The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

5 minutes ago, Acgott said:

They will move from their starting roles to more special guest roles. Maybe one will become director of shield, the other goes to sword. Bunch of ways they will get reacquainted without them starring.

Ah, okay that makes more sense.  That would be cool to see, actually.  I was thinking the MCU would continue to revolve around Iron Man and Captain America, which I do not want anymore. 

Just now, showtime said:

Ah, okay that makes more sense.  That would be cool to see, actually.  I was thinking the MCU would continue to revolve around Iron Man and Captain America, which I do not want anymore. 

The other characters will shine to keep it fresh, it’s why Thor is joined the Guardians. Iron Man and Cap are just too big to bench forever. 

Bringing Iron Man back is literally not even remotely difficult.

In a movie that dealt with multiple timelines/universes, there are ten billion ways to do it there alone.

Additionally, it's not like Tony Stark got burnt to a crisp or blew up.  His body was intact, so there are ten thousand "faked death" ways to go, with prequel movies explaining any possible motivation.

There's also the hologram angle. 

What would be really cool would be bringing him back as a hologram only to have a "Pay no mind to the man behind the curtain" moment revealing it is actually him.

I don't think anybody expects Chris Evans or RDJ to be done with the MCU.  They've just taken a break. 

When in 10 - 15 years this comes to a conclusion and ends the MCU as we know it, they are going to be back for the final fight against Galactus.  THEN they can die. 

On 5/2/2020 at 10:05 AM, Outpost31 said:

I don't think anybody expects Chris Evans or RDJ to be done with the MCU.  They've just taken a break. 

From the interviews i've read of Chris Evans, he's done.

RDJ though, it seemed like he loved it.  I liked the ending of End Game, but it was sad.  Because you could see a way to keep Iron Man going for another 10-15 years, easy.  

2 hours ago, theJ said:

RDJ though, it seemed like he loved it.  I liked the ending of End Game, but it was sad.  Because you could see a way to keep Iron Man going for another 10-15 years, easy.  

Yeah, I kinda feel like killing Cap and letting Tony continue on would have been a better way, but I also don’t hate what they did.

They can always have Tony come back as some form of AI. 

1 hour ago, theJ said:

Quickest way to confirm someone is coming back to something is for them to say they're done with that something.

Chris Evans is 100% coming back at some point and it is going to be kept a secret and it is going to be awesome. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Quickest way to confirm someone is coming back to something is for them to say they're done with that something.

Chris Evans is 100% coming back at some point and it is going to be kept a secret and it is going to be awesome. 

When he shows up in Infinity War and emerges from the shadows it was pretty damn awesome, I can't even imagine how cool it would be if they could make bringing him back again at some point to save the day work again, but unexpected.  All they really have to say is that it was part of his travels of returning the stones, and he knew he was needed then.  It could be a one off appearance or it could be a whole re-introduction.

• Like 1

The one positive of Black Widow getting pushed back is that it creates an even bigger MCU gap since the last one before they ramp up the next phase.  Honestly, i'm primed for the next step of the MCU and the extra time off might bring back more casuals since they haven't been inundated by it for a while.  As of now, here is the known and tentatively known schedule once it ramps back up:

August 2020: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
November 6, 2020: Black Widow
December 2020: Wandavision
February 12, 2021: The Eternals
Spring 2021: Loki
May 7, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
November 5, 2021: Spider-Man 3 (i'm sure the word Home will somehow be integrated into the title)
February 11, 2022: Thor: Love and Thunder
Early 2022: Hawkeye
March 25, 2022: Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

I don't know if Covid will push back The Falcon and the Winter Soldier at all, I think they were done shooting, so it's not impossible that the post process has moved forward.  Given how close Thor 4 and Dr Strange 2 are scheduled to each other right now, I almost wonder if they don't tie together somehow.  That's only about 6-7 weeks between movies.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

When he shows up in Infinity War and emerges from the shadows it was pretty damn awesome, I can't even imagine how cool it would be if they could make bringing him back again at some point to save the day work again, but unexpected.  All they really have to say is that it was part of his travels of returning the stones, and he knew he was needed then.  It could be a one off appearance or it could be a whole re-introduction.

Yep, it is not difficult at all to bring him back.  It's actually harder to NOT bring him back than it is to bring him back. 

In order for him to have aged as much as he did, he had to have lived a LOT longer than was suggested.  Captain America ages significantly slower than others, so he did not just return the stones and then live a life with Peggy. 

https://www.hindustantimes.com/hollywood/chris-evans-could-return-as-steve-rogers-if-the-two-captain-americas-theory-is-true-here-s-proof-it-is/story-IpGCZMQ8nDarhPz5RFGwzJ.html

Two Captain Americas is real I think. 

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I won't rule it out.  He just sounded like a guy who was over it all.  

5 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't know if Covid will push back The Falcon and the Winter Soldier at all, I think they were done shooting, so it's not impossible that the post process has moved forward.  Given how close Thor 4 and Dr Strange 2 are scheduled to each other right now, I almost wonder if they don't tie together somehow.  That's only about 6-7 weeks between movies.

I think it's likely it's pushed back too, likely because it ties into the movies somehow.

Just now, theJ said:

I won't rule it out.  He just sounded like a guy who was over it all.  

Give it a few years, give him a little breathing room, and then say, "Hey, here is $25 million."  Either that, or offer him a chance to direct.

Just now, THE DUKE said:

Give it a few years, give him a little breathing room, and then say, "Hey, here is $25 million."  Either that, or offer him a chance to direct.

Yeah that's why i won't rule it out.  Time changes a lot of things.

Just now, theJ said:

I think it's likely it's pushed back too, likely because it ties into the movies somehow.

Depends on if it ties into Black Widow or not.  If it's a tie in other than that, it was scheduled to be first anyway.  If it's BW dependent, then yeah, it'll have to wait.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast