The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

31 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Gotta let it all play out with Majors. His lawyer is obviously going to say what he needs to in order to turn public perception.

Plus it'll look extra ****ty if he's claiming to be turning over video that will exonerate him. I'd judge Marvel more if they acted too quickly and it came out he was innocent.

You have to wait and see what the evidence is.

I think I have found myself more or less losing my interest in these. I will always come back to a Batman, Spider-Man, etc. but all the recent TV shows that have come out, and the last two Marvel movies I haven't seen yet. I think my last show was Loki and I watched Thor 4 and it was awful. Might be hitting a little fatigue. 

My wife wants to watch BP2 as well so we just haven't gotten around to it. 

• Like 2

Vanity Fair released their article on Secret Invasion. 

There are a few more tweets. Basically a Cold War style thriller with Skrull infiltrating government at different levels. And Emilia Clarke's character is now confirmed, and it's not who you think it is, most likely. Or at least not the most common ones.

Chris Hemsworth is said to be taking a huge step back from Hollywood film roles after discovering he is genetically predisposed to Alzheimer's disease.

The Australian actor, 39, isn't planning on retiring anytime soon, but is slowing down.

Hemsworth currently has four projects in the works - including an upcoming Avengers sequel where he returns as his character Thor, and an untitled biopic about wrestling icon Hulk Hogan.

However, a source told Page Six his schedule is looking clear beyond these films.

'He doesn't plan to take on many roles because of [learning about his high risk for] Alzheimer's,' an insider told the the publication. 

Probably doesn't deserve its own thread. But it does share that Thor is coming back; my guess is in Kang Dynasty. It does make me wonder though if they'll expedite his MCU departure because of this.

11 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Probably doesn't deserve its own thread. But it does share that Thor is coming back; my guess is in Kang Dynasty. It does make me wonder though if they'll expedite his MCU departure because of this.

That’s terrible. Hopefully he doesn’t get it for many years.

In regards to the MCU, this won’t change any plans, unless Hemsworth is retiring from acting. He may be more likely to get Alzheimer’s, but most people develop in their late sixties and hopefully it’s much later than that for him as well. I don’t think we were looking at many more appearances for Hemsworth anyway as the phase 1 avengers retire and eventually get recast in the new universe.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, The Gnat said:

Interesting, I wonder what character she might be playing?

Only roles I’ve seen thrown out there are Lilith, either the Daughter of Dracula or the mother of demons (recently the villain in the Midnight Suns game). There have been rumors of Dracula showing up.

Or Spitfire, who’s the daughter of Union Jack in the comics and was bitten by her uncle, Baron Blood. Olivia Colman is potentially playing a version of Union Jack in Secret Invasion, in the MCU the granddaughter to the Howling Commando Falsworth we met in the first Cap movie. Goth looks wise could very much play the daughter of Colman, so could see it. Would probably mean her brother would take up the mantle from his mom as the 2nd Union Jack (or more if Olivia isn’t the first)

21 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Mia Goth cast in Blade.

Early rumors/speculation is she’ll play Lilith, daughter of Dracula.

Nice. She was great in Pearl and I have no doubt they have something special cooked up for her after her performance in that movie.

• Like 1