The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

38 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

So choosing not to believe Daredevil is in the same universe is fine, but when I said I don’t consider Norton’s hulk part of the MCU outpost disagreed. 

The difference is that the same character from The Incredible Hulk appears in every major MCU crossover movie, and the ones he doesn't appear in, William Hurt appears in as the same character.

Has there been a single character from the Netflix series to even be mentioned in the movies? 

They literally cast a villain from Luke Cage as Blade.  Lol. 

Edit: I'm not saying they didn't PLAN for the Netflix shows to be connected.  Clearly they did.  Now?  That's shifted.  That's no longer the plan.  Obviously to anybody who looks at it objectively. 

Edited by Outpost31

If any of the Netflix characters ever appear in the MCU movies, they'll be more lighthearted and much less dark. 

There's already a precedent set for that in the comics with the Mark Waid run.  Waid's run wasn't anywhere near as dark as some of the other Daredevil runs and makes him appear more in the same light as characters such as Iron Man, Captain America, Black Panther, etc.  If we ever see a Daredevil in the MCU movies, I would bet it would be in that type of form.

I would love to see Jessica Fox and Daredevil in the MCU movies, especially if they used the same actors.  Both Krysten Ritter and Charlie Cox were amazing.  Obviously, Jessica Jones would be much less dark if she appeared in a MCU movie.

There are rumors that Daredevil may appear in the next Spider-Man movie.  Hope that's true.

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

The difference is that the same character from The Incredible Hulk appears in every major MCU crossover movie, and the ones he doesn't appear in, William Hurt appears in as the same character.

Has there been a single character from the Netflix series to even be mentioned in the movies? 

They literally cast a villain from Luke Cage as Blade.  Lol. 

Edit: I'm not saying they didn't PLAN for the Netflix shows to be connected.  Clearly they did.  Now?  That's shifted.  That's no longer the plan.  Obviously to anybody who looks at it objectively. 

The point I was making with The Incredible Hulk is that you were using changing actors as a sign that the show wouldn't be connected to the movies if they recast the character. That happened with Hulk and yet The Incredible Hulk is part of MCU.

You are obviously just going to be thick about this, but I'm done. The shows were built around the movies in many ways, yet you continue to ignore that. That's all it takes to be part of the same universe, but continue just spouting the same thing. Clearly your opinion is better than fact.

2 minutes ago, skywlker32 said:

The point I was making with The Incredible Hulk is that you were using changing actors as a sign that the show wouldn't be connected to the movies if they recast the character. That happened with Hulk and yet The Incredible Hulk is part of MCU.

You are obviously just going to be thick about this, but I'm done. The shows were built around the movies in many ways, yet you continue to ignore that. That's all it takes to be part of the same universe, but continue just spouting the same thing. Clearly your opinion is better than fact.

I think they're the same universe in terms of them being Marvel characters with involvement of similar people (Stan Lee and others).

I think the biggest thing is that the MCU movies and future shows on Disney+ are suitable for the entire family.  The Netflix stuff is not suitable for a kid to watch, thus it's not suitable for the entire family.  So for example, I don't think we'd ever see Jessica Jones Netflix show on Disney+ along with all the other MCU movies and shows.

13 minutes ago, showtime said:

I think they're the same universe in terms of them being Marvel characters with involvement of similar people (Stan Lee and others).

I think the biggest thing is that the MCU movies and future shows on Disney+ are suitable for the entire family.  The Netflix stuff is not suitable for a kid to watch, thus it's not suitable for the entire family.  So for example, I don't think we'd ever see Jessica Jones Netflix show on Disney+ along with all the other MCU movies and shows.

That doesn't mean they aren't in the same universe, they are just different tones. Most of the basis of the first Daredevil season is New York in the aftermath of the first Avengers movie. I don't know how you can remotely say they aren't in the same universe (MCU) if the show is built around the movie.

1 minute ago, skywlker32 said:

That doesn't mean they aren't in the same universe, they are just different tones. Most of the basis of the first Daredevil season is New York in the aftermath of the first Avengers movie. I don't know how you can remotely say they aren't in the same universe (MCU) if the show is built around the movie.

I've already acknowledged that the shows make reference to the movies several times, but not the other way around.  There's no reference of any characters or events that happen in the shows in the movies, that I'm aware of.

I think they're in the same Marvel Universe, so the same big umbrella, but to me they're clearly separated and it's done that way for a reason.  What that reason is, I'm not sure. 

• Like 1

Why is this an argument? It's a fact that they exist in the same universe. 

Image result for daredevil avengers newspaper

Or is this more of the "80% of high school seniors can't differentiate fact from opinion" nonsense we are seeing today? If you don't want them to be in the same universe, pretend they aren't. Star Wars fans do that plenty.

Edited by Bullet Club

55 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Why is this an argument? It's a fact that they exist in the same universe. 

Image result for daredevil avengers newspaper

Or is this more of the "80% of high school seniors can't differentiate fact from opinion" nonsense we are seeing today? If you don't want them to be in the same universe, pretend they aren't. Star Wars fans do that plenty.

What show/movie is that scene from and what is the picture itself referencing?

Just now, showtime said:

What show/movie is that scene from and what is the picture itself referencing?

It's from the Marvel/Netflix Daredevil series. It's referencing the Battle of New York from the first Avengers.

1 minute ago, D82 said:

It's from the Marvel/Netflix Daredevil series. It's referencing the Battle of New York from the first Avengers.

Thanks.

I've already said more than once that there are references of the movies within the shows.  However, there aren't any references of the characters or events from the Netflix shows in the movies.

5 minutes ago, showtime said:

Thanks.

I've already said more than once that there are references of the movies within the shows.  However, there aren't any references of the characters or events from the Netflix shows in the movies.

They can’t seem to understand this and that’s my entire point.  They will NEVER be referenced in the movies.  Ever.  And once Marvel wants Daredevil, they’re going to recast.  So regardless of what they’ve said, they’re not connected.  Lots of people are going to be really disappointed when they find that out.

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

They can’t seem to understand this and that’s my entire point.  They will NEVER be referenced in the movies.  Ever.  And once Marvel wants Daredevil, they’re going to recast.  So regardless of what they’ve said, they’re not connected.  Lots of people are going to be really disappointed when they find that out.

I agree with your stance, for the most part.  Why do you think they are separated?  I threw out the theory that the Netflix stuff is not family orientated because it's not suitable for children and probably even teenagers.  All of the MCU movies are suitable for everyone to watch and enjoy.

Children and teenagers are a MASSIVE part of the fan base of this genre, so the fact that the Netflix stuff isn't suitable for them makes me feel like they separated those events on purpose.

And that's why you don't see any reference of the stuff from the shows (for adults) within any of the movies (viewed by kids and teenagers).  That's just a random theory I've come up with haha.

As far as re-casting, I could understand why they would do it.  Not having Charlie Cox as Daredevil would suck, though.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, showtime said:

I agree with your stance, for the most part.  Why do you think they are separated?  I threw out the theory that the Netflix stuff is not family orientated because it's not suitable for children and probably even teenagers.  All of the MCU movies are suitable for everyone to watch and enjoy.

Children and teenagers are a MASSIVE part of the fan base of this genre, so the fact that the Netflix stuff isn't suitable for them makes me feel like they separated those events on purpose.

And that's why you don't see any reference of the stuff from the shows (for adults) within any of the movies (viewed by kids and teenagers).  That's just a random theory I've come up with haha.

As far as re-casting, I could understand why they would do it.  Not having Charlie Cox as Daredevil would suck, though.

Honestly I think it was to see reception.  I think Marvel allowed it in order to gauge interest in the character and to change its perception based on the Affleck version.  They said it was connected in order to generate interest because it is, after all, about money.  Hollywood does this all the time.  They’ll make something they know is inferior in order to generate interest and such.  

It’s why you saw less and less references as all the shows went on.  They had a deal with Netflix, Netflix was gaining viewers because of it so they were allowed to keep going.  

You don’t say, “There’s no connection,” even if you know there’s no connection.  

• Like 1

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast