Official Yankees Thread

mission27

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

The most interesting is Frazier. I think he’s a star. I don’t know how he gets the ABs in the majors. Gardner is a FA at the end of the year and would love for Clint to take over, but I think he gets packaged for a pitcher at the deadline.

As much as T Austin has impressed me, it’s still Bird’s gig. Potential is through the roof. Austin will get his opportunities though, hitting lefties.

Drury should be the odd man out. Andujar looks legit. His ABs are all quality.

Its a good problem to have, I really hope they don’t get too cute with stuff. 

Neil Walker will get DFA’d soon. He sucks. Bird is never healthy, I’m over him. I like Austin a lot.

I’m with you on Clint, I’m a big big fan. Idk how he gets AB’s either. I wish he could though.

16 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Neil Walker will get DFA’d soon. He sucks. Bird is never healthy, I’m over him. I like Austin a lot.

I’m with you on Clint, I’m a big big fan. Idk how he gets AB’s either. I wish he could though.

Austin gets signed up just like Bird. Idt it’d be wise giving up on Bird. Last year was a freak injury, this injury it was nothing he did so it was bad luck.

This is a guy who took Andrew Miller deep, he deserves more time.

6 hours ago, pollino14 said:

The most interesting is Frazier. I think he’s a star. I don’t know how he gets the ABs in the majors. Gardner is a FA at the end of the year and would love for Clint to take over, but I think he gets packaged for a pitcher at the deadline.

As much as T Austin has impressed me, it’s still Bird’s gig. Potential is through the roof. Austin will get his opportunities though, hitting lefties.

Drury should be the odd man out. Andujar looks legit. His ABs are all quality.

Its a good problem to have, I really hope they don’t get too cute with stuff. 

I agree. Having an abundance of talent and options is far better than frittering it away and suddenly coming  up short.

Funny story - I really wasnt following the NYY closely the past 1.5 years. I was catching the headlines and checking the standings to see where we stood - but I really didnt tune in until the end of last year when things were getting interesting. In any case, I read an article in the NYPost and they mentioned some guy named Frazier - and had a picture of him - with long red hair. I'd never heard nor seen the guy. So I text my Brother In Law (who follows them closely) and ask: "Who's this guy Frazier?" - and he comes back: "Dont let anybody know you asked me that....cause he was a central player in the CLE trade"

So apparently the team wanted this guy pretty badly. So - I about educating myself on him and reach the same point you mention above: DONT TRADE THIS GUY! :) At the time - all the chatter was we were gonna swap him for Cole - which in hindsight might not have been a bad deal given Frazier's situation and our pitching staff......but I'd really like this kid to get some extended field time and (like you) see him as an outfielder for us next year when Ellsbury and Gardner will probably both be gone.

We shall see....

4 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

I’m thinking we’re going after Michael Fulmer.

Headlined by Florial or Frazier. Do whatever you can to keep Sheffield.

Dont know Florial. Whats his first name so I can read up on him.

Sheffield is a pitcher right?

10 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dont know Florial. Whats his first name so I can read up on him.

Sheffield is a pitcher right?

Estevan. High upside, very highly thought of , strikes out a ton. 19-20 I’m pretty sure .

Sheffield is a pitcher. We got him with Clint Frazier for Miller.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-27-prospects-new-york-yankees/

here’s a good rundown of our guys. Fangraphs is a great site to learn about different things. Chats are fun to read 

1 minute ago, pollino14 said:

Estevan. High upside, very highly thought of , strikes out a ton. 19-20 I’m pretty sure .

Sheffield is a pitcher. We got him with Clint Frazier for Miller.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/top-27-prospects-new-york-yankees/

here’s a good rundown of our guys. Fangraphs is a great site to learn about different things. Chats are fun to read 

Great. Thanks for the website.

Ha! Sheffield came with Frazier in the trade with the Indians? No wonder I dont know him! 

2 hours ago, Leader said:

In another NYPost article I read yesterday it indicated that on this winning streak Stanton is averaging .303

So - he's getting there........

If we EVER get hitters 2-5/6 hitting consistently? Thats gonna power in alot of runs.

We don’t need them all to be hot at the same time. If 2 or 3 of them are we are good.

39 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

We don’t need them all to be hot at the same time. If 2 or 3 of them are we are good.

This is true and the odds of them all crushing the ball at the same time.......well, I wouldnt wager large sums of cash on it. I was just saying - what if they all were producing with consistency.