2022 NFL Draft thread: Visits, rumours, trades

Trentwannabe

Figured it wouldn’t hurt to have a specific draft thread going. Some top 30 visits have already started to come out. Please add any I’ve missed!

RB Isaiah Spiller
RB James Cook
RB Breece Hall
TE Isaiah Likely 
TE Trey McBride
TE Jalen Wydermeyer
TE James Mitchell
WR John Metchie
WR Wan’Dale Robinson
OT Nicolas Petit-Frere
OL Sean Ryhan
OL Dylan Parham
LB Chad Muma 
LB Brandon Smith
LB Chris Harris
S Lewis Cine
S Nick Cross
CB Andrew Booth Jr
CB Martin Emerson

6 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Figured it wouldn’t hurt to have a specific draft thread going. Some top 30 visits have already started to come out. Please add any I’ve missed!

RB Isaiah Spiller
TE Isaiah Likely 
OT Nicolas Petit-Frere
S Lewis Cine
S Nick Cross

appreciate the updates as I seem to never be able to find this stuff. I am curious on the visits. Spiller seems intriguing but would prefer Breece or Cook over him but im not hating this invite.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

@soflbillsfan@BillsGuy82

Continuing with your conversation in the other thread regarding trading up. Would either of you be opposed to getting Kyle Hamilton if we available in the 10-15 range?

I think Poyer is gone after this year and Hamilton could play such a hybrid role in year one it could add an element to the D.

If he fell that far for the right price absolutely but I dont see him dropping. It would have to be for pick 7 with giants but again that involves next years 1st and some extra picks. Would we want to give that up for a  safety for this year? Without diving deep in to the draft he is top 5 pick with Hutchinson, Sauce, Hamilton, Neal, and Ekonwu. I know safety isnt a huge position but I cant imagine him falling that far. Would be an interesting situation if he did though

40 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

@soflbillsfan@BillsGuy82

Continuing with your conversation in the other thread regarding trading up. Would either of you be opposed to getting Kyle Hamilton if we available in the 10-15 range?

I think Poyer is gone after this year and Hamilton could play such a hybrid role in year one it could add an element to the D.

I would be so pumped if we could grab Hamilton. I can see a few scenarios where he could fall out of the top 10. Especially if there is a run on QBs and OTs.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Tommy_C said:

I would be so pumped if we could grab Hamilton. I can see a few scenarios where he could fall out of the top 10. Especially if there is a run on QBs and OTs.

This QB draft feels like 2013. Probably not that bad but I wouldn’t be surprised if we only see two go in round 1.

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

If he fell that far for the right price absolutely but I dont see him dropping. It would have to be for pick 7 with giants but again that involves next years 1st and some extra picks. Would we want to give that up for a  safety for this year? Without diving deep in to the draft he is top 5 pick with Hutchinson, Sauce, Hamilton, Neal, and Ekonwu. I know safety isnt a huge position but I cant imagine him falling that far. Would be an interesting situation if he did though

I think Lewis Cine is a sneaky option at the end of round 1 or a trade back option. 

13 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I think Lewis Cine is a sneaky option at the end of round 1 or a trade back option. 

I would definitely want to trade back or trade up in the 2nd for him dont see him worth taking in rd 1. Also you draft a Safety that early its going to cause suspicion and probably poyer will want out. Hes about to be 31 and only 1 year left he will likely look for an out to get one more deal done that will pay him for the next 3-4 years, waiting a year to hit fa may cost him some money. Not sure I would want this just because we are in win now mode and moving a key piece of our defense for a rookie on top of having a hole at CB, will only mean our pass defense will have a lot of growing pains. 

28 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

This QB draft feels like 2013. Probably not that bad but I wouldn’t be surprised if we only see two go in round 1.

QB driven league. I can see a run around 6-10 if Willis, Pickett and Howell come off the board. I can also see a team falling in love with Ridder from Cincy and grabbing him. Def interesting. 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

@soflbillsfan@BillsGuy82

I wouldnt be opposed if we somehow keep our 2023 1st. 

I dont see Hamilton falling out of the top 10, especially with a couple teams having multiple picks. I have him mocked to the Giants 

2 hours ago, Tommy_C said:

QB driven league. I can see a run around 6-10 if Willis, Pickett and Howell come off the board. I can also see a team falling in love with Ridder from Cincy and grabbing him. Def interesting. 

I hope they fly off. But I also wouldn’t be surprised to only see Pickett and Willis go lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I wouldnt be opposed if we somehow keep our 2023 1st. 

I dont see Hamilton falling out of the top 10, especially with a couple teams having multiple picks. I have him mocked to the Giants 

I don’t either at the moment. Just very wishful thinking lol

2 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

I would definitely want to trade back or trade up in the 2nd for him dont see him worth taking in rd 1. Also you draft a Safety that early its going to cause suspicion and probably poyer will want out. Hes about to be 31 and only 1 year left he will likely look for an out to get one more deal done that will pay him for the next 3-4 years, waiting a year to hit fa may cost him some money. Not sure I would want this just because we are in win now mode and moving a key piece of our defense for a rookie on top of having a hole at CB, will only mean our pass defense will have a lot of growing pains. 

I think Poyer is gone after this year regardless. He can still cash out in free agency with another all pro year beside Hyde. I think McDermott will want to get his potential replacement in the locker room sooner than later. Could be Johnson or Hamlin.