Official 1st ROUND NFL DRAFT: Washington Commanders selection party & Rumors, Trades, etc.

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

We shouldn't freak out about the pick.

We might even DBL dip in the draft & take another WR.

Which I would not oppose. We need to score points. So sick of bad QB play & relying on Defense to get us out of hand. 

If we can score points, maybe our Defense will play better with a lead for once.

That would be even more shambolic.

They have Terry McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown (remember him? 2nd round pick last year?), Cam Sims (guy they just re-signed), and now Jahar Dotson. Oh yeah, then there's AGG, Harmon, Milne, and Marken Michel (who?). At most, we would carry six receivers and perhaps more likely five. They aren't cutting McLaurin and they cannot afford to take the cap hit for Samuel this year (next year, he's gone). Dotson is obviously safe to make the roster.

So, this second receiver would be competing for time with Brown and Sims for time at the #4.

When we have bigger needs elsewhere.

Sounds like a very Commanders thing to do, then.

2 minutes ago, Woz said:

They have Terry McLaurin, Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown (remember him? 2nd round pick last year?), Cam Sims (guy they just re-signed), and now Jahar Dotson. Oh yeah, then there's AGG, Harmon, Milne, and Marken Michel (who?). At most, we would carry six receivers and perhaps more likely five. They aren't cutting McLaurin and they cannot afford to take the cap hit for Samuel this year (next year, he's gone). Dotson is obviously safe to make the roster.

So, this second receiver would be competing for time with Brown and Sims for time at the #4.

Terry, Samuel, Brown (3rd rounder Woz), Dotson, Sims, Milne. I'd be surprised if it's anything else. 

8 minutes ago, Woz said:

You can do it, when you have 10+ picks.

Which we will have after trading down again in the 2nd round. Drafting late in the 2nd round and selecting QB Carson Strong. (They want him BAD & there will be a run on QB's in 2nd)

This will add more picks for day 2 &/or 3.

I'm expecting a QB (Carson Strong)

A RB

DT (Payne situation)

A Safety (a Buffalo Safety)

A LBer (Nakobe Dean if he's there in 2nd, which he won't be, thus no trade down if he is)

A CB (William Jackson Sucks)

O-Line for depth. NFC EAST has bolstered D-line

And possibly a TE, but I doubt it.

DBL dip for WR....a strong possibility, imo.

Edited by aceinthehouse

5 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Terry, Samuel, Brown (3rd rounder Woz), Dotson, Sims, Milne. I'd be surprised if it's anything else. 

Good catch on Brown, Mike. Don't know why I keep thinking of him as a 2nd.

I could see a scenario where they go AGG or Harmon over Milne since with Milne they would be somewhat heavy on slot guys. I wouldn't stake anything on it happening that way, though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

You can do it, when you have 10+ picks.

Which we will have after trading down again in the 2nd round. Drafting late in the 2nd round and selecting QB Carson Strong. (They want him BAD & there will be a run on QB's in 2nd)

This will add more picks for day 2 &/or 3.

I'm expecting a QB (Carson Strong)

A RB

DT (Payne situation)

A Safety (a Buffalo Safety)

A LBer (Nakobe Dean if he's there in 2nd, which he won't be, thus no trade down if he is)

A CB (William Jackson Sucks)

O-Line for depth. NFC EAST has bolstered D-line

And possibly a TE, but I doubt it.

They would have to trade down multiple times to get 10+ picks.

Remember, they don't have a 5th because they traded up last year to take a long snapper.

1 minute ago, Woz said:

They would have to trade down multiple times to get 10+ picks.

Remember, they don't have a 5th because they traded up last year to take a long snapper.

Trading down from #47 to #57 or later would probably get them a couple of day 3 picks.

That would be 10 picks there.

31 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

Trading down from #47 to #57 or later would probably get them a couple of day 3 picks.

That would be 10 picks there.

Addressed in the other topic.

Short answer: no it won't.

Ok I might have been a little off on the Curtis Samuel comparison, but Dotson is essentially exactly what Dyanami Brown does right?  I know Brown didn’t show much as a rookie but how many chances will he get now?  We basically just guaranteed our 3rd rounder from last year never plays.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok I might have been a little off on the Curtis Samuel comparison, but Dotson is essentially exactly what Dyanami Brown does right?  I know Brown didn’t show much as a rookie but how many chances will he get now?  We basically just guaranteed our 3rd rounder from last year never plays.

I still think Dotson does more of what Samuel does/can do than Brown does. I never like Brown on the inside, whereas I think Dotson is inside or out underneath or over the top. Brown is really a great guy for the verts, posts and flags imo. We have to see Scott get creative here. We might see Samuel do Deebo type things now too. 

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

I still think Dotson does more of what Samuel does/can do than Brown does. I never like Brown on the inside, whereas I think Dotson is inside or out underneath or over the top. Brown is really a great guy for the verts, posts and flags imo. We have to see Scott get creative here. We might see Samuel do Deebo type things now too. 

Idk if you’re going 4 wide wouldn’t you run Terry, Samuel, Dotson and then someone with some size like Sims?  Even 5 wide I’d leave Logan Thomas in.

7 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Idk if you’re going 4 wide wouldn’t you run Terry, Samuel, Dotson and then someone with some size like Sims?  Even 5 wide I’d leave Logan Thomas in.

I'm spreading the field then, so I'd probably leave Sims off the field tbh on a lot of those plays. But these guys need breaks too. Having Brown spell Dotson, terry, or Samuel is a good thing.

Or 4 wide with Terry, Dotson, Sims, and Brown with Samuel out of the backfield?? That'd be interesting on a 3rd and long

Alright... NOW is where the draft starts boys!! LFG! ROUND TWO!!! Who are you all rooting for? 

My cheering interests:

1) MLB Chad Muma

2) TE Trey McBride

3) RB Kenneth Walker

4) WR Christian Watson (Please don't be afraid to go WR-WR. Be CREATIVE RON!!)

Not sure where I have Nakobe Dean ranked but would be cool if he fell to us.