The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

10 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

It peaked and peaked mightily. The recent Spiderman news wrecks any momentum they had for continuing the Avenger's storyline.

That's exactly what I was referring to.  It's terrible.  I'm not even a comic fan or huge on any particular character, I am just in love with what Disney was able to do with this MCU.  Now I feel like it has been killed due to greed and delusions of grandeur. 

I have never before in my life hated a studio so much.  I have never been one to actively boycott movies.  There are movies that I thought looked stupid that I just don't watch, but now I'm at a point where I am going to not only refuse to pay to see movies Sony puts out, but I am going to refuse to even watch them on principle. 

I just feel bad for Holland and the whole creative team behind Peter Parker's character and involvement in this. 

On top of Spider-Man being gone, their slate moving forward is extremely lacking. 

It's almost got me wishing they would just start up a new Mutant universe that's not connected to these past 20-ish movies.  All of it seems tainted now and I can't even watch Far From Home since it's clear they had a plan for it moving forward that they will not be able to do. 

Very depressing, and I can't imagine how depressing it must be for huge Spider-Man fans or mega fans of the MCU. 

1 hour ago, thrILL! said:

No they don’t.  Sony does hence Into The Spider-Verse

Marvel owns his rights given he was created long before Sony bought spiderman's rights. 

Marvel probably let them use him in that movie thanks to the sony deal. 

6 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

That's exactly what I was referring to.  It's terrible.  I'm not even a comic fan or huge on any particular character, I am just in love with what Disney was able to do with this MCU.  Now I feel like it has been killed due to greed and delusions of grandeur. 

I have never before in my life hated a studio so much.  I have never been one to actively boycott movies.  There are movies that I thought looked stupid that I just don't watch, but now I'm at a point where I am going to not only refuse to pay to see movies Sony puts out, but I am going to refuse to even watch them on principle. 

I just feel bad for Holland and the whole creative team behind Peter Parker's character and involvement in this. 

On top of Spider-Man being gone, their slate moving forward is extremely lacking. 

It's almost got me wishing they would just start up a new Mutant universe that's not connected to these past 20-ish movies.  All of it seems tainted now and I can't even watch Far From Home since it's clear they had a plan for it moving forward that they will not be able to do. 

Very depressing, and I can't imagine how depressing it must be for huge Spider-Man fans or mega fans of the MCU. 

Marvel will gain the film rights to Spider-Man again. Pete is still technically in HS and was just outed, right? I'm sure that once they bring him back, they can come up with a logical storyline as to why he's been MIA from the larger MCU for *insert however many number of years*, and come back with an older Holland. 

Phase 4 seems to be focusing more so on the "cosmic" realm and off-Earth stuff anyway, so not a big deal for me to not have Parker involved at this point.

36 minutes ago, D82 said:

Marvel will gain the film rights to Spider-Man again. Pete is still technically in HS and was just outed, right? I'm sure that once they bring him back, they can come up with a logical storyline as to why he's been MIA from the larger MCU for *insert however many number of years*, and come back with an older Holland. 

Considering that Marvel catastrophically screwed up Peter's outing in the comics leading to the most hated Spider-Man storyline in history (One More Day) and drove away endless Spider-Man fans, I shudder to think how they deal with this in the movies.  At least the story in Civil War had some gravitas.  The way it happened in FFH was just spite by Mysterio.

6 minutes ago, Acgott said:

If she can destroy a stone, she can create one. She can also just change reality 

You would think so but Marvel greatly powered her down.  Everything the Reality Stone can do, she can do.  She could have turned Thanos into peanut butter if she wanted to.  Instead they limited her to shooting red concussive blasts and flying.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast