Official 1st ROUND NFL DRAFT: Washington Commanders selection party & Rumors, Trades, etc.

4 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

He's not wrong...

No he's not.

It was partly why I was afraid to draft a WR in the 1st, at all.

Something about a name. But Josh Doctson was one of the bigger busts we've had in a long time.

I mean...the dude really sucked.

In fact...to me? He'll always be known as Jahan.

Cause his last name will bring me bad memories.

1 hour ago, ripsean21 said:

this guy has the right stuff mentally. Listen to this guy talk football. This guy is not Terry level professional but this guy is a football guy and is traited up!!! Amazing hands and body control. This is a really good football player. And for a small guy he will tell you he loves blocking.

Yes Dotson is a good player. I just think there was players at 11 who were much better than Dotson. To me we passed on some really good WR's. If you notice alot of teams were trading UP to get the best WR's. Williams was there. You take him and run. We're are talking about the  cream of the crop (WR's). We are a bad team so we need the top picks of the litter. Oh well it is done just have to hope Dotson proves he is valuable. 

1 hour ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Basically comes down to:

Olave  VS  Dotson + ( 3rd/4th Rd pick)

Agreed. While I liked the other players more than Dotson and generally agree with @lavar703 that Ron is in over his head and likes to overdraft players, I think we can't completely judge this trade down until we see what happens with those picks and how they pan out.

And also, how Dotson pans out. I know that I wasn't expecting Terry to be much of a WR and he has surprised me. Hoping it's the same with Dotson.

• Like 2