#97 pick in 2022 NFL Draft- Kerby Joseph, S

Superduperman

7 minutes ago, Louis Friend said:

His instincts is what he lives on right now, it's proper technique he's still learning. Still tackles too high. I have no doubts he can learn alot from Aubrey Pleasant. 

Walker/Elliott/Joseph/???????????

Oruwariye/Okudah/Hughes/Melifonwu/Jacobs

That's a damn good young raw secondary for Pleasant to develop and mold. 

Right in line with my thinking. If our defense takes a good step forward, AG is likely gone. This will mean we have at least another year with AP as our defensive coordinator. I would assume he is promoted in this scenario. 

Edited by BarryTheBest

Just now, BarryTheBest said:

Right in line with my thinking. If our defense takes a good step forward, AG is likely gone. This will mean we have at least another year with AP as our defensive coordinator. At least I would believe. 

If we think AG and AP this good at developing talent let's go get the ultimate potential prospect in Woolen.  I think he can play SpTeams and if he can tackle I'd try him at Safety and have him cover TEs and RBs.

1 minute ago, Millenhater said:

If we think AG and AP this good at developing talent let's go get the ultimate potential prospect in Woolen.  I think he can play SpTeams and if he can tackle I'd try him at Safety and have him cover TEs and RBs.

I do not know much about him specifically, but it kind of seems to me that Iffy is out TE/RB eraser. At least, that is kind of what I see his role as.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Louis Friend said:

Kerby is currently ranked 2nd among safetys according to PFF. Not among rookies, among safetys. Let's hope he's okay moving forward and finishes this season strong. 

This would be absolutely huge if Joseph can continue on this path. If Holmes hits on Joseph, Rodriguez, and Paschal in this draft then I will be hesitant to question him in the future on his consideration of positional values (ie taking LB and S later).

• Like 1

Lets be real about the draft--no GM is going to hit on every draft pick and some major whiffs will happen.  It happens to organizations like the Ravens who have a long history of drafting very well.  What Brad Holmes has done in his first two drafts is find impact players in later rounds of the draft.  He found Alim McNeil (Round 3), Amon Ra St Brown (Round 4), Derrick Barnes (Round 4) and Jerry Jacobs (UDFA) last year.  This year he snagged Joseph (Round 3), James Mitchell (Round 5) and Chase Lucas (Round 7).  He managed to pull two solid contributors in John Cominsky and Isaiah Buggs from the waiver wire also.  If he can do this consistently, the Lions will have a very good chance to put their losing ways behind them.

• 2 months later...