Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

Ok heres my stance 

if were to get the number 1 pick which I don’t think we will. I think we’re gonna finish the season strong

but if we were to 

I can understand drafting a QB at one to at least put the most valuable pick at the most valuable position 

but for those who say Kizers never going to amount to anything based on what we’ve seen and the team around him I think that’s some BS. I believe in him and would rather add Saquon Barkley who would be our Zeke. Who has shown can totally transform a team as you see how they’re playing without him. 

But if we did draft a QB I could accept it. 

But if so give me Darnold. Rosen overrated 

6 hours ago, Kathouse Sticks said:

Because that is what he is. His past is a great predictor of the future. He has been inaccurate every step of the way. It's his nature. Don't get me wrong. Great kid. Great physical talent. And as a Browns fan, I would love for him to succeed. But his inaccuracy and penchant for horrible plays/decisions at the most inopportune times  are too much to overcome. Just go back and watch the Jets game for examples. 

His past is a great predictor? He's 21 years old for crying out loud and the third youngest QB to ever start the season for a NFL team....third youngest ever!  Take a look at Terry Bradshaw's and Troy Aikman's stats in their rookie seasons. Horrible stats and they were on horrible teams that had hit rock bottom just like Kizer and the Browns. Their rookie numbers (and second season numbers) certainly weren't predictors of their multiple Super Bowl rings.

26 minutes ago, buno67 said:

nope that the Browns need to trade up after drafting a QB #1 overall for Barkley

We still have holes, several of which we should be able to fill with our draft picks.

My first thought was: I wouldn't be averse to this so long as we didn't have to give up too much.

My second thought was: Yes I would be since I believe that we still have holes, several of which we should be able to fill with our draft picks and that we can strengthen the RB position with a later round pick.

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

We still have holes, several of which we should be able to fill with our draft picks.

My first thought was: I wouldn't be averse to this so long as we didn't have to give up too much.

My second thought was: Yes I would be since I believe that we still have holes, several of which we should be able to fill with our draft picks and that we can strengthen the RB position with a later round pick.

true but the comment was made because of the Zeke effect...

You look at the cowboys, they have great weapons with a pretty good young QB but the offense has just fallen apart since Zeke was removed from their offense. You than look at the Rams. They have one of the best backs in the league, they have rode him to a top10 rushing attack so far, which allowed their 2nd year QB and a misfit group of WRs who have found a home (Top3 WRs was a FA signing, 3rd rd pick, and a trade), and with the 25th most passing attempts in the league, they are a top10 passing attack. which adds up to the 2nd best offense in the league. Gurley had a down year last year and the offense really struggled. McVay has opened him up and is using Gurley like the steelers use Bell and it has evolved his game. 

To me if the Browns had a more experience QB, I wouldnt mind the idea of trying to find a RB in the later rounds. With the Browns landing the top QB. I would love to go out and land a back like Barkley. He has the ability to be a gurley/Bell type back. 

To me the #1 Back in Barkley is a lot better playmaker than the #1 WR Calvin Ridley/ Courtland Sutton, so I would be willing to pay up for him. 

18 hours ago, buno67 said:

true but the comment was made because of the Zeke effect...

You look at the cowboys, they have great weapons with a pretty good young QB but the offense has just fallen apart since Zeke was removed from their offense. You than look at the Rams. They have one of the best backs in the league, they have rode him to a top10 rushing attack so far, which allowed their 2nd year QB and a misfit group of WRs who have found a home (Top3 WRs was a FA signing, 3rd rd pick, and a trade), and with the 25th most passing attempts in the league, they are a top10 passing attack. which adds up to the 2nd best offense in the league. Gurley had a down year last year and the offense really struggled. McVay has opened him up and is using Gurley like the steelers use Bell and it has evolved his game. 

To me if the Browns had a more experience QB, I wouldnt mind the idea of trying to find a RB in the later rounds. With the Browns landing the top QB. I would love to go out and land a back like Barkley. He has the ability to be a gurley/Bell type back. 

To me the #1 Back in Barkley is a lot better playmaker than the #1 WR Calvin Ridley/ Courtland Sutton, so I would be willing to pay up for him. 

I agree with the Zeke effect, but, both the scenarios you mentioned above are due to coaching.

Zeke is that offense, Dak is overrated IMO and robbed Zeke of the ROTY as all he was asked to do was hand the ball to Zeke and play action when they stacked the box, which was easy with last year's OLINE. The past 3 games without Zeke, Dak has looked below average and can't get the ball to Dez, I believe someone mentioned that Dez has actually had to break up at least 8 passes that would have been INTs. Dak could still turn it around, but, as of now, he does not fit the part of carrying a team, the Cowboys are Zeke's team. Still this is more on the coaching I believe as that offense as a whole looks lost without Zeke drawing so much attention and they do not know how to adjust.

McVay is an offensive genius and is actually treating his young offense, like a young offense. Early in the season, they established a run and had Goff throwing it 30 or so times, allowing him to get comfortable within the offense. Goff seems a lot more comfortable than last year and he looks entirely different then when he was being coached by Fisher. We did the exact opposite, we had the youngest QB starting and decided to treat him like he has been in the offense for a few years,; we also kept throwing it to Britt no matter how times the dropped the ball, aren't really utilizing our TEs, and only using Duke sparingly.

I am all for either drafting a QB or Barkley (or both), but, without a proper coach that can coach the young players, I don't see it mattering really.

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Give me Barkley I’ve been saying that since the offseason 

he would totally change our offense

like I said I believe adding Barkley and a Free Safety like Minkah would do more for our team than drafting a QB. 

Of course you'd think that. :P

Sorry bro, unless Kizer drastically improves and plays well the rest of the season, or we somehow can pull off a miracle and sign Cousins, then we have to go for a QB in the first round. I'd love for Kizer to play really well the rest of the way so we could use those firsts on other positions, but I don't see it happening. He just makes too many boneheaded plays and never learns from his mistakes. Plus he is horribly inaccurate far too often. I know he has physical talent and can make some really impressive throws here and there, but his bad plays happen far more frequently than his good plays.

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

Give me Barkley I’ve been saying that since the offseason 

he would totally change our offense

like I said I believe adding Barkley and a Free Safety like Minkah would do more for our team than drafting a QB. 

Shhhhh.

You will jinx them.

2 hours ago, Onizuka said:

I agree with the Zeke effect, but, both the scenarios you mentioned above are due to coaching.

Zeke is that offense, Dak is overrated IMO and robbed Zeke of the ROTY as all he was asked to do was hand the ball to Zeke and play action when they stacked the box, which was easy with last year's OLINE. The past 3 games without Zeke, Dak has looked below average and can't get the ball to Dez, I believe someone mentioned that Dez has actually had to break up at least 8 passes that would have been INTs. Dak could still turn it around, but, as of now, he does not fit the part of carrying a team, the Cowboys are Zeke's team. Still this is more on the coaching I believe as that offense as a whole looks lost without Zeke drawing so much attention and they do not know how to adjust.

McVay is an offensive genius and is actually treating his young offense, like a young offense. Early in the season, they established a run and had Goff throwing it 30 or so times, allowing him to get comfortable within the offense. Goff seems a lot more comfortable than last year and he looks entirely different then when he was being coached by Fisher. We did the exact opposite, we had the youngest QB starting and decided to treat him like he has been in the offense for a few years,; we also kept throwing it to Britt no matter how times the dropped the ball, aren't really utilizing our TEs, and only using Duke sparingly.

I am all for either drafting a QB or Barkley (or both), but, without a proper coach that can coach the young players, I don't see it mattering really.

Oh I agree. You give Hue an ultimatum, you hire an OC or you will be fired.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Oh I agree. You give Hue an ultimatum, you hire an OC or you will be fired.

I think it is more than that.

I think Hue's system -- if he even has one -- is a big part of the problem.

I also think his coaches are meh, at best.

Archived