Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

To be fair he played against the 32nd ranked defense and had a 50.1 rating. He also played against the 27th ranked defense and had a 38.1 rating. So while there are a lot of excuses that could be made for Kizer he has fared the same against the best and worst defenses.

Browns have the most consistent QB in he league. 

Hue at least came out and said that he was going to let Kizer "See the rest of this thing out" meaning the rest of the season without benching him to see what he's got going into 2018. That's a plus at least.

Kessler and Hogan won't be on the roster next year.

They need to draft their QBOTF with the #1 pick, bring in a veteran QB presence for the room, unless that veteran is the Cousins pipedream that won't happen, then you obviously don't draft a QB #1 overall, and then keep Kizer as your 3rd string guy and see if he develops.

52 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Hue at least came out and said that he was going to let Kizer "See the rest of this thing out" meaning the rest of the season without benching him to see what he's got going into 2018. That's a plus at least.

They need to draft their QBOTF with the #1 pick, bring in a veteran QB presence for the room, unless that veteran is the Cousins pipedream that won't happen, then you obviously don't draft a QB #1 overall, and then keep Kizer as your 3rd string guy and see if he develops.

Agree 100%.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I've said the very same thing. Now as for the vet QB, who would you want besides Cousins? We'll need someone with similar attributes as Rosen/Darnold. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

There are no vet QBs its a pipe dream

Bringing in AJ is your best shot

But I definitely believe Kizer will prove himself the last 5 games

This week is going to be a bad one I'm saying it now for sure 

Don't get your hopes up this Cinci defense is playoff caliber as well 

35 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

I've said the very same thing. Now as for the vet QB, who would you want besides Cousins? We'll need someone with similar attributes as Rosen/Darnold. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Mike Glennon after he gets cut...

Josh McCown would have been nice to keep this year...

Sam Bradford/Teddy Bridgewater if they pass a physical...

Maybe even Tyrod Taylor

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

There are no vet QBs its a pipe dream

Bringing in AJ is your best shot

This week is going to be a bad one I'm saying it now for sure 

Don't get your hopes up this Cinci defense is playoff caliber as well 

I don't think many folks are in danger of their hopes being too high lol.

I highly doubt it was Hue's call to stick with Kizer the rest of the year. I don't see what Kizer has done recently to change Hue Jackson's history of benching QBs for turnovers and other non sense. Kizer committed 4 turnovers and another non turnover which was actually an even worse throw than any of the turnovers. The Hue Jackson we have come to know over the last 2 years would have benched him. The decision came down from Jimmy Haslam. He said "Huey buddy the way I see it If you want any chance at all of returning as the head coach then you will pick a QB and stick with him" "If you keep playing the QB yo-yo game there will be ZERO chance regardless of wins to close the year"

1 hour ago, Dogbite said:

I highly doubt it was Hue's call to stick with Kizer the rest of the year. I don't see what Kizer has done recently to change Hue Jackson's history of benching QBs for turnovers and other non sense. Kizer committed 4 turnovers and another non turnover which was actually an even worse throw than any of the turnovers. The Hue Jackson we have come to know over the last 2 years would have benched him. The decision came down from Jimmy Haslam. He said "Huey buddy the way I see it If you want any chance at all of returning as the head coach then you will pick a QB and stick with him" "If you keep playing the QB yo-yo game there will be ZERO chance regardless of wins to close the year"

I don't think there's any reason to put Kessler or Hogan in the game personally.

Just roll with Kizer and see if he can improve.

Maybe that experience pays dividends next season.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Prove what?

6 hours ago, MWil23 said:

The only way that's a plus is if you want to secure the #1 overall pick.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't think there's any reason to put Kessler or Hogan in the game personally.

Just roll with Kizer and see if he can improve.

Maybe that experience pays dividends next season.

I agree with that 100%

I am only saying that it has not ever been Hue's MO to stick with a guy who is struggling. I just believe that it came down from up above Hue, but yeah, I do agree with it.

Hue isn't starting Kessler long term no matter how he would play so he shouldn't start. Hogan on the other hand could play at a level that Hue could roll with so it wouldn't be crazy to take another look at him. If he throws one TD pass in his next 207 pass attempts he would match Kizer's total.

2 hours ago, Dogbite said:

I agree with that 100%

I am only saying that it has not ever been Hue's MO to stick with a guy who is struggling. I just believe that it came down from up above Hue, but yeah, I do agree with it.

Idk, I think Hue has taken a look at his other options and was none to impressed their either.

At this point it doesn't really matter IMO, they'll have a new guy there next year.....again.

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hue isn't starting Kessler long term no matter how he would play so he shouldn't start. Hogan on the other hand could play at a level that Hue could roll with so it wouldn't be crazy to take another look at him. If he throws one TD pass in his next 207 pass attempts he would match Kizer's total.

Would you start Hogan over Kizer?

Archived