Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

Of course, every team we play has zero emotion for the game and has already marked down a win before the game even starts. Kizer is not looking at defenses that are fired up to stop him, he is looking at defenses that are just going through the motions of playing, so they can go home an enjoy life. If he ever had to face a real defense fired up to stop him, he would sets NFL records for total incompetence as a starting NFL QB.

If he cannot win playing against these pitiful attempts to stop him, he will never scare anybody when teams take us seriously.

As for comparing his career to Peyton's, Eli's, or any other top 5 picked QB, it's a joke folks. He is a 2nd round pick found wanting by 31 other teams that could have drafted him. QB's drafted in round 2 are filled with either physical flaws or weak intangibles, lack of leadership, lack of mental toughness, weak pocket presence etc. etc,. These are the reasons why QB's fall to round 2 and they rarely go away.

The 3 QB's everybody quotes as later round successes had legitimate reasons for their falls on draft day. For Wilson and Brees, it was their height alone that dropped them. Carr dropped because teams were scared they were getting another version of his brother and Rodgers fell because his mechanics were terrible as taught by his HC, who had sent numerous high picked QB's to the NFL and everyone of them flopped before Rodgers, who had 2 years on the bench to correct these flaws.

Kizer has none of these excuses and he is what he is, a seriously flawed QB who will never amount to anything.

1 hour ago, dawgdish said:

If Kizer plays more games at this level from here on out, it's going to make the decision very interesting on draft day. He looked like the real deal out there.

True. He did play pretty well yesterday even if he didn't put up great numbers or anything. But let's hope he can continue to improve so that it makes it an interesting decision come draft time, instead of an easy decision to draft a QB. I am definitely excited to see Coleman back in the lineup to give Kizer a legitimate weapon, and maybe even Gordon...

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I was thinking the same thing.

I'll be honest, I don't think it will make our decision interesting.

I think you NEED to take the QB, but you let Kizer play it out, and if he continues next season what hes starting now, you Darnold or Rosen back him up, then trade them for a lot.

We need the insurance policy at QB though, if Darnold and Rosen are there, even if he is playing well...

Just my opinion anyway...

4 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

I think you NEED to take the QB, but you let Kizer play it out, and if he continues next season what hes starting now, you Darnold or Rosen back him up, then trade them for a lot.

We need the insurance policy at QB though, if Darnold and Rosen are there, even if he is playing well...

Trade them for a lot? No one is going to want a QB tainted by the Browns lol

6 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

Of course, every team we play has zero emotion for the game and has already marked down a win before the game even starts. Kizer is not looking at defenses that are fired up to stop him, he is looking at defenses that are just going through the motions of playing, so they can go home an enjoy life. If he ever had to face a real defense fired up to stop him, he would sets NFL records for total incompetence as a starting NFL QB.

If he cannot win playing against these pitiful attempts to stop him, he will never scare anybody when teams take us seriously.

As for comparing his career to Peyton's, Eli's, or any other top 5 picked QB, it's a joke folks. He is a 2nd round pick found wanting by 31 other teams that could have drafted him. QB's drafted in round 2 are filled with either physical flaws or weak intangibles, lack of leadership, lack of mental toughness, weak pocket presence etc. etc,. These are the reasons why QB's fall to round 2 and they rarely go away.

The 3 QB's everybody quotes as later round successes had legitimate reasons for their falls on draft day. For Wilson and Brees, it was their height alone that dropped them. Carr dropped because teams were scared they were getting another version of his brother and Rodgers fell because his mechanics were terrible as taught by his HC, who had sent numerous high picked QB's to the NFL and everyone of them flopped before Rodgers, who had 2 years on the bench to correct these flaws.

Kizer has none of these excuses and he is what he is, a seriously flawed QB who will never amount to anything.

Not doubting Kizer isn't the next coming of Montana but saying professional players are not jacked up to face him is another thing all together. These men are pros. They take the game seriously. If not we would have won a game by now. The defenses so far have come in fired up to play us. It's not playoff fired up but they know their opponent will come in fired up to win. The browns are hungry for a win and no team in the league wants to be our win of the season. They might let off when the game gets out of hand but there is no quit in a pro defense. Their coaches would not allow it. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

4 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

It would depend on who was there tbh.

I wouldn't pass on Darnold for any reason, but I might pass on Rosen or Jackson, etc.

That said, if Kizer plays like he did yesterday the last 7 games we may not be in a position to take our pick of QB's either.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It would depend on who was there tbh.

I wouldn't pass on Darnold for any reason, but I might pass on Rosen or Jackson, etc.

That said, if Kizer plays like he did yesterday the last 7 games we may not be in a position to take our pick of QB's either.

That's a good point!

I was super impressed with his throws, the decision making clearly is not 100% yet (wtf on the audible), but 21 years old, that will come the slowest and the most with the experience.

Much happier with the throws in general though...

(that being said can we keep the corner throws to the endzone please, the only time he did was when it was to the defender...)

16 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

That's a good point!

I was super impressed with his throws, the decision making clearly is not 100% yet (wtf on the audible), but 21 years old, that will come the slowest and the most with the experience.

Much happier with the throws in general though...

(that being said can we keep the corner throws to the endzone please, the only time he did was when it was to the defender...)

Rookies make rookie mistakes, just something you have to live with.

That endzone throw was another bit of inexperienc, he should have thrown back shoulder with the defender playing over the top.

Here's the thing with the audible. I think it works if he doesn't trip/slip. There was a hole over RG/RT that he was heading into that was big enough to take a truck through. So, I'm against it in principle because it doesn't allow a 2nd play, but I definitely get why he wanted to do it.

Has showed enough improvement on this  season and hope he continues to improve next year.

But I would not avoid drafting one if both pan out you draft a super bowl with the bounty.

To me I saw a lot of great things out of Kizer. Was it a one game wonder or is he growing and developing.

One thing that I saw that was different from other games that he was throwing with great anticipation. I want to say on the Britt TD pass, Kizer already started to throw him the ball before he finished his route. Allowed Britt time to make a play to get the YAC TD. Same thing with Louis but even better, Kizer had the ball in the air before the route was even finished. Baffled that the Browns didnt run more PA passes. His decision making was a lot better. It seemed like he played with alot more confidence. 

Archived