2022 NFL Draft thread: Visits, rumours, trades

Trentwannabe

I was the GM for the forum wide 7 round mock draft. I originally traded up to 11 as a move to hopefully get to 7 and grab Sauce. The original Giants GM couldn’t continue and the new GM didn’t do the trade.

Buffalo Bills final haul:

Round 1: WR Garret Wilson
Round 2: CB Roger McCreary
Round 3: RB Isaiah Spiller
Round 4: Traded as well as pick 25 and LB Tremaine Edmunds for 11th overall (Wilson)
Round 5: OG Thayer Munford
Round 6: LB Jack Sanborn
Round 6: TE James Mitchell 
Round 7: P Jordan Stout 

2 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I was the GM for the forum wide 7 round mock draft. I originally traded up to 11 as a move to hopefully get to 7 and grab Sauce. The original Giants GM couldn’t continue and the new GM didn’t do the trade.

Round 4: Traded as well as pick 25 and LB Tremaine Edmunds for 11th overall (Wilson)

We opened a big hole in the Edmunds trade. Losing Klein and Edmunds for Sanborn is tough. 

I do like the top 3 picks.. Diggs, Davis, Wilson, Crowder, McKenzie, Knox and Howard is nuts. McCreary is big value in the 2nd. 

Edited by BillsGuy82

25 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

We opened a big hole in the Edmunds trade. Losing Klein and Edmunds for Sanborn is tough. 

I do like the top 3 picks.. Diggs, Davis, Wilson, Crowder, McKenzie, Knox and Howard is nuts. McCreary is big value in the 2nd. 

I know I’m in the minority but I think Dodson could step in and give us really good production at MLB and the drop off wouldn’t be glaring. Especially with a much improved DL.

The original plan was to get sauce and then Muma or Troy Anderson in the second, but when I didn’t get the CB in round one I felt I had to in round two.

3 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I like this draft. My only knock that I wish you would have addressed LB in rounds 2-4. Overall though I like it.

38 minutes ago, Billsfaninptown said:

I like this draft. My only knock that I wish you would have addressed LB in rounds 2-4. Overall though I like it.

Thanks! I do wish I could have addressed it earlier too. In hindsight I could have kept Edmunds and taken Olave at 25. But like I had said, I was being aggressive for Sauce lol 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

I know I’m in the minority but I think Dodson could step in and give us really good production at MLB and the drop off wouldn’t be glaring. Especially with a much improved DL.

The original plan was to get sauce and then Muma or Troy Anderson in the second, but when I didn’t get the CB in round one I felt I had to in round two.

Troy Andersen worries me a bit. Sitting for year or playing the "Klein role" could serve him well but I'm worried about the lack of quality schemes and Offense hes played.

1 minute ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Troy Andersen worries me a bit. Sitting for year or playing the "Klein role" could serve him well but I'm worried about the lack of quality schemes and Offense hes played.

A redshirt year for him would be great. Or even a similar role to what Milano did his rookie year behind Humber.

Joe B did a great piece today about the CB position. But it also touched on how McDermott uses rookies. Only Edmunds, White and Zay Jones during his era have started right away and taken a majority of the snaps. Everyone else has been sprinkled in before being thrown in to the fire. 

Bills wrapped up the 30 visits, some local media members have 17 which are all on your list. Wan'dale was a meeting but was not a visit so they must have met at the combine. Whether beane fully used the 30 or not is an interesting question as this lits only shows a couple of potential picks at 25 but nothing of locks with Hall and Booth likely the top 2 mentioned on this list as potential 1st rd picks. Will be interesting come a week from today.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Bills wrapped up the 30 visits, some local media members have 17 which are all on your list. Wan'dale was a meeting but was not a visit so they must have met at the combine. Whether beane fully used the 30 or not is an interesting question as this lits only shows a couple of potential picks at 25 but nothing of locks with Hall and Booth likely the top 2 mentioned on this list as potential 1st rd picks. Will be interesting come a week from today.

I just did my final mock, 3 rounds and had Sauce, Stingley, McDuffie and Booth gone by 25.