The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast

Acgott

49 minutes ago, Bullet Club said:

Not necessarily. If Secret Wars is one movie there is a finite amount of time to spend on things. Wasting it on throwaway characters would be a mismanagement of that time.

I'm extremely curious how they handle it. I've heard it speculated The Kang Dynasty is Part 1 and Secret Wars is part 2. I've heard it speculated that they will deal with mostly separate rosters for those two movies. I've heard it speculated that Secret Wars ends Phase 6 but will have sequel installments in the next Phase. 

Yeah, I think they are probably really just Secret Wars part 1 and 2. MCU likes to do their own things with events and it’s made sense since we knew he was coming to slide Kang into a prominent role for that event.

My guesses right now would be Kang Dynasty ends with Doom taking him out, and then chaos as a new reality is formed, Doom now in control.

Or Kang Dynasty leads us to the final Kang variant, who then seeks to break the multiverse again to his will as He Who Remains did. And Secret Wars is them all together on Battleworld fighting to stop him . And again I think Doom takes him out. I’ve said it before but having Doom take down Kang, only for him to rewrite reality to his own design would be a cool ending. And really cement his place as one of the best antagonists the MCU has had.

I think the goal with all the teams is to give the widest audience an in no matter who is on the screen. Not everyone watches all these movies, but they usually like at least one group of characters. 
So you can have shuffled groups of like 6-7 made up of Guardians, Avengers, Young Avengers, Midnight Sons, Fantastic, maybe the X-men, etc and everyone has at least one tether to that group. And yeah if it is mostly a part 1 & 2 they can shift how much focus each gets.

Im hoping we get a Battleworld show that summer (preferably not animated) to see what some of the groups do, the factions that are formed. The 2015 one is how I kinda picture Battleworld looking in SW. maybe KD one looks more like the original one and it kinda looks like Kang’s place that has stuff across time. And you realize that’s at the end of time and where they were at the end of Loki is kinda the same thing? Just thinking of MCU simplifications they do.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Acgott said:

Really enjoyed Shang-chi and seeing his approach in BTS stuff. Definitely one of the directors from their pool who could take one of those on.

I guess maybe that means he won’t be directing Shang-chi 2? Though I believe that was confirmed.

Maybe he does it back to back and Shang-Chi and the Wreckage of Time (one of the trademarks) is the lead in film in February that year

so Phase 6 would be something like

Fall 2024 -  Armor Wars (D+)
Nov 2024 - F4
Dec 2024 - Spider-man 4
Jan 2025 - Wonder-man (D+)
Feb 2025 - Shang-chi and the Wreckage of Time
Mar 2025 - Nova (D+)
May 2025 - Avengers: The Kang Dynasty
June 2025 - Battleworld show? (D+)
July 2025 - Deadpool 3 (kills the Marvel U)
Nov 2025 - Avengers: Secret Wars

Though Doctor Strange and the Midnight Sons stuff needs a home somewhere too.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

I would LOVE a What If...? style show for all the different worlds Doom stitches together (assuming they go with the 2015 arc)

I’d imagine some of the what if worlds will be the ones they pull in. Zombies, the Captain Carter one that’s getting a sequel, but yeah some extra content would be great to get.

54 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I’d imagine some of the what if worlds will be the ones they pull in. Zombies, the Captain Carter one that’s getting a sequel, but yeah some extra content would be great to get.

And we've already got multiple Dr Stranges and multiple Thors.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Kiltman said:

give me an Old Man Logan episode using Sorentino's art style in animation form. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

give me an Old Man Logan episode using Sorentino's art style in animation form. 

that'd be awesome

Man can you imagine if you're watching one of those two Avengers movies, and someone is pinned down.
Then you hear 'snikt" and it's Hugh Jackman back as true Old Man Logan and he tears whoever is attacking apart.
If that didn't leak the theater would be wild.

• Like 1

Some reporting being done that a proper X-men movie isn’t being rushed because Kinberg and Singer would contractually be producers until 2025.

So that would mean bare minimum credit and compensation, but could mean they have a certain amount of control of the story too. This along with the report that some cast deals were an issue, however if this is the case it’s the producer thing holding it up

If that’s the case it makes sense why phase 6 is so short. Wrap things up, and get a new universe where the mutants exist in bigger force coming off of Secret Wars. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see X-men be that May 2026 movie.

6 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Some reporting being done that a proper X-men movie isn’t being rushed because Kinberg and Singer would contractually be producers until 2025.

So that would mean bare minimum credit and compensation, but could mean they have a certain amount of control of the story too. This along with the report that some cast deals were an issue, however if this is the case it’s the producer thing holding it up

If that’s the case it makes sense why phase 6 is so short. Wrap things up, and get a new universe where the mutants exist in bigger force coming off of Secret Wars. I wouldn’t be surprised if you see X-men be that May 2026 movie.

It be interesting to see how they define a X-Men movie. Being that Professor X was just in Strange 2, seems they can still use FoX-Men without needing to give producer credits.

22 minutes ago, Acgott said:

It be interesting to see how they define a X-Men movie. Being that Professor X was just in Strange 2, seems they can still use FoX-Men without needing to give producer credits.

They own it all, the problem is, if the reports are correct, that when you buy a company you inherit all their deals and contracts. So yea, they can use those characters, they own them. Hell they can make a movie about them, but they still have to honor the contract through 2025 for an X-Men property film. Singer could argue that using SPS in MoM constitutes a breach but I doubt the 15 minutes of screen time would convince a court. 

48 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They own it all, the problem is, if the reports are correct, that when you buy a company you inherit all their deals and contracts. So yea, they can use those characters, they own them. Hell they can make a movie about them, but they still have to honor the contract through 2025 for an X-Men property film. Singer could argue that using SPS in MoM constitutes a breach but I doubt the 15 minutes of screen time would convince a court. 

Wonder if it falls under the same loophole the Hulk does? Basically they can use anyone they want (especially people who are out of contract) with no legal ramifications, as long as they aren’t the top billed character or over x amount of screen time.

Like if they wanted to use Jackman as Wolverine it wouldn’t be an issue because he’s out of contract and they own the character. So as long as he’s a supporting role they are good.

Possibly can just start doing stuff in D+ since a show would sit outside those deals.

11 hours ago, Kiltman said:

Wonder if it falls under the same loophole the Hulk does? Basically they can use anyone they want (especially people who are out of contract) with no legal ramifications, as long as they aren’t the top billed character or over x amount of screen time.

Like if they wanted to use Jackman as Wolverine it wouldn’t be an issue because he’s out of contract and they own the character. So as long as he’s a supporting role they are good.

Possibly can just start doing stuff in D+ since a show would sit outside those deals.

The fact Xavier got 10 mins of screen time in Multiverse of Madness definitely supports the idea it's a Hulk type loophole.  Good call.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Silver Surfer cast