> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

Do you really think they would nickel and dime him like that?

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

Zero chance. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah you don’t do that to your franchise guys, look at the cheap Lions and how Calvin Johnson wants nothing to do with them.

It’s not about nickel and diming. They can’t just give out money without accounting for it. If the moneys contingent on him being on the roster in 2023 and he retires, I’d imagine that’s money that needs to be returned. Obviously I’m no cap expert but it was a roster bonus, correct? 

2 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

It’s not about nickel and diming. They can’t just give out money without accounting for it. If the moneys contingent on him being on the roster in 2023 and he retires, I’d imagine that’s money that needs to be returned. Obviously I’m no cap expert but it was a roster bonus, correct? 

From the wording it looks like they pushed that money forward to count towards the 2022 cap so its open in the 2023 cap.

So like hey here is that 3 million now. You can stew on coming back or not and it won't affect anything while you do so.

14 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

From the wording it looks like they pushed that money forward to count towards the 2022 cap so its open in the 2023 cap.

So like hey here is that 3 million now. You can stew on coming back or not and it won't affect anything while you do so.

Yea that’s kind of how I figured. But it’s still says 2023. Which I would guess means he needs to be on the opening roster for 2023. Just how I would figure it would work. If he does hang it up, I would imagine that money needs to be returned. 

12 minutes ago, EaglesFlySBChampsHigh said:

Which top RB prospects do you think we'll realistically go after in the draft? I'm not very familiar with most of them but would like to start watching some tape on some 

Zach Charbonnet would be a perfect fit with gainwell

Both good receivers and they are good change of paces to each other.

• Like 1

Bring Back

Hargrave

Epps

Edwards

Used PFN Mock simulator which seems to hate Bresee.

Mock:

20. Cam Smith CB SCAR- Day 1 starter opposite Slay

30. Bryan Bresee DT Clemson- Takes Cox's spot in rotation

50. Felix Anudike-Uzomah Edge Kansas- takes Grahams spot

62. Zach Charbonnet RB UCLA- Takes over for Miles good he and kenny would be a good 1 2 punch.

84. Warren McClendon OT UGA- Good athlete that could be a good  right guard or the swing tackle.

94. Tucker Kraft TE SDSU- Very good tight end draft Kraft is an upgrade at TE2.

97. Jayden Reed WR Michigan St- Cut Quez. Jayden takes his spot.

153. Rashard Torrence S UF- Safety depth.

108. Aly gaye EDGE LSU- Pass rush depth.

some pick: Jon gaines II iOL UCLA- interior OL depth

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

Zach Charbonnet would be a perfect fit with gainwell

Both good receivers and they are good change of paces to each other.

Started with his highlights but will get to some games maybe tomorrow but holy crap. Might be the best bowling ball RB highlights I've seen it a long time. Man must have the strongest legs ever lol. Thought his cuts were a bit slow but so so effective. Awesome hands too.. went and got the ball vs letting it come to him/chest catching

Charbonnet feels like the kind of guy who goes at the very top of round 2. I think he is RB2 over Gibbs.

That's why I love Abanikanda. He should actually be available when we pick in round 2. Maybe even when we pick in round 3, and some people have him in the 4th.

Charbonnay and Spears both sick, but likely go in the dark area between our picks.

Edited by Jeezla

8 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Charbonnet feels like the kind of guy who goes at the very top of round 2. I think he is RB2 over Gibbs.

That's why I love Abanikanda. He should actually be available when we pick in round 2. Maybe even when we pick in round 3, and some people have him in the 4th.

Charbonnay and Spears both sick, but likely go in the dark area between our picks.

I don't want us taking an offensive player until round 3 unless there's a clear steal of a pick in front of us.

25 minutes ago, Danger said:

I don't want us taking an offensive player until round 3 unless there's a clear steal of a pick in front of us.

If they are worth the pick I’m fine with it, if we can score 35+ a game we’ll be right back where we were this year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

If they are worth the pick I’m fine with it, if we can score 35+ a game we’ll be right back where we were this year.

This for sure

Plus I'd like an exciting new RB to get excited about. Pair up a young pup with Hurts .. with the RB on a rookie contract too

Edited by EaglesFlySBChampsHigh

15 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Thoughts on Tank Bigsby? I think he would also be a good fit here.