Who is Pound for Pound Your Overall Favorite Player in the Draft?

brownie man

4 hours ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Guys that are gonna be good that I am higher on than most:

1. Jaquan Brisker

8. Sam Williams (will be a superstar)

Brisker reminds me of a Patriots type player so much.  He’s got a little Patrick Chung to his game. Just a for sure tackler and consistently in the right spot. 

I also think Sam Williams is going to be a superstar and don’t understand why he’s not getting more hype. Another player I hope falls to my Browns. 

9 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I also think Sam Williams is going to be a superstar and don’t understand why he’s not getting more hype. Another player I hope falls to my Browns. 

I’ve heard he has some laziness issues, as well as other off-field stuff. Haven’t dug into it, but that’s my assumption. 

52 minutes ago, Norm said:

I'm a GB fan who's been here a long and time, so yes. But please tell me where you're going with this?

Scouts found his formula so they started reading everyone else's opinions as if they were super valid, scout level knowledge?

(Answer this first, I just want to know where you were going with that)

And there WAS an actual scout here but I doubt any of you were aware of it, but he certainly wasn't here for Waldo or what any of the teenage ding dongs in the draft section had to say. That's ridiculous. 

Im just joking man its all gonna be okay. The mean made up scouts wont hurt you anymore😂

48 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Brisker reminds me of a Patriots type player so much.  He’s got a little Patrick Chung to his game. Just a for sure tackler and consistently in the right spot. 

Hes a very raw pass rusher rn, one year wonder and had a sexual assault case, although it was dropped

5 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Hes a very raw pass rusher rn, one year wonder and had a sexual assault case, although it was dropped

I don’t think he’s as raw as people think. I think part of it is that Ole Miss played him at the 5 tech a lot so he was really a 34 d end and wasn’t truly giving that opportunity to live outside the tackle. He played inside a ton so I think people don’t understand and how was asked to do different things. 

He he’s got 3-4 solid outside moves at end. He got the dip, an inside move, a rip, and the bull rush. Most important that man is running a 4.5 at 260 and he’s got the bend to get around the edge. I think he’s going to be the Maxx Crosby of this draft and make teams regret passing on him. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Im just joking man its all gonna be okay. The mean made up scouts wont hurt you anymore😂

Sorry I thought there was actually multiple people who thought scouts were here 

It's like when a few posters in here thought everyone from Twitter was "stealing" from them so they started to "leak" like hype posts about Justin Simmons I think it was, then they spent all day searching Twitter for his name after, acting like they made them all happen. They actually thought he sucked and shouldn't be drafted, he goes day two and becomes an all pro I think lol. They even fooled Simmons into thinking he was good!!!

I kind of had to retire from this section after that. Way too much for me when everyone and their mother thinks they're a god damn god level scout because 5 of the 60 prospects they liked turned out pretty good. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I don’t think he’s as raw as people think. I think part of it is that Ole Miss played him at the 5 tech a lot so he was really a 34 d end and wasn’t truly giving that opportunity to live outside the tackle. He played inside a ton so I think people don’t understand and how was asked to do different things. 

He he’s got 3-4 solid outside moves at end. He got the dip, an inside move, a rip, and the bull rush. Most important that man is running a 4.5 at 260 and he’s got the bend to get around the edge. I think he’s going to be the Maxx Crosby of this draft and make teams regret passing on him. 

Dude i was just arguing this in the EDGE rusher post. We as “scouts” dont know what Williams is being asked to do, and arent even cognizant enough to ask these sorts of questions. If he doesnt hit our benchmark checkmarks in what we want we lower him on the board.

for instance, to my eye against Bama Williams main concern was holding the EDGE, and maintaining discipline to not get run over by Evan Neal. But others will say theyre a passing offense and that Williams has no rush plan.

Its a grey area, this is where coaches come in. A lot of offseason prospect elevation is because the Coaches finally watch the film and tell the scouts “you dont know what youre talking about, this is what they were asking him to do.”

17 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Its a grey area, this is where coaches come in. A lot of offseason prospect elevation is because the Coaches finally watch the film and tell the scouts “you dont know what youre talking about, this is what they were asking him to do.”

Exactly but when you go watch that Mississippi State game when he’s rushing a ton he totally dominated. Ole Miss ran a 3-2-6 scheme last year. Most teams aren’t running that. So he’s snaps as an outside rusher are going to be much different from David Ojabo or a Jermaine Johnson. 

You allow Williams to be a pure 43 rush end and I think you’ve got a star. He reminds me of Brian Orakpo, Cliff Avril, or Shaun Phillips. 

2 hours ago, brownie man said:

Well he won’t now that you mentioned him in thread!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Exactly but when you go watch that Mississippi State game when he’s rushing a ton he totally dominated. Ole Miss ran a 3-2-6 scheme last year. Most teams aren’t running that. So he’s snaps as an outside rusher are going to be much different from David Ojabo or a Jermaine Johnson. 

You allow Williams to be a pure 43 rush end and I think you’ve got a star. He reminds me of Brian Orakpo, Cliff Avril, or Shaun Phillips. 

He was giving that RT issues all night in that game, even did well against Cross when called upon to do so