The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast

Acgott

3 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

Riri is being intro'd in Wakanda Forever?

Yep, that was like some of the first stuff they shot up at MIT.

I just assumed it was like Shuri and Okoye doing outreach like they said at the end of the last one and maybe that’s where they are when Tchalla dies offscreen, with Riri just being a small little thing there.

But this seems like maybe it’ll be more?

On 6/25/2022 at 3:00 PM, Xenos said:

Everything feels so scattered after Endgame. Not sure if the pandemic had anything to do with it, but there doesn’t feel like there’s an “endgame” like there was with Thanos and the Infinity stones. Even the multiverse feels like a tease and them spinning their wheels more than anything else.

On 6/25/2022 at 3:42 PM, Kiltman said:

I think it was partly by design, just yeah pandemic made it worse. I totally get the idea not to come out the gate and be like “and you thought Thanos was bad, here’s the next big villain” think it would’ve led to more burnout.

Feige says that’s going to be made clear soon, it still seems to me to be them building up teams and laying the groundwork for Kang and also Secret Wars. 

FWIW besides the pandemic there were 2 RL events that just threw the original Phase 4-5 plans out of whack IMO:

1.   James Gunn’s near cancellation as director for GOTG3 and beyond.  Then he took Suicide Squad and that delayed release by a lot.   Why we’re getting the Holiday special imo.   There was never meant to be this long of a gap.  

2.  Chadwick Boseman’s untimely passing.    I think it was pretty clear he was going to be one of next pillars - now they need to reboot the character.   

And yes, COVID really F’d the release schedule.    Especially with Captain Marvel 2 (think that was meant to be released far sooner as well).   But I also think the above 2 events really changed things.   Thor is the only OG Avenger left (Clint passing the torch) and GOTG/BP were meant to fill the void with Spidey / Strange as the other pillars.  Now they’ve had to change it all up.   

• Like 4

On 7/6/2022 at 8:07 AM, August4th said:

Love and thunder getting lukewarm reviews

Was fun, a little more serious than Ragnorak but it’s definitely very Taika with the comedy.

Really culminated his story the last bunch of movies more than I thought it would.

I really enjoyed Love and Thunder. It's going to piss off the people who don't like Taika's style though because it is very much a Taika movie.  I'll do my longer review and grade/rank in the Thor thread once I've let it percolate a bit.

• Like 3

I mean yeah I’ll take it, but Ghost Rider? It fits what he likes but didn’t think that’d be the case at all.

Midnight Sons / supernatural side being like almost all A-listers is certainly something I wouldn’t have guessed. He’d just cement it.

• Acgott changed the title to The Marvel Cinematic Universe- Galactus cast