> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

I really just don't get the first round OL stuff. I feel a sound contingency plan is in place with- if Kelce retires bring Isaac back, Jurgens to C. If Kelce is back, let Isaac walk and Jurgens to RG. This draft, at least the premium picks, need to be on defense where there will be inevitable turnover. 3 of our first 4 picks need to be on D.

The eagles build through the lines with no care for anything else.

If they have an OL ranked highly they will take him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

You could probably realistically say that if Quez Watkins was better the Eagles probably only lose the Saints game last year and are champions right now.

Yup, the most consistent point of failure was Quez. Punting would be amongst the next reasons, but the offense was good enough to mitigate that.

5 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I really just don't get the first round OL stuff. I feel a sound contingency plan is in place with- if Kelce retires bring Isaac back, Jurgens to C. If Kelce is back, let Isaac walk and Jurgens to RG. This draft, at least the premium picks, need to be on defense where there will be inevitable turnover. 3 of our first 4 picks need to be on D.

I think the idea is you could pay a rookie less than Isaac at RG, get a swing tackle who won’t be a liability if you need one and you don’t think you’ll pick high enough for an adequate Lane replacement in a few years (when he hinted he’d retire).

It’s jumping the gun, but I think at this point we all know how much they value the OL. 

27 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I made a joke on a Ben Solak post saying that if Bijan was there at 10 the eagles would run to the podium as quick as they could to turn in the Skoronski card.

Like I feel like that pick is inevitable. 

I think I said her a while back it wouldn't surprise me to see Skoronski be the pick - he's very much a Howie-esque pick and it would not surprise me to see him. 

21 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Kancey is fine at 30 as long as he's paired with a Witherspoon or a Gonzalez at 10ish.

I would also love either Witherspoon or Gonzalez at 10 but we haven't drafted a DB in the first round in twenty years so there's reason to believe that doesn't happen this year. 

1 hour ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Especially given this is a really poor top end offensive line draft. I think Skoronski is just the tallest midget this year so to speak. I wouldn't take him until like 18-25 in most draft classes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scalamania said:

I think I said her a while back it wouldn't surprise me to see Skoronski be the pick - he's very much a Howie-esque pick and it would not surprise me to see him. 

I would also love either Witherspoon or Gonzalez at 10 but we haven't drafted a DB in the first round in twenty years so there's reason to believe that doesn't happen this year. 

Man if there's ever a year it's this one. This class is being heralded unlike any other corner class I've seen.

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

I think the idea is you could pay a rookie less than Isaac at RG, get a swing tackle who won’t be a liability if you need one and you don’t think you’ll pick high enough for an adequate Lane replacement in a few years (when he hinted he’d retire).

It’s jumping the gun, but I think at this point we all know how much they value the OL. 

Oh yeah the valuation of OL is well taken. I do think it is jumping the gun though. At the same time I get it. 

27 minutes ago, Danger said:

Taking a guard in the first isn't even a Howie thing.

I don't disagree but taking a trench player is definitely a Howie thing and it's possible that they could view Skornoski as the long term replacement to Lane. I don't necessarily believe that to be true and I don't really think Skoronski is anymore than just an average swing player. 

38 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Oh yeah the valuation of OL is well taken. I do think it is jumping the gun though. At the same time I get it. 

Ideally Kelce comes back, you take a developmental Guy later, if he doesn’t pan out you take one next year. Having the Saints’ second helps you plan a bit.

I just saw some of the guys who went back to college that I thought were coming out again, I wonder if the NFL moves to lower the draft age by a year. 

If those end of round to round 3 guys are heading back more with the NIL deals and trying to improve, might as well get the benefits of some of the more elite guys coming out.

Like just look at like what adding Marvin Harrison Jr, Caleb Williams would do for the Eagles pick.

2 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

I just saw some of the guys who went back to college that I thought were coming out again, I wonder if the NFL moves to lower the draft age by a year. 

If those end of round to round 3 guys are heading back more with the NIL deals and trying to improve, might as well get the benefits of some of the more elite guys coming out.

Like just look at like what adding Marvin Harrison Jr, Caleb Williams would do for the Eagles pick.

The NILs should only really affect player pool this draft. You will probably have a similar depth of draftable players moving forward next year. Just a wave of midround guys got pushed back a year.

4 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

new person GIF

• Like 1