Official 1st ROUND NFL DRAFT: Washington Commanders selection party & Rumors, Trades, etc.

5 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I didn't have a 1st round grade on Dotson, but he is a playmaker and fills a hole they clearly thought was there.

I would have preferred Lloyd or Dean there, but eh.

It doesn’t excuse reaching in the first round two years in a row. At some point there has to be an adult in the room that tells Ron no. He can’t keep doing this. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

The Eagles drafting Jordan Davis and trading for AJ Brown is a killer for us. Man, they just got a ton better!

Then and Giants got better today...

We made a pretty questionable pick, but it was clearly the position they wanted to go.

2 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I really hope Dotson does well and I’m rooting for him but I just don’t know about this pick. Would of much rather had Olave or Hamilton at 11 and not the extra picks…..

I would’ve much rather had Olave or Hamilton too but Dotson is a good pick too. He was a stud at Penn State, the only stud they had on offense last year & he had 91 recs, 1182 yds & 12 TDs last year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Analysts had nothing but great things to say about Dotson. Saying he has the best hands in the draft. Deep threat for Wentz and gained 2 more picks. 
Try to be positive and now Terry has his partner to spread the D

Like I said before, like it or not, they have a plan and we just gotta deal with it. Same with the Wentz trade and anointment of him as a starter.

1 minute ago, Slappy Mc said:

Then and Giants got better today...

We made a pretty questionable pick, but it was clearly the position they wanted to go.

They did too but we knew they were going to get two top 10 picks, remains to be seen how much better they got. 

Personally as someone who’s watched a lot of Jahan Dotson the last 2 years, I don’t think he’s that far off from the Ohio State WRs. I’ve always liked him, he was an Ohio State killer.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

I really hope Dotson does well and I’m rooting for him but I just don’t know about this pick. Would of much rather had Olave or Hamilton at 11 and not the extra picks…..

Honestly he is just a tick off Wilson. But he had way worse QB play but better hands. Solid route runner but this is a heck of a football player he has Alpha mentality this is a really good football player. 

• Like 1