EC Playoffs Round 2: (2) Boston Celtics vs (3) Milwaukee Bucks (Series tied 3-3)

beekay414

8 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Tatum has gone over 30 points for three consecutive games. He's getting he's points now. You have to expect him to get 30+ or around three in game 7 as well. 

Giannis will also go for 35+ but who will be his reliable #2? Brown has been getting 20+ every game so you can pretty much count on him and Tatum going for 55-60 points. Bucks will need to hit a decent amount of 3s or else the Celtics overall talent advantage will prove to be a bit too much. 

He’s getting points, but before last night was very inefficient. He was averaging 39/30 on his shots.

1 hour ago, packerstk7 said:

He’s getting points, but before last night was very inefficient. He was averaging 39/30 on his shots.

That was mainly due to games 1 and 3 though. In games 4-6, he has shot the ball better. Dude is a supreme scorer that you can't hold down for good.

I would start Connaughton over Allen in game 7. You guys need another consistent scorer next to Giannis and Connaughton has been the better of the two this series. He has the ability to get 17-20 points and that could be enough to get through to the next round. 

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

That was mainly due to games 1 and 3 though. In games 4-6, he has shot the ball better. Dude is a supreme scorer that you can't hold down for good.

I would start Connaughton over Allen in game 7. You guys need another consistent scorer next to Giannis and Connaughton has been the better of the two this series. He has the ability to get 17-20 points and that could be enough to get through to the next round. 

not really. Games 3, 4, 5 his FG % were 21, 46, 41 and 3pt % 0, 30 and 18 respectively 

I’d start Pat and give Hill’s minutes to Carter.

Edited by packerstk7

6 hours ago, packerstk7 said:

not really. Games 3, 4, 5 his FG % were 21, 46, 41 and 3pt % 0, 30 and 18 respectively 

I’d start Pat and give Hill’s minutes to Carter.

In games 1 and 3, he has shot 33 and 21 percent from the field. The rest of the series? 50/46/41/53 percent from the field. Unless you are just referring to his 3 point percentage where he only shot it well twice all series? He's averaging about 37 PPG in the last three games. Again, he should be expected to at the very least be in the high 20s in game 7, but will likely score 30+ again. Brown has been pretty much consistent with his scoring and should be in the 20-25 range. It is going to come down to how well you guys shoot the ball from the perimeter and if someone other than Giannis can have a relatively big game. 

11 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Not sure the Bucks can afford to sit Giannis more then 4 minutes in this game. He may even need to go 48 minutes. Someone has to step up and help him. 

I think it will depend on game flow/ score.  Short rest if Milwaukee can get a small lead, but game needs to stay close.

Agreed someone needs to step up.... and early.  Giannis needs to strike that balance of scoring so the game stays close but also trying to get a shooter some early and easy looks.

1 (probably 2) of Portis, Lopez, Allen, Matthews, Connaghton, Hill/Carter needs to high teens scoring.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, packerstk7 said:

I think the Celtics win this relatively comfortably, but the only outcome that would really surprise me is a big Bucks win.

Idk Tatum hit a lot of very difficult shots to close out game 6 and I just feel like Giannis in an all or nothing game is a nightmare.  He is likely to go beast mode in this one.  I would go over on everything with him today. I see a 40/15/8 kind of game. Especially like over on the boards as I think he will get that on energy alone.  Still if his mates go flat they could still lose. Should be fun. Gonna be a nice afternoon/night.