Pick 3 - #83 overall - LB Nakobe Dean

Kiltman

19 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

So what we thinking for stats? 200+ tackles 15 sacks 19 ints 12 FF 20 Tuddies?

In all seriousness if he plays from day 1 and plays the entire season?

Best LB in the past 20 years as a Eagle. Trott included. Go from there.

17 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

So what we thinking for stats? 200+ tackles 15 sacks 19 ints 12 FF 20 Tuddies?

In all seriousness if he plays from day 1 and plays the entire season?

Really depends on what year one is for him

Just looking at if he's healthy

115 tackles, 75 solo. 40 combo
3.5 sacks
1 int
2 ff

^ roughly that if he's a starting 3 down lb for 17 games

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Really depends on what year one is for him

Just looking at if he's healthy

115 tackles, 75 solo. 40 combo
3.5 sacks
1 int
2 ff

^ roughly that if he's a starting 3 down lb for 17 games

If he’s healthy the whole year

155 combined tackles

4 sacks

1 INT

3 FF

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

If he’s healthy the whole year

155 combined tackles

4 sacks

1 INT

3 FF

Somewhere between the two yeah, I went low for year one

hes gonna be a stats machine if he’s out there all the time

TJ Edwards had 130 combined tackles. Alex Singleton had 138. Kyzir White had 144.

The only one of those three to start every game and play in every game was Kyzir White.

I think you are aiming too low on combined tackles for a very instinctive LB who sniffs stuff out quick if he’s playing 3 downs and starts every game. He’ll also be playing behind a more stout interior than what any of those 3 played with last year as well.

@Kiltman

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I’d assume so. Reid Sinnett has #17 right now and he’s probably QB4, so he better come off that number lol.

They should just double up numbers until the regular season, let’s guys that will stick around to just start with the numbers they want

7 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

They should just double up numbers until the regular season, let’s guys that will stick around to just start with the numbers they want

Yeah, I think they do that anyways. I remember in past camps there being guys on both sides of the ball with the same number.

I mean the Eagles have among the most retired #s with 9, plus numbers we oddly won't give out like LeSean's #25 (We retiring him too?) its kinda hard to have a 90 man roster with all the guys having their own numbers lol.

I kinda don't get retired numbers for the most part like yeah it's cool to honor legends of your franchise, but isn't putting them in your ring of honor and giving them a ceremony enough? Eventually Eagles will have like 15+ retired numbers. Bears already have 14 retired. At what point will it be too many retired jersey numbers?

Like Jordan Davis rocking #99 like he did in college and like former Eagles legend Jerome Brown did would be pretty awesome imo.

1 hour ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Yeah, I think they do that anyways. I remember in past camps there being guys on both sides of the ball with the same number.

I mean the Eagles have among the most retired #s with 9, plus numbers we oddly won't give out like LeSean's #25 (We retiring him too?) its kinda hard to have a 90 man roster with all the guys having their own numbers lol.

I kinda don't get retired numbers for the most part like yeah it's cool to honor legends of your franchise, but isn't putting them in your ring of honor and giving them a ceremony enough? Eventually Eagles will have like 15+ retired numbers. Bears already have 14 retired. At what point will it be too many retired jersey numbers?

Like Jordan Davis rocking #99 like he did in college and like former Eagles legend Jerome Brown did would be pretty awesome imo.

Yeah I'm not big on retired numbers. 
I think it makes sense for like All-time players that helped define the franchise, beyond that no.
I get the desire to do some of these, but could be at least half

#   Name                                     active in Philly              retired year

5 Donovan McNabb                   1999–2009                      2013

15 Steve Van Buren                    1944–51                           1951

20 Brian Dawkins                      1996–2008                       2012

40 Tom Brookshier                    1953–61                            1962

44 Pete Retzlaff                        1956–66                             1965

60 Chuck Bednarik                   1949–62

70 Al Wistert                             1944–51                              1952

92 Reggie White                        1985–92                             2005

99 Jerome Brown                     1987–91                               1992

Wish they would stop the phantom retiring.
Like #25 #87 and #9 should be back in, #12 should be able to be used.

I'd imagine next year they might retire #71

9 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah I'm not big on retired numbers. 
I think it makes sense for like All-time players that helped define the franchise, beyond that no.
I get the desire to do some of these, but could be at least half

Yeah, I just don't understand the concept for doing it with so many players.

Like Kobe Bryant should definitely have his # retired by the Lakers for instance. 

I get Jerome Brown was great in Philly in his brief time. He made 2 All Pros in just 5 seasons and the whole "Bring it Home for Jerome" was a big deal and its a really cool storyline that the Eagles brought home their first Lombardi on his birthday (February 4th). Like I'm not trying to be insensitive and he might've had a 10+ year career in Philly, but his jersey was retired literally less than 3 months after the tragic accident. We were 1-4 in the playoffs in Jerome's time here.

I don't get why teams feel they need to retire every great players jersey. Jerome is just an example.

16 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah, this probably gets on my nerves more than just the numbers that are retired like either retire their jersey or let people use it. Stop riding the fence.

I don't get why they can't just give out the numbers we hold in high regard to players they feel deserve it or have earned it. 

Didn't even really remember we had phantom retired 87.... like I loved Celek. He was a tough SOB and a nice TE for us, but is that really necessary?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

I'd imagine next year they might retire #71

This I absolutely agree with. None need to be retired outside of maybe Peters and all should be in use. The fact they are not is wrong.

As for retiring numbers I have no problem with it. There have only been 4 retired numbers in the past 57 years and 1 of those (99) was posthumously retired. At that time it made perfect sense!  Now the other 5 from the 40's-60's I can't speak on but I'm sure were also deserving. 

There's a 53 man roster and now 16 PS spots with 9 retired. Given the new rule change for numbers any position can wear any number. That still leaves 20 or so extra numbers not in use. In other words plenty of choices. Even if it means the poor little Rookie/FA doesn’t get to wear his College number because of an All Time Eagle Great.

Edited by Nabbs4u