Washington Commanders 2022 Undrafted Free Agent Tracker

1 hour ago, aceinthehouse said:

They were also both picked in the 1st round...at pick #16. 😁

I still can’t believe that Marty Schottenheimer took 50/50 Rod Gardner over Santana Moss in the 2001 draft, what an awful Decision! I was so upset with that selection & I’ll never get over it. We should’ve had Moss & Laverneus  Coles together. 

Marty also passed on Drew Brees with his first round pick in 2001 draft. I know a lot of people didn’t think that Brees should’ve gone top 20, but I was such a huge fan of his at Purdue, I wanted us to draft Santana Moss or Drew Brees with our first round pick in the 01 draft and was mad Marty didn’t! 

It still ticks me off 21 years later! Haha 😂 

Meme Reaction GIF by reactionseditor

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I still can’t believe that Marty Schottenheimer took 50/50 Rod Gardner over Santana Moss in the 2001 draft, what an awful Decision! I was so upset with that selection & I’ll never get over it. We should’ve had Moss & Laverneus  Coles together. 

I was curious if it existed and found this:

https://www.espn.com/melkiper/s/2001/0330/1164683.html 

7. Rod Gardner, WR, Clemson -- One of the fastest risers in recent weeks, enjoying an excellent individual workout that saw Gardner run under 4.5. He's big, has Cris Carter-type natural pass-receiving skills, and his performances in the ACC over the last two years were outstanding. Drafted by Washington, first round (15th)

8. David Terrell, WR, Michigan -- He ran in the 4.45 range and the stress fracture in his foot from last August doesn't figure to negatively affect his draft position. With his skill level, he's back in the top 10. Drafted by Chicago, first round (8th)

9. Leonard Davis, OT, Texas -- With his huge frame and the improvement he's shown as a pass-blocker, Davis is still battling Florida's Kenyatta Walker to see who will end up being the first OT taken off the board. Drafted by Arizona, first round (2nd)

10. Deuce McAllister, RB, Mississippi -- Due to injury concerns, McAllister has lost some ground recently, but I still believe he has the ability to rank as a top-drawer, all-purpose feature back in the NFL. Drafted by New Orleans, first round (23rd)

11. LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, TCU -- I've had Tomlinson in the top 25 all year and even had him as high as No. 3 with the senior prospects. After a very productive career, followed by strong performances at the Senior Bowl practices, combine and individual workout, it's easy to see why he's viewed as a possibility for the Cleveland Browns who own the third pick overall. Drafted by San Diego, first round (5th)

12. Andre Carter, DE, California -- Reliable, hard-working football player with the ideal approach. Drafted by San Francisco, first round (7th)

13. Todd Heap, TE, Arizona State -- Not many teams in the top 20 or so are looking closely at a TE as their major priority, which is why Heap could slide down a little further than my rating indicates, despite his impressive talent. Drafted by Baltimore, first round (31st)

14. Richard Seymour, DT, Georgia -- Could figure a little higher if the run on DTs begins in the 10-15 area. Drafted by New England, first round (6th)

15. Dan Morgan, MLB, Miami (Fla.) -- With the LB position so weak this year, both at the MLB spot as well as on the outside, a true warrior like Morgan figures to be taken off the board around the midpoint of round one. By the way, he now has his weight up to 247 pounds. Drafted by Carolina, first round (11th)

16. Santana Moss, WR, Miami (Fla.) -- He's a dynamic play-maker but his lack of ideal size may allow some of the bigger wide-outs to move slightly ahead of Moss on the draft board. Drafted by NY Jets, first round (16th)

On 5/13/2022 at 8:04 AM, MikeT14 said:

I was curious if it existed and found this:

https://www.espn.com/melkiper/s/2001/0330/1164683.html 

😂 Mel Kiper. “Natural pass-receiving skills like Chris Carter!!!” Wtf was he watching? 😂 

Ugh, I was not happy we didn’t take Moss. I was at WVU when Moss was at U of Miami, he was so explosive, so uncover-able, I didn’t care about his size he could play. Also, as I said I was a Drew Brees lover and would’ve loved the pick if Marty had taken Brees to develop for a year or two before starting him.

Looking at it though, what a great draft that was! Pro bowlers even in the teens! What a great draft.

Edited by turtle28

5 hours ago, RSkinGM said:

One of those guys with great measureables but little college production in a very minor college conference . 

HBCU. Virginia State University is the first HBCU that was founded in the USA on March 6, 1882. I would bet this is a guy that Doug Williams found in the way he scouted/found Anthony Lanier for us 6 years ago.