Official Yankees Thread

mission27

1 hour ago, Leader said:

As in his production is crashing (?) - we need to consider trading him for a pitcher (?) - or what? 

A decision is gonna need to be made about him and Clint Frazier. If Gardner continues to play like he’s been and Frazier lights up the minors there’s gotta be a breaking point. Ik Gardner plays significantly better D but that prob ain’t enough 

4 hours ago, pollino14 said:

A decision is gonna need to be made about him and Clint Frazier. If Gardner continues to play like he’s been and Frazier lights up the minors there’s gotta be a breaking point. Ik Gardner plays significantly better D but that prob ain’t enough 

I'm not sweating Gardner long term. He's in a slump at the moment. They sat him for tonights game - probably a good thing.

Frazier's played in 39 games for the NYY and had 134AB's (none of which I've seen.....) so - I question if Frazier can replace Gardner right now. He's not played at all yet this year. 

13 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm not sweating Gardner long term. He's in a slump at the moment. They sat him for tonights game - probably a good thing.

Frazier's played in 39 games for the NYY and had 134AB's (none of which I've seen.....) so - I question if Frazier can replace Gardner right now. He's not played at all yet this year. 

He’s rough around the edges but he’s an electric player who makes things happen. Ball jumps off his bat.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

He’s rough around the edges but he’s an electric player who makes things happen. Ball jumps off his bat.

Then lets hang on to him. Best I can see he's the next man up in the OF once we get rid of Ellsbury - or should one of our current starters get injured. Billy McKinney's a nice guy, but I'm not sure what kind of "pop" his bat will produce. Ellsbury should probably just go home for all the help he's given us. That was a loser trade for sure. 

3 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Really getting sick of Gary missing or not being able to block balls. Happens wayyyy too frequently 

Didnt realize they were playing a day game. Check in and see we pulled out another victory. This isnt all too bad :)

Sanchez is a big dude and his lateral movement isnt top notch. I forget his story entirely, but didnt we kinda force him to become a catcher? Dont remember - but his defense was always the "thing" about him. Probably always will be.......

Mr. Torres had a nice day with 3 RBI.

7 hours ago, pollino14 said:

Really getting sick of Gary missing or not being able to block balls. Happens wayyyy too frequently 

Yeah but when you have a hose like he does that eliminates a run game, and obviously his bat i really don’t care. Yeah it’ll suck when in it happens, but whatever 

22 hours ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Yeah but when you have a hose like he does that eliminates a run game, and obviously his bat i really don’t care. Yeah it’ll suck when in it happens, but whatever 

It’s like every flipping game with Sanchez. He has a cannon for sure, but he’s costing us some huge runs 

56 minutes ago, pollino14 said:

It’s like every flipping game with Sanchez. He has a cannon for sure, but he’s costing us some huge runs 

Yeah - I was monitoring the game on ESPN Gamecast so I didnt see anything. You referring to the wild pitches in the 9th? I was wondering what they looked like as they allowed CLE to tie the game. Glad we came back and closed it out in the bottom of the 9th so we didnt start the homestand with an extended adventure.

Torres is feeling it eh?

7 hours ago, Leader said:

Yeah - I was monitoring the game on ESPN Gamecast so I didnt see anything. You referring to the wild pitches in the 9th? I was wondering what they looked like as they allowed CLE to tie the game. Glad we came back and closed it out in the bottom of the 9th so we didnt start the homestand with an extended adventure.

Torres is feeling it eh?

Ya, it’s bothering me a lot more this year than it did last year. It’s like every other day.

1 hour ago, pollino14 said:

Ya, it’s bothering me a lot more this year than it did last year. It’s like every other day.

I saw one of them last night on replays of the game.....where Chapman smoked a high heater that went "over" Sanchez and tipped off his glove. I cant recall if that was the first or second called wild pitch of that inning - probably the last which allowed CLE to tie the game - so, I didnt see the other one.

Could he have gotten up there to snag it? Probably - but here's the deal and I dont see any way we're gonna get around it: Sanchez is just a BIG DUDE. Bigger than say......Brian McCann - or some other guys? I cant say - but I dont see him ever being what you'd call "nimble" back there - and possibly - just possibly - he's got a tad of lazy in him that combined with SIZE - results in these "almost made" plays. Add on edit: plus this was ninth inning stuff - so fatigue plays in more.

I see first base in his future - although thought of him running around the infield on D has its troubling moments - if he intends on a long career. He's only gonna get BIGGER (read: heavier) and slower (as his knees start creaking) with age. First base or DH. I cant compare his arm against Romine - but I've no doubt Romine's the better defensive catcher.

Sanchez = his bat. We're just gonna have to live (and maybe sometimes) die with that.

Edited by Leader

13 hours ago, Leader said:

I saw one of them last night on replays of the game.....where Chapman smoked a high heater that went "over" Sanchez and tipped off his glove. I cant recall if that was the first or second called wild pitch of that inning - probably the last which allowed CLE to tie the game - so, I didnt see the other one.

Could he have gotten up there to snag it? Probably - but here's the deal and I dont see any way we're gonna get around it: Sanchez is just a BIG DUDE. Bigger than say......Brian McCann - or some other guys? I cant say - but I dont see him ever being what you'd call "nimble" back there - and possibly - just possibly - he's got a tad of lazy in him that combined with SIZE - results in these "almost made" plays. Add on edit: plus this was ninth inning stuff - so fatigue plays in more.

I see first base in his future - although thought of him running around the infield on D has its troubling moments - if he intends on a long career. He's only gonna get BIGGER (read: heavier) and slower (as his knees start creaking) with age. First base or DH. I cant compare his arm against Romine - but I've no doubt Romine's the better defensive catcher.

Sanchez = his bat. We're just gonna have to live (and maybe sometimes) die with that.

His glove actually never got to it. It hit the ump's mask. I couldn't tell if Chapman was way off the mark or if it was a miscommunication. It seemed Sanchez thought the ball was coming low, but Chapman threw a 100+ mph fastball high.

7 hours ago, jrry32 said:

His glove actually never got to it. It hit the ump's mask. I couldn't tell if Chapman was way off the mark or if it was a miscommunication. It seemed Sanchez thought the ball was coming low, but Chapman threw a 100+ mph fastball high.

Yeah - it was definitely high heat. I only saw it once and didnt note Sanchez's set up. It is what it is. Probably more Chapman's fault here than anybody.

Another win.....14+1 and a game back from BOS. Thats quite a turnaround from 9+9 and sliding back in the division. Hopefully we can hold serve today and close out CLE with a sweep to get ready for the battle for first place starting Tuesday.

that PB was all chapman, think the announcers just got confused by his reaction. Gary wanted it low & away, Chap was wild the whole inning & threw high heat. no chance to react

Hope Clint gets a call up soon, continue the youth movement. Love Gardy & he is a huge part of that clubhouse but I don't think he is here after the contract is up after the season