Eagles extend DT Tim Jernigan for 4 years

Danger

12 minutes ago, Darth Pees said:

I'm still mad that the Ravens traded away Jernigan, and with him all of our interior pass rush. We've really lacked in that area and he seems to be flourishing in Philly. I'm happy for him. He was misused here and ended up in Harbaugh's "doghouse" because he committed the occasional penalty.

Me too, we traded him for pennies on the draft pick. 

Oh well at least he's doing well for the eagles and is a BDL stud.

The DL of Graham, TJ, Cox, Barnett and Curry are all locked up now Thru 2018. Given the money they are saving on rookie contracts at CB Mills, Douglas and Jones only the LB position (Bradham) needs to be addressed in the future really.

I love it!!

1 hour ago, Nabbs4u said:

The DL of Graham, TJ, Cox, Barnett and Curry are all locked up now Thru 2018. Given the money they are saving on rookie contracts at CB Mills, Douglas and Jones only the LB position (Bradham) needs to be addressed in the future really.

I love it!!

Just wait until the contracts pile up, then you won't.

11 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

Just wait until the contracts pile up, then you won't.

Your point?

The Seahawks had that happen to them. And theyve been able to still stay competitive because of its blue chip, franchise players and QB. Just like the Eagles will once we have to cut ties with a few of those guys. Also, Curry will be gone after this season anyway. The core of our front is the starters: Graham-Cox-Jernigan-Barnett. All of whom will be on this team for the next 3+ years at least. 

As for the news about Jernigan....IM FRIGGIN STOKED. I praised this move all offseason and kept wondering out loud why nobody seemed to ever mention it when talking about offseason acquisitions.  Our DL is stacked, and Howie Roseman is continuing to make every other GM not named Bill Bellichick his B****

17 minutes ago, BAConrad said:

Your point?

The Seahawks had that happen to them. And theyve been able to still stay competitive because of its blue chip, franchise players and QB. Just like the Eagles will once we have to cut ties with a few of those guys. Also, Curry will be gone after this season anyway. The core of our front is the starters: Graham-Cox-Jernigan-Barnett. All of whom will be on this team for the next 3+ years at least. 

As for the news about Jernigan....IM FRIGGIN STOKED. I praised this move all offseason and kept wondering out loud why nobody seemed to ever mention it when talking about offseason acquisitions.  Our DL is stacked, and Howie Roseman is continuing to make every other GM not named Bill Bellichick his B****

My point is at some point the eagles will have cap issues like every team in the league most likely when they have to pay Wentz his 40 million a year. 

10 minutes ago, OleXmad said:

My point is at some point the eagles will have cap issues like every team in the league most likely when they have to pay Wentz his 40 million a year. 

Except any point made regarding the cap and Howie Roseman is basically moot because he is in his own stratosphere in comparison to the rest of the execs in this sport when it comes to the salary cap. 

Archived