49ers Forum Movie / Music / TV & General entertainment thread

Forge

Subtitles?   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch movies and tv shows with or without subtitles?

• With
    • Without
    • With, but I never learned to read
  2. 2. Do you prefer to read books or e-books?

• Books
    • E-Books
    • Why do you continue to make me feel bad about not being able to read?

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Dune 2 yesterday.  Really really long.  I felt it was good but I didn't get that "spectacular epic" feeling I got with movies like LOTR or other trilogies.  I'm not on the edge of my seat waiting for part 3.  Visually it was stunning for sure. I dunno, movies feel like a chore to get through these days, maybe it's just me.  Good movie though, for today's standards.  

• Like 1

I enjoy David Lynch's director's cut version of DUNE too much to bother with the reboot. Hate remakes and reboots so much. Kyle MacLachlan is Muah'dhib.

Besides, did Toto compose the soundtrack?! I think NOT! They did for the original and I think it is awesome. 

• Like 1

I've never actually seen Highlander. I tried once and the opening scene was so strange and almost cheesy that I just switched the Netflix over to something else. 

3 hours ago, adamq said:

I've never actually seen Highlander. I tried once and the opening scene was so strange and almost cheesy that I just switched the Netflix over to something else. 

I think it was cheesy even back in the 90s, the first one was still epic though.

I've never watched any of the Godfathers or Titanic.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I think it was cheesy even back in the 90s, the first one was still epic though.

I didn't see Godfather until covid and wished I had watched them earlier. The first two are as good or better than everyone says

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Ftn49 said:

Man, I recommend the Godfathers.  They are so different from modern movies with the pacing, but wow are they good. The first was great and I didn't know what to expect - thought it would be too slow but it wasn't.  Then the second one blew me away, I just loved it.  Skip the third.  

I've never seen Titanic either, and I never will.  It doesn't appeal to me in any way. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere
  • Like 2