Round 2 Pick 34; Christian Watson, WR, NDSU

Packerraymond

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Sorry man, this makes absolutely no sense. NFL throws are about anticipation, by the time the ball would hit Laz's hands, he would've been wide open. Who cares about the moment it left Rodgers hands? Pretty irrelevant point in time.

Fully agree on anticipation, but how could anyone anticipate that Williams would stumble/take that strange step towards the line of scrimmage? He was following Rodgers' eyes and had Lazard pretty locked up before that weird step.

19 minutes ago, Sandy said:

Fully agree on anticipation, but how could anyone anticipate that Williams would stumble/take that strange step towards the line of scrimmage? He was following Rodgers' eyes and had Lazard pretty locked up before that weird step.

A flat footed DB is a beaten DB.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Which of course he had trouble doing with the OL getting blown up and the TEs playing as bad as the special teams.

The OL was fine. It's the playoffs. If your Elite QB needs perfect protection to be effective, your QB isn't elite 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Lol ask @AlexGreen#20or @beekay414, I'm one of the biggest pain in the *** Rodgers supporters on here.

I'm just not a blind zombie who kisses his *** and worships the ground he walks on.

But in that SF playoff game if the TEs, OL and ST play decently Rodgers doesn't have to be Godgers.  When we lost the NFCC game to Tampa Brady wasn't wonderful either but other members of his team picked him up and they went on to SB 55.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Pugger said:

But in that SF playoff game if the TEs, OL and ST play decently Rodgers doesn't have to be Godgers.  When we lost the NFCC game to Tampa Brady wasn't wonderful either but other members of his team picked him up and they went on to SB 55.

It's an amazingly simple equation being blown up to include everybody and his mother.

If AR hits Lazard - we're gonna win that game. LA is coming to GB.

He SHOULD have thrown it to Lazard - the guy's been playing long enough he should have seen that route / player. He didnt. He was focused in on one thing and one thing only - so we lost.

That's it. In a nutshell.
Hit Lazard and win.....or.....throw into double coverage and lose.

Edited by Leader

Just now, Leader said:

It's an amazingly simple equation being blown up to include everybody and his mother.

He SHOULD have thrown it to Lazard - the guy's been playing long enough he should have seen that route / player.
He didnt. He was focused in on one thing and one thing only - so we lost.

Choose GIF

1 minute ago, Leader said:

He SHOULD have thrown it to Lazard - the guy's been playing long enough he should have seen that route / player. He didnt. He was focused in on one thing and one thing only - so we lost.

Yes, but if SF doesn't block that punt and get that TD we win that game 10-6 if there are no other scores.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

But life is seldom this black and white. Especially in football.

It's a fair argument to say that the o-line, TE group and special teams played so poorly that we were forced into a game-determining situation in the first place.

In any close game, it's fair to scrutinize everything. Clearly they have, with the effort put in to replenish the o-line and the moves made for ST to improve. Tonyan will be back and Davis is apparently looking like a future starter.  And while I don't think the team hoped for this, Adams is gone so maybe Rodgers can spend a little more time on his first reads so that they have a chance to get open before looking for his BFF. 

Completely unrelated but we are in the Watson thread after all. I don't agree with the capital used in a draft like this to get a project player during a win-now push...but the kid is damn likeable. I'm rooting for him.

2 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Yes, but if SF doesn't block that punt and get that TD we win that game 10-6 if there are no other scores.

LOL. A game is a sequence of "moments"

Yes - you can say IF about any number of plays in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Qtrs........but the play in question occurred in CRUNCH TIME...and it had to happen. It didnt - for reasons cited. Game over. Go to your homes.

I'm done here and moving on to the 2022 season which is officially beginning today.

4 minutes ago, Sandy said:

But life is seldom this black and white. Especially in football.

It's a fair argument to say that the o-line, TE group and special teams played so poorly that we were forced into a game-determining situation in the first place.

In any close game, it's fair to scrutinize everything. Clearly they have, with the effort put in to replenish the o-line and the moves made for ST to improve. Tonyan will be back and Davis is apparently looking like a future starter.  And while I don't think the team hoped for this, Adams is gone so maybe Rodgers can spend a little more time on his first reads so that they have a chance to get open before looking for his BFF. 

Completely unrelated but we are in the Watson thread after all. I don't agree with the capital used in a draft like this to get a project player during a win-now push...but the kid is damn likeable. I'm rooting for him.

Points noted. We disagree and I'm moving on.

16 minutes ago, Pugger said:

He didn't play within the offense, finger pointing starts with him. 

Why am I going to blame Josiah Deguara or Dennis Kelly, who just isn't very good, instead of one of the best who ever played?

Josiah did his job, Dennis did his, they just didn't do it well enough. Rodgers, plenty capable of doing it well, didn't do his job. Big difference.

1 minute ago, Sandy said:

We needed to upgrade the WR room but we didn't/couldn't move up in the first to nab one of the top WR prospects this year.  In some pre-draft lists of top WRs Watson was often included with the young men taken in round one.  What I find curious is some would not have had an issue with Gute moving up in the first to take a WR but are not happy with what it took for us to get Watson in the second.  What am I missing here?

Just now, Packerraymond said:

He didn't play within the offense, finger pointing starts with him. 

Why am I going to blame Josiah Deguara or Dennis Kelly, who just isn't very good, instead of one of the best who ever played?

Josiah did his job, Dennis did his, they just didn't do it well enough. Rodgers, plenty capable of doing it well, didn't do his job. Big difference.

Nobody is gonna give AR a pass in that game but seeing the football is the ultimate in team sports everybody has to play well, especially in the playoffs.