2022 NFL Draft Talk (No Spoiler allowed until Day 3)

JetsandI

17 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Really wondering why we didn't take a LB.  Safety I can see because of how many bodies we have there and signing Whitehead.  But how can we go all offseason without touching LB?

Our staff im did come out and say that we like our LBs. So not too much of a surprise we didn’t draft one.

3 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

In three drafts, JD has not taken one pure LB

Just a position going forward when making mocks, know he just doesnt value

lol He's going to value a LB next year because you said this. 

Every year we question what he's willing to do and not do. He's not going be aggressive, he's not going to go CB over a trench player, and etc. I don't think he just looks at the positions, he looks at who is there. Like CB and RB weren't the biggest needs, but they were the best players on the board in positions we could upgrade. I'm not sure if there was a LB available clearly better than the people we picked. 

I've been pounding the table for a while. Even if we don't find one, if no one else completely drops off, we could go into next offseason only needing a Center, DT, OLB, Maybe a RT, and FS. We have about 8 picks next year with $27M with the potential to free up $41M releasing Mosley, Davis, and McGovern if needed. Not everyone improves, so I'm not expecting this, but we're in the best position possible. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

lol He's going to value a LB next year because you said this. 

Every year we question what he's willing to do and not do. He's not going be aggressive, he's not going to go CB over a trench player, and etc. I don't think he just looks at the positions, he looks at who is there. Like CB and RB weren't the biggest needs, but they were the best players on the board in positions we could upgrade. I'm not sure if there was a LB available clearly better than the people we picked. 

I've been pounding the table for a while. Even if we don't find one, if no one else completely drops off, we could go into next offseason only needing a Center, DT, OLB, Maybe a RT, and FS. We have about 8 picks next year with $27M with the potential to free up $41M releasing Mosley, Davis, and McGovern if needed. Not everyone improves, so I'm not expecting this, but we're in the best position possible. 

Good post. We are finally drafting like a team should. It's refreshing but unpredictable for the mock drafts 😂

• Like 1

Some prospects I'm looking at as potential UDFA: 

Damone Clark 

Alec Lindstrom

Dawson Deaton

Brad Hawkins

Quinton Lake (UCLA) 

James Houston IV 

Curtis Brooks 

Josh Rivas

Juanyeh Thomas

Nick Ford

Tariq Carpenter 

Markquese Bell 

Justyn Ross

Justin Shaffer

If he is there, Clark is a perfect match for our situation. He can recover and learn behind Mosely and eventually replace him or become the OLB we need. He has the skills to do both. 

2 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

Some prospects I'm looking at as potential UDFA: 

Damone Clark 

Alec Lindstrom

Dawson Deaton

Brad Hawkins

Quinton Lake (UCLA) 

James Houston IV 

Curtis Brooks 

Josh Rivas

Juanyeh Thomas

Nick Ford

Tariq Carpenter 

Markquese Bell 

Justyn Ross

Justin Shaffer

If he is there, Clark is a perfect match for our situation. He can recover and learn behind Mosely and eventually replace him or become the OLB we need. He has the skills to do both. 

86 on Clark. lol

27 minutes ago, Abe56 said:

Man if we could of 3 1st rounders for Adams, Seattle might be an early fav for 1st overall next year

It would bring me so much joy to make the playoffs while Jamal Adams is on a bottom 5 team. He can smoke his cigar and talk about how he's such a winner. 

31 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

We're no longer looked at as a joke. Other athletes around the league are hyping us up and starting to become the place other athletes are considering. We're not even fighting on those page. lol 

Chad Johnson often hypes us up, he loves Zach Wilson and Elijah Moore. Thinks they are going to be ballers.  This team is young and talented. I think we may surprise people this season, they are young but they will be hungry and explosive. 

1 minute ago, NYJets4716 said:

Chad Johnson often hypes us up, he loves Zach Wilson and Elijah Moore. Thinks they are going to be ballers.  This team is young and talented. I think we may surprise people this season, they are young but they will be hungry and explosive. 

I actually agree. The only group we didn't really improve is the LB, but Mosley & Williams are solid. Teams can't focus on taking away one thing to beat us anymore. As I mentioned, the talent is now here, we just need to watch them grow. 

Could you imagine the scenes if JD was to bring the Honey Badger in to play FS. Shocked he’s still a FA. 

Maybe before the draft he wouldn’t really be interested but the hype we are getting a round the league it could be worth reaching out to him. 

3 hours ago, Abe56 said:

In three drafts, JD has not taken one pure LB

Just a position going forward when making mocks, know he just doesnt value

I think with it being a passing league and valuing DL… most the time we will only play with 2 LBs. Just get good tacklers in the secondary. Which we did with Whitehead, Reed and Sauce.

• Like 2