2022 NFL Draft thread: Visits, rumours, trades

Trentwannabe

2 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I am a fan of McCreary. The guy is a beast. I am not a huge fan of Elam because he is a poor tackler. If we draft a WR or CB in the first round they would be in the 40-50's at that position in average salary where if we took a RB in the first round he would likely be in the top 15-20 in average annual salary for his position. I really like the depth of this CB class and I think we can find a starting CB from rounds 2-4. With the way McDermott can coach up CB's I think we can wait until rounds 2-4 to find our guy. And with the way Beane has drafted early in the draft over his tenure we will likely pick an OL or DL at 25 and be a little disappointed that they didn't address more glaring needs in our eyes.

McCreary seems to be picking up some steam. He was hot a couple months ago. Must be testing good for teams 

3 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I am a fan of McCreary. The guy is a beast. I am not a huge fan of Elam because he is a poor tackler. If we draft a WR or CB in the first round they would be in the 40-50's at that position in average salary where if we took a RB in the first round he would likely be in the top 15-20 in average annual salary for his position. I really like the depth of this CB class and I think we can find a starting CB from rounds 2-4. With the way McDermott can coach up CB's I think we can wait until rounds 2-4 to find our guy. And with the way Beane has drafted early in the draft over his tenure we will likely pick an OL or DL at 25 and be a little disappointed that they didn't address more glaring needs in our eyes.

I had us draft McCreary in round 2 in the 32 GM mock draft over in the GM Draft thread. I think he’s got enough talent and is a good enough technician to make up for his measurable that may be lacking in some areas. 

I love Elam. He has everything you look for in a CB and word at that combine was he is super intelligent and understand pass concepts well beyond his years. Tackling is something that can be taught, and typically isn’t at the younger levels enough. It’s just a question of whether he’s a willing tackler that I would want answered. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I had us draft McCreary in round 2 in the 32 GM mock draft over in the GM Draft thread. I think he’s got enough talent and is a good enough technician to make up for his measurable that may be lacking in some areas. 

I love Elam. He has everything you look for in a CB and word at that combine was he is super intelligent and understand pass concepts well beyond his years. Tackling is something that can be taught, and typically isn’t at the younger levels enough. It’s just a question of whether he’s a willing tackler that I would want answered. 

Do you think corners can improve their tackling all that much? Tre White is still not a great tackler. If Elam can cover anywhere near as well as Tre does then it likely won't matter much. I really think this team needs a sound tackling CB to pair with Tre. This defense has been near the bottom of the league the past few years in missed tackles. Most of the defenses that are near the bottom are bad defenses. The Bills are an anomaly when it comes to poor tackling and the correlation to being a good defense. The two biggest problems we have as a team is yards after catch on offense and tackling on defense. If we can improve in these areas this team will be unstoppable.

16 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Right now this team is pretty much set and we are nit picking on what works best and I know everyone has their own opinion and views on players which is half the fun when it comes to posting on here getting other view points. I simply have the idea of going RB like a Breece Hall at 25 or trade back a bit to get him or heck even trading up at 57 to get him even with the money of being 15-20 its still an upgrade to what we have at the position. Singletary has grown on me some but at the end of the day he just isnt going to be that guy who can break one to the house for 60 yards due to lack of speed. Also he is becoming a free agent after the year is up so now its either you pay him to stay on or pay someone to come in next offseason which will cost a few bucks. So drafting Hall would be an upgrade to this team, is it top need absolutely not but it stills a hole that can contribute day 1. 

As for OL im all for it, I like green and zion and I like Jordan Davis on DL but I just have that feeling those guys sooner then the pick and hopefully I am wrong and someone does drop to give Beane the opportunity to take him. This year I dont plan on being disappointed, unless beane goes qb. Cant knock on what has been done thus far and this team as ready to go. I do say Punter is a must I know Ariaza is the hot player but at this point ill take anyone in the draft and act as if we landed the top wr in the draft

7 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Right now this team is pretty much set and we are nit picking on what works best and I know everyone has their own opinion and views on players which is half the fun when it comes to posting on here getting other view points. I simply have the idea of going RB like a Breece Hall at 25 or trade back a bit to get him or heck even trading up at 57 to get him even with the money of being 15-20 its still an upgrade to what we have at the position. Singletary has grown on me some but at the end of the day he just isnt going to be that guy who can break one to the house for 60 yards due to lack of speed. Also he is becoming a free agent after the year is up so now its either you pay him to stay on or pay someone to come in next offseason which will cost a few bucks. So drafting Hall would be an upgrade to this team, is it top need absolutely not but it stills a hole that can contribute day 1. 

As for OL im all for it, I like green and zion and I like Jordan Davis on DL but I just have that feeling those guys sooner then the pick and hopefully I am wrong and someone does drop to give Beane the opportunity to take him. This year I dont plan on being disappointed, unless beane goes qb. Cant knock on what has been done thus far and this team as ready to go. I do say Punter is a must I know Ariaza is the hot player but at this point ill take anyone in the draft and act as if we landed the top wr in the draft

I'm cool with Breece Hall. I just think it's a reach at 25.

This could all change if we sign a CB soon but I'd rank our needs 

CB, LB, OL, WR, RB, S 

12 hours ago, Billsfaninptown said:

Do you think corners can improve their tackling all that much? Tre White is still not a great tackler. If Elam can cover anywhere near as well as Tre does then it likely won't matter much. I really think this team needs a sound tackling CB to pair with Tre. This defense has been near the bottom of the league the past few years in missed tackles. Most of the defenses that are near the bottom are bad defenses. The Bills are an anomaly when it comes to poor tackling and the correlation to being a good defense. The two biggest problems we have as a team is yards after catch on offense and tackling on defense. If we can improve in these areas this team will be unstoppable.

It’s probably a coaching issue with us to be honest. Poyer and Hyde for as a good as they are have had their fair share of miss tackles or dives in key moments. 

That’s one of the reasons I want a new MLB who can be the hammer and set the tone for the defense. Feels like we’ve missed that since Fletcher left.

2 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

It’s probably a coaching issue with us to be honest. Poyer and Hyde for as a good as they are have had their fair share of miss tackles or dives in key moments. 

That’s one of the reasons I want a new MLB who can be the hammer and set the tone for the defense. Feels like we’ve missed that since Fletcher left.

Leo Chenal would be that hammer, hes a throwback MLB who could thrive with Milano beside him in coverage 

Edited by BillsGuy82

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

Edmunds getting a lot of grief as being a liability but I watched a video from Cover 1 a couple of weeks ago and I have to say its the coaching more so then Edmunds himself. He is put in these difficult spots in pass plays in which his success is giving up on the lesser play. It looks like he is getting beat but in actuality he is allowing the lesser threat to get the ball. Google Tremaine edmunds cover 1 on youtube its pretty long but I found it interesting and kind of let up on Edmunds being a liability and more so an intricate piece in which his physical traits is why the bills were ranked 1st last year. Not to mention he only had a 5.9% missed tackle last year where Milano was over 10%. Its interesting cause they compared him to other LBs in the draft class as well as some other top LBs in the league. I am not in love with paying edmunds however I think moving him for this year to replace him with someone new would be a mistake and a liability. If you ever get a minute in which you can put it in the background I highly recommend listening to those guys break it down it is very interesting and informative on how his position works for McDermotts defense and he is more criticized then he should be. 

22 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Edmunds getting a lot of grief as being a liability but I watched a video from Cover 1 a couple of weeks ago and I have to say its the coaching more so then Edmunds himself. He is put in these difficult spots in pass plays in which his success is giving up on the lesser play. It looks like he is getting beat but in actuality he is allowing the lesser threat to get the ball. Google Tremaine edmunds cover 1 on youtube its pretty long but I found it interesting and kind of let up on Edmunds being a liability and more so an intricate piece in which his physical traits is why the bills were ranked 1st last year. Not to mention he only had a 5.9% missed tackle last year where Milano was over 10%. Its interesting cause they compared him to other LBs in the draft class as well as some other top LBs in the league. I am not in love with paying edmunds however I think moving him for this year to replace him with someone new would be a mistake and a liability. If you ever get a minute in which you can put it in the background I highly recommend listening to those guys break it down it is very interesting and informative on how his position works for McDermotts defense and he is more criticized then he should be. 

I had seen they put out something on him. My only issue with cover 1 is they are homers to “their guys” and will always defend them no matter what. 

I will definitely give it a watch though. For me, it’s the money Edmunds is likely seeking that has me wanting to go another direction.

38 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I had seen they put out something on him. My only issue with cover 1 is they are homers to “their guys” and will always defend them no matter what. 

I will definitely give it a watch though. For me, it’s the money Edmunds is likely seeking that has me wanting to go another direction.

Im right with you, money is the top issue and there are so many people looking to get extensions whether it is 2023 offseason or 2024. So I get the reason to move on from him and I pondered the idea of moving him this year for a late 1st or early 2nd rd pick but I am not sure I would want to do that. Ideally this is our year and it actually happens, then it will allow the bills to kind of clear up some spots and go in a different direction in a sense of accepting the idea that Poyer and Edmunds arent in long term plans and that they need to focus on the core guys and replace those looking to get paid. 

On a different note we have seen 11 of the 30 visits thus far and kind of surprised that its not a CB. I know we have plenty more and they met with guys at combine and pro day but having some of these mid rd guys come in for a visit is frustrating for a fan. Especially for someone like me who always wants to know whats going on with them. Im interested to see who the next 19 are. 

31 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

n a different note we have seen 11 of the 30 visits thus far and kind of surprised that its not a CB. I know we have plenty more and they met with guys at combine and pro day but having some of these mid rd guys come in for a visit is frustrating for a fan. Especially for someone like me who always wants to know whats going on with them. Im interested to see who the next 19 are. 

I doubt we’ll ever know the full 30. It’s hard to say who of the 30 they’re actually interested in. Sometimes they want more medical info (Booth most likely), other times they’re throwing teams off the scent, and sometimes just gathering that info incase they’re a free agent down the line. 

IIRC we met with a lot of the big name CB at the combine