> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dillard shows how good Stout can be too.

He lacked physicality and mental toughness when he got here. The fact that he’s going to get a decent chance to start somewhere else is a testament to the work put in.

Outside of the player it exposed a weakness in draft strategy. If I remember right they had thought he’d be gone by them and just sorta took him without deeply scouting him. Since Stout, Kelce and other vets have helped scout more of those guys.

yeah they didnt do their homework enough to know why someone dropped.

12 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dillard shows how good Stout can be too.

He lacked physicality and mental toughness when he got here. The fact that he’s going to get a decent chance to start somewhere else is a testament to the work put in.

Outside of the player it exposed a weakness in draft strategy. If I remember right they had thought he’d be gone by them and just sorta took him without deeply scouting him. Since Stout, Kelce and other vets have helped scout more of those guys.

Nah, that's just a spin to polish a turd.

The reality is, it shows how bad Dillard actually is.

When you're a 1st round pick athletic OT and not even Jeff Stoutland can make you a starter, you for sure suck.

2 hours ago, Scalamania said:

He's definitely someone I have my eye on. 

Paris, Anton, Bergeron, and Maybe Jaelyn Duncan are basically the only OT's I would give a shot at LT. Everyone else in this draft is a RT or much better off converting to LG or RG. I still have not really watched Broderick Jones, but based on what I have read he also sounds like a RT or OG in the NFL. With a great combine, I could see some people having Anton as LT1 over Paris. I don't think there is much gap between Paris/Anton/Bergeron. None of them are great OT prospect, but all 3 are good OT prospects. And I also think Bergeron would kill it at LG.

Edited by Jeezla

15 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

When you're a 1st round pick athletic OT and not even Jeff Stoutland can make you a starter, you for sure suck.

I think we are biased from having such a good lineage at LT. Dillard turned out to be a fine starter…we just happened to draft and develop a freak giant from Australia.

I agree he’s not great, but there aren’t a lot of great LTs.

Keep in mind offensive line play more or less sucks in the NFL. Most teams struggle to have two pretty good starters. They’ve be happy to just have a Mailata and Dickerson, let alone two Hall of Fame caliber players along with them.

I agree some of it is spin, but you could see how he mentally just couldn’t hack it at the beginning. The alternative is wild guessing…which I wouldn’t necessarily put over the other info we have.

17 minutes ago, Broadway Joe said:

I am bummed it didn't work out.  I live in Spokane WA in the heart of Cougar country.

I was stoked when we traded up and took him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I think we are biased from having such a good lineage at LT. Dillard turned out to be a fine starter…we just happened to draft and develop a freak giant from Australia.

I agree he’s not great, but there aren’t a lot of great LTs.

Keep in mind offensive line play more or less sucks in the NFL. Most teams struggle to have two pretty good starters. They’ve be happy to just have a Mailata and Dickerson, let alone two Hall of Fame caliber players along with them.

If he'd be good enough to start he would have started. He was drafted in 2018 and Mailata was on IR that year. Maybe he'd be good enough as a pass protector but that still leaves a lot to be desired for what he projected as.

Mailata didn't have anything to do with Dillard sucking, Maialata could play RT despite having never played football at any level and Dillard never could. 

If he was starting material the Eagles would have found a role for him.

1 minute ago, Broadway Joe said:

If he'd be good enough to start he would have started. He was drafted in 2018 and Mailata was on IR that year. Maybe he'd be good enough as a pass protector but that still leaves a lot to be desired for what he projected as.

Mailata didn't have anything to do with Dillard sucking, Maialata could play RT despite having never played football at any level and Dillard never could. 

If he was starting material the Eagles would have found a role for him.

You mean 2019, right? He sat behind Peters and played sparing (like most rookie OL here). Was penciled in to start in 2020 and got hurt. At that point Mailata caught up and easily won the camp in 2021.

Move over to RT and what…bench Lane?

When he’s actually played tackle the last two years he’s been fine. Just not a better option than what we had.

55 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

You mean 2019, right? He sat behind Peters and played sparing (like most rookie OL here). Was penciled in to start in 2020 and got hurt. At that point Mailata caught up and easily won the camp in 2021.

Move over to RT and what…bench Lane?

When he’s actually played tackle the last two years he’s been fine. Just not a better option than what we had.

He could even have played G like they started doing late this year or move Mailata to guard too, again if he was good. His position and what we invested in him for him to ride the bench had he been good. 

Trade 1-10 to PIT for 1-17 + 2-49 
Trade 1-17 to BUF for 1-27 + 2-59

1-27 Felix Anudike-Uzomah DE
1-30 Emmanuel Forbes or Cam Smith or Eli Ricks or Kyu Blu Kelly CB
2-49 Zach Charbonnet or Tyjae Spears RB
2-59 Matt Bergeron or Darnell Wright or Cody Mauch OL
2-62 Keeanu Benton or Moro Ojomo or Karl Brooks DT
3-94 WR that is better than Quez
7 Bryce Baringer or Michael Turk or Adam Korsak P
7 Jon Gaines OG
7 Drake Thomas LB

Not the sexiest picks outside of Carbonnet/Spears, but all good players at likely positions of need.

12 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

Trade 1-10 to PIT for 1-17 + 2-49 
Trade 1-17 to BUF for 1-27 + 2-59

1-27 Felix Anudike-Uzomah DE
1-30 Emmanuel Forbes or Cam Smith or Eli Ricks or Kyu Blu Kelly CB
2-49 Zach Charbonnet or Tyjae Spears RB
2-59 Matt Bergeron or Darnell Wright or Cody Mauch OL
2-62 Keeanu Benton or Moro Ojomo or Karl Brooks DT
3-94 WR that is better than Quez
7 Bryce Baringer or Michael Turk or Adam Korsak P
7 Jon Gaines OG
7 Drake Thomas LB

Not the sexiest picks outside of Carbonnet/Spears, but all good players at likely positions of need.

Lol those trades are idiotic, trade down to 27 for two late 2nds? 

1 hour ago, Broadway Joe said:

He could even have played G like they started doing late this year or move Mailata to guard too, again if he was good. His position and what we invested in him for him to ride the bench had he been good. 

They could’ve and they did. But they also drafted a pro bowler in the same year. 

I don’t entirely disagree with what you’re saying, but it omits the guys around him. 

47 minutes ago, Jeezla said:

We slightly win those trades according to the trade chart. Not idiotic if you think the 25th ranked player is about equal to whoever is there at 10.

It'll all have to depend how the picks in front of us go. I feel like it's something that's said every year, but here's hoping as many QBs get taken before out pick as possible.  Young, Stroud, Levis, and Richardson all need to go top 10. If all of Carter, Anderson, Wilson, and Murphy are gone come pick 10, then I say we trade down and take a CB, then an EDGE at 30 or in the 2nd.