Raiders extend QB Derek Carr 3 years 121.5 Million

agarcia34

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He has a single 1,000+ yard season in 3 years, lol.

There arent 25 WRs who have had 1000+ yards mult times in the past 3 seasons.
So statistically, someone YOU decide to rate in the top 25 at WR would be what you just posted, Id imagine

Edited by BackinBlack

1 minute ago, BackinBlack said:

There arent 25 WRs who have had 1000+ yards in 3 seasons. Probably not even 2. 
So statistically, someone YOU decide to rate in the top 25 at WR would be what you just posted, Id imagine

Since Renfrow was drafted he has less yards than Marvin Jones, Jarvis Landry, and Robert Woods.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah but he's on an upward trajectory and his catch rate is insane. Not saying we give him a **** ton but he deserves to get paid.

I don't think he's an upward trajectory, he had 100+ targets because we lost Ruggs and Waller was hurt for a good portion of the year. If Adams/Waller stay healthy he'll probably produce at the same rate he did his first two seasons.

Just now, NYRaider said:

Since Renfrow was drafted he has less yards than Marvin Jones, Jarvis Landry, and Robert Woods.

Yes but I dont only judge WRs on yards. What would you prefer? 
Player A: 2 Targets 2 Catches, 15 yards, both on 3rd down and good for the first.
Player B: 2 Targets, 1 drop on crucial 3rd down, 1 catch on first down for 18 yards at end of game thats been decided

If you only care about yards, as you seem to framing things, youd take player B?

If you would take player A, then you are agreeing Yards are not the only thing that matter

Just now, BackinBlack said:

Player A: 2 Targets 2 Catches, 15 yards, both on 3rd down and good for the first.
Player B: 2 Targets, 1 drop on crucial 3rd down, 1 catch on first down for 18 yards at end of game thats been decided

If you only care about yards, as you seem to framing things, youd take player B?

If you would take player A, then you are agreeing Yards are not the only thing that matter

I like Renfrow but I just don't think that he's a top 25 WR or should get some crazy contract. Tyler Boyd plays the same role for a better team and has been more productive, should get what he got.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Renfrow but I just don't think that he's a top 25 WR or should get some crazy contract. Tyler Boyd plays the same role for a better team and has been more productive, should get what he got.

Ok agreed and I thinkt he will get something similar to Tyler Boyd who by the way was/ will be:
2019: 37th highest paid
2020: 29th highest paid
2021: 14th highest paid WR
2022: 16th Highest paid

On average from his last contract, was the 24th paid WR in the league. 

So giving Renfrow a top 25 contract isnt so far fetched. . . would be great if it was similar where if he keeps proving it he makes more later on

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Now I am not saying Renfrow should get what Kirk got but you have to remember when Boyd signed his contract relative to Renfrow.  Also you can easily make an argument that Renfrow is better and did it under more difficult circumstances.  his yards per attempt is a little lower than Boyd's but much of that could be from the routes themselves. There is just over 1 yard difference in air yards but only a .7 difference when you calculate yards per attempt which is a better measure since Renfrow has an 80% catch rate and Boyd has 71%.  Then if you compare that Renfrow had 9 TDs and 51 1st down catches compared to Boyd's 5 TDs and 37 1st down catches that at least makes Renfrow a better player statistically last year.  Considering this I would say he get $13-16 range if he gets close to his numbers next year and we might sign him for $12 if we commit early.  We might have been able to sign him for $10 if we were willing to make a commitment to him right away this off-season.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Now I am not saying Renfrow should get what Kirk got but you have to remember when Boyd signed his contract relative to Renfrow.  Also you can easily make an argument that Renfrow is better and did it under more difficult circumstances.  his yards per attempt is a little lower than Boyd's but much of that could be from the routes themselves. There is just over 1 yard difference in air yards but only a .7 difference when you calculate yards per attempt which is a better measure since Renfrow has an 80% catch rate and Boyd has 71%.  Then if you compare that Renfrow had 9 TDs and 51 1st down catches compared to Boyd's 5 TDs and 37 1st down catches that at least makes Renfrow a better player statistically last year.  Considering this I would say he get $13-16 range if he gets close to his numbers next year and we might sign him for $12 if we commit early.  We might have been able to sign him for $10 if we were willing to make a commitment to him right away this off-season.

Boyd's usage went down last year because of Higgins/Chase, he had consecutive 1,000 yard WR's when he received his contract. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Boyd's usage went down last year because of Higgins/Chase, he had consecutive 1,000 yard WR's when he received his contract. 

1. do you think he got worse as a player or just got less targets?
2. I believe he got his contract going into 2019, so I believe after his first 3 seasons, which are worse then Hunters in every stat. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-boyd-19004/transactions/

LOL Boyd, not turning into a great example for you

Edited by BackinBlack

6 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

1. do you think he got worse as a player or just got less targets?
2. I believe he got his contract going into 2019, so I believe after his first 3 seasons, which are worse then Hunters in every stat. 
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cincinnati-bengals/tyler-boyd-19004/transactions/

LOL Boyd, not turning into a great example for you

Less targets and I've said that he deserves to get a similar deal to Boyd, lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think he's an upward trajectory, he had 100+ targets because we lost Ruggs and Waller was hurt for a good portion of the year. If Adams/Waller stay healthy he'll probably produce at the same rate he did his first two seasons.

I'm saying his talent/level of play has improved every year in the league.

1 hour ago, BackinBlack said:

Renfrow has the IT factor big time.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Renfrow has the IT factor big time.

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-wide-receiver-rankings

10. HUNTER RENFROW, LAS VEGAS RAIDERS
Renfrow was a magnet in the slot. He caught 96.5% of the catchable targets thrown his way from that alignment — the fourth-highest rate in the NFL — en route to earning the seventh-best slot receiving grade. The 2019 fifth-round pick has established himself as one of the better route-runners in the game. Renfrow’s separation rate against single coverage placed at the 93rd percentile for the 2021 season.

...fwiw. Adams was #1. I tried to find WR rankings for first down rate. The stats I found put Renfrow in the top 10 for all, measured by plays both under 3 yards and over 7 yards. But the stat I found looked unreliable so I'm not sure it was correct. 

I get why it's easy to measure him by yards or number of catches. But the fact is by every measurable stat he is doing more with what he's shown than almost every other WR in the game. Doesn't have as many yards as others? Shoot he catches 97% of everything thrown his way in the slot, not his fault. Throw him the ball more. He's elite. Don't @ me. 

• Like 2