The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Robert Downey Jr. cast as Doctor Doom

Acgott

15 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Agreed, and I think the same. Just not sure if they are going to do it with IM, Cap

I think that Cap is unlikely at least for a while. With Cap you can always dust a new version of Cap from the ice when you want to. But for now they're going to stick with Sam Wilson as Captain America, which I'm cool with that, besides a kind of meh Falcon and the Winter Soldier, he's been good and he was even good in that. 

Iron Man is another one that they can wait on as well. Mainly because his origin doesn't need to be tied to anything in particular. If they need to bring in a new Iron Man or want to at some point in time, easy enough for a new Tony Stark or someone else to build a suit from a box of scraps and go from there.

6 hours ago, The Gnat said:

I think that Cap is unlikely at least for a while. With Cap you can always dust a new version of Cap from the ice when you want to. But for now they're going to stick with Sam Wilson as Captain America, which I'm cool with that, besides a kind of meh Falcon and the Winter Soldier, he's been good and he was even good in that. 

Iron Man is another one that they can wait on as well. Mainly because his origin doesn't need to be tied to anything in particular. If they need to bring in a new Iron Man or want to at some point in time, easy enough for a new Tony Stark or someone else to build a suit from a box of scraps and go from there.

But how long do you wait? In this post secret wars universe, do the Avengers just form without Iron Man?  While you can do a lot of stories without him, the MCU made him one of the biggest comic book characters. The Avengers don’t hold the same weight without him.

Two pieces of rumor/news both with Giancarlo Esposito:

Firstly that he's teased there might be a show around his character and that we'll find it out sooner rather than later.

Secondly there is a rumor that his character will be in Captain America: Brave New World.

I'm really hoping for Dr Doom.

1 hour ago, The Gnat said:

Two pieces of rumor/news both with Giancarlo Esposito:

Firstly that he's teased there might be a show around his character and that we'll find it out sooner rather than later.

Secondly there is a rumor that his character will be in Captain America: Brave New World.

I'm really hoping for Dr Doom.

He has the gravitas, but he's too old to be Doom.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

I think he'd be fine in the role for a while. He is older than Pedro Pascal, but they don't need to be the same age.

Some rumors around about multiple people being a Kang, so he could be a Kang variant as well.

30 minutes ago, The Gnat said:

I think he'd be fine in the role for a while. He is older than Pedro Pascal, but they don't need to be the same age.

Some rumors around about multiple people being a Kang, so he could be a Kang variant as well.

He'll be 67 by the time F4 comes out. Too old for a recurring main villain, especially in a superhero franchise.

58 minutes ago, Mox said:

I’ve been a fan since Do The Right Thing but I don’t see it either.  He was totally miscast as Moff Gideon in The Mandalorian too. Don’t make the same mistake twice, Disney. 

Ben Mendelsohn has said he wants to play Doom. They should just let him. He's a good actor, and combine that with an unprompted plea to play him is good enough for me. I don't care that he is already in the MCU.

9 hours ago, Acgott said:

Both New Rockstars and Screencrush have speculated that Giancarlo Esposito will play Henry Gyrich with a little discussion about him playing Boliver Trask.

Him playing an X-men antagonist character in a movie that’s supposedly in part about the larger discovery of Adamantium makes sense

12 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Him playing an X-men antagonist character in a movie that’s supposedly in part about the larger discovery of Adamantium makes sense

Even without his X-men connections, he has been a major throne for the Avengers. I could see scenarios where he goes against de Fontaine and her thunderbolts or is her boss.

Whoever he is playing, please let that character have some different personality traits from every character he's played since, and including, Gus Fring. Let Giancarlo play another character like Buggin' Out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...