers in general don't go high off the board.  I think the highest we've seen pure centers go off the boards is late teens, which is roughly where I'd anticipate him going.

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I mean, centers in general don't go high off the board.  I think the highest we've seen pure centers go off the boards is late teens, which is roughly where I'd anticipate him going.

He's better than those centers. I wouldn't touch a center in round 1, but I'd take him if I ran a ZBS.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I still think part of the Turner cut is that it puts us in a position where we just need Yosh need to hold down RT until Jenkins comes back. Bakh - Runyan - Linderbaum - Myers/Mullet - Jenkins with Yosh/draft picks/and someone like Kelly is probably the best O-line in football. I still would take the tackle on the board that fits us though probably.

My two outsider "Criticisms" are that at this point I just can't see Seattle (or probably anyone) even paying that for Love. Sorry, just how I and quite a few others feel at this point.

And two, I think a lot of draftniks at this point just think Travis Jones isn't going to reach that draft slot. Crazier things have happened, but I believe there's real smoke to the first round hype he's getting. Or at least in that regard somewhere between 33-43. He's got a lot of things to like.

Edit: Good mock though overall. Liked it.

Edited by RTTRUTH