> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

17 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Pretty much this - he's the best offensive line coach in the NFL and he clearly has an eye for talent. It'd be hard to argue with any offensive line prospect they take. 

I think 10 is a bit rich for the current OL class but I can see us trade down from pick 30 and grabbing someone like Anton Harrison or Cody Mauch in the 2nd. 

I think Anton goes late round 1 if he has a good combine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

Precisely because Stoutland is so good, the more reason not invest a top 10 pick on the OL. He can prepare and make starters of players selected outside the 1st round and has done that routinely. 

Great point. If I could pick we'd have young CBs already with higher draft picks. Unfortunately we can't pick. Howie's been doing good lately though so let's keep that train rolling

• Like 1

2 hours ago, downundermike said:

Two words

Andre Dillard.

Dillard shows how good Stout can be too.

He lacked physicality and mental toughness when he got here. The fact that he’s going to get a decent chance to start somewhere else is a testament to the work put in.

Outside of the player it exposed a weakness in draft strategy. If I remember right they had thought he’d be gone by them and just sorta took him without deeply scouting him. Since Stout, Kelce and other vets have helped scout more of those guys.