Who is Pound for Pound Your Overall Favorite Player in the Draft?

brownie man

8 hours ago, squire12 said:

things i learned in reading this thread

1.   some NFL scouts might read postings on this site
  2.  those same scouts will read some posts and then hustle back to re-watch tape on a player to adjust their ratings
  3.  subsequently more fervently pound the table for that player

conclusion:  some NFL scouts are easily swayed by random internet posters

No, no. It won't cause scouts to go back to re-watch the tape. He specifically told Counselor to go watch the highlight reel. So he thinks scouts are going to come on FF, come to this thread, read one random guy's opinion on Dotson, watch a highlight reel, then draft him highly.

• Like 2

But to answer the question, it's either Evan Neal or Treylon Burks. Neal just is quite literally built different. There's no way that a guy who weighed in at 337 lbs for the Combine should look like this.

Evan Neal names his favorite NFL player of all-time

He's insanely athletic for his size and is also very technically proficient. I don't see any way that this guy doesn't become a top-tier OT in the league.

As for Burks, his testing wasn't as good as people thought but you watch the tape and the way he moves for his size is special. He's another guy who is quite literally built different from most receivers. He is huge and was outrunning SEC defenders on a regular basis. Tape don't lie (except when it does).

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

But if me saying Jahan is my favorite player may cause someone to go back and be reminded of his talent.

Yes because hey forgot about his talent and seeing some random having him as their top player is going to turn the light bulb on

bernie sanders GIF by Team Coco

• Like 3

But Jahan has the best hands in the draft and most mocks have him getting drafted in the 2nd round. It's not like he is a big surprise coming out of nowhere. Some writers say a few teams have a 1st round grade on him . I wouldn't even be surprised if a team grabs him late in the 1st round. He is a good prospect indeed 

5 minutes ago, warrenblue said:

But Jahan has the best hands in the draft and most mocks have him getting drafted in the 2nd round. It's not like he is a big surprise coming out of nowhere. Some writers say a few teams have a 1st round grade on him . I wouldn't even be surprised if a team grabs him late in the 1st round. He is a good prospect indeed 

Now you’ve gone and done it! Convinced the scouts to take him top 20!

Figured I would put these out there for David Bell in case any Atlanta or Carolina scouts are browsing the forum on here and needed a reminder of how insanely talented David Bell is. Totally worth the #6 or #8 pick in the draft. Please don't over think this scouts. You'll miss out on the next Jerry Rice.

Edited by tyler735
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

You should think more highly of yourself. 

A few more players I think are going to be good. 

Sam Williams Ole Miss

Jelani Woods Virginia 

Khalik Shakir Boise

Perrion Winfrey Oklahoma 

Kerby Joseph Illinois 

Isaiah Pacheco Rutgers 

Carson Strong Nevada 

3 years from now check on them and I’m confident all those players will outplay their draft slot. I know football bro I’ve been watching it too long. 

No one is monitoring my messages I’m not saying that. But if me saying Jahan is my favorite player may cause someone to go back and be reminded of his talent. Scouts are on this forum bro we’re all fiends. A lot of people on here make good content. Definitely further along than Reddit I’d say. 

Okay bro

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Do you not know who Waldo was?

I'm a GB fan who's been here a long and time, so yes. But please tell me where you're going with this?

Scouts found his formula so they started reading everyone else's opinions as if they were super valid, scout level knowledge?

(Answer this first, I just want to know where you were going with that)

And there WAS an actual scout here but I doubt any of you were aware of it, but he certainly wasn't here for Waldo or what any of the teenage ding dongs in the draft section had to say. That's ridiculous. 

• Like 1