Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

10 minutes ago, buno67 said:

To me I saw a lot of great things out of Kizer. Was it a one game wonder or is he growing and developing.

One thing that I saw that was different from other games that he was throwing with great anticipation. I want to say on the Britt TD pass, Kizer already started to throw him the ball before he finished his route. Allowed Britt time to make a play to get the YAC TD. Same thing with Louis but even better, Kizer had the ball in the air before the route was even finished. Baffled that the Browns didnt run more PA passes. His decision making was a lot better. It seemed like he played with alot more confidence. 

Well the more practice he gets with his receivers the more they get on the same page. He showed vast improvement and seemed more confident. If he improves I'd still draft a Q.B. but probably in the 2nd round.

12 hours ago, cattleman78 said:

Well the more practice he gets with his receivers the more they get on the same page. He showed vast improvement and seemed more confident. If he improves I'd still draft a Q.B. but probably in the 2nd round.

It’s eithet draft QB #1 or #2 or don’t draft one at all

The sad part is the question about Kizer mostly won't be contingent on how much he improves here out, it'll be if there is a new FO/coaching staff, because if there is he certainly won't be our guy.  And a lot of our "guys" no matter how young won't be our "guys" anymore.  Totally new system means new players, you don't change what you have now without deleting much of what was built before.  We see it every 2 years.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

This is where I'm at too.

I want either Kizer or the best available qb prospect (unless Cousins gets blackout drunk and decides he wants to tank his career).

I think it depends on what underclassmen declare but damn this could be a draft they take an empty cupboard of offensive weapons and potentially load it up with young promising talent. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

I think it depends on what underclassmen declare but damn this could be a draft they take an empty cupboard of offensive weapons and potentially load it up with young promising talent. 

If I'm being honest I'm not sure I'm loving this upcoming draft that much, at least not yet.

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't know how many more regime changes I have left in me....

Truckstop Jimmy is just about due for another one. It'll be a miracle if he somehow controls his trigger finger and lets someone see a plan through.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

It would be terrible for his development to change staff.  Yeah I'm tired I don't care if Hue sucks I just want them to stick to somebody.

Hue has tried to ruin this kid more that Brian Kelly, and that is saying something. Rushed him into starting, gave him too much to handle, called 40+ passes per game, pulled him twice in 3 point games despite saying he's sticking with him, benched him for a inferior player, tried to force a trade for an inferior talent, and that's just some of the stuff we get to see. 

A change of staff would do him wonders.

56 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Hue has tried to ruin this kid more that Brian Kelly, and that is saying something. Rushed him into starting, gave him too much to handle, called 40+ passes per game, pulled him twice in 3 point games despite saying he's sticking with him, benched him for a inferior player, tried to force a trade for an inferior talent, and that's just some of the stuff we get to see. 

It doesn't look good when it's all on a screen in sequence like that, no doubt.

Hard to defend thus far, although I've tried, but hopefully Hue gives a better showing the second half of the season.

6 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

You're freaking crazy to believe that.  A change of staff would be the worst possible thing for Kizer.  With 2 high draft picks that means he'll be kicked to the curb for somebody else.  Best case scenario he has to start from ground zero and learn another offense.  Making reads seems to be a struggle for him, something he's gotten better at the last few weeks.  Kiss that goodbye with a new coach. 

9 hours ago, ditchdigger said:

I made this point earlier in the season.

Hue didn't seem to understand that trying to make Kizer a hero was sinking both of them.

No use for Hue.

Wish there were a way to keep Williams and deep six Hue and most of the O staff.

2 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

You're freaking crazy to believe that.  A change of staff would be the worst possible thing for Kizer.  With 2 high draft picks that means he'll be kicked to the curb for somebody else.  Best case scenario he has to start from ground zero and learn another offense.  Making reads seems to be a struggle for him, something he's gotten better at the last few weeks.  Kiss that goodbye with a new coach. 

Disagree strongly.

Jackson is not HC material.

Personally, I don't think much of him as an OC, either.

Football is football. If he can't make reads in Jackson's O, he still won't be able to in someone else's but it won't be because of a changing of the guard.

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Disagree strongly.

Jackson is not HC material.

Personally, I don't think much of him as an OC, either.

Football is football. If he can't make reads in Jackson's O, he still won't be able to in someone else's but it won't be because of a changing of the guard.

That's not disagreeing with me that's a different point.

Archived