> 2023 NFL Draft Prospects Thread <

Kiltman

26 minutes ago, downundermike said:

Wouldn't that switch be dependent on Jordan Davis being able to play for than 10 snaps a game ??

Would certainly get better if he can shoulder more. You are probably getting him breaks on obvious pass downs, rotationally. Marlon would probably be the backup there unless they keep Linval.

Really how good the defense is will depend how much guys step up. They won’t be able to afford to go get FAs or retain guys. Dean, Davis and any early picks need to come in and work. 

The key to it is getting those other two line guys next to him right. Your chances of getting Richard Sherman, JJ watt aren’t high…but that’s the dream. Getting at least one guy in that mold would really make it even better.

It’s going to be a process to get guys in here, might not happen year one. Which is why I’m fine if Howie says screw it and loads up offense a bit.

But considering how college defense have molded, I kinda feel better going forward trying to fit that type of system than I do the old 3-4 we are all used to. Finding big athletic ends is so hard to do, especially out of the top 10, often you get sloggers (Barnett, BG but bigger). A lot of those thinner/faster edge guys don’t make the transition to 4-3 ends all that well. But put them in the right system you can hit on some later on.

Which in a world well here we are paying our QB $45m+, being able to maximize the chance at getting rookie contributions (however small) need to be explored. 

• Like 1

How do you guys feel about all the Late 1, early 2 EDGE rusher guys.

Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame
Will McDonald, Iowa State
Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
BJ Ojulari, LSU
Felix Andukie-Uzomah, Kansas State
Nolan Smith, Georgia
Andre Carter, Army
Tuli Tuipolotu, USC

Perhaps a couple others. Late 1st, and day 2 EDGE seems to be super deep this year. Makes me think even more you take the corner you like the most at 10, and the EDGE you like the best at 30. RB in 2nd I guess if you guys really want one that badly.

11 hours ago, Danger said:

How do you guys feel about all the Late 1, early 2 EDGE rusher guys.

Isaiah Foskey, Notre Dame
Will McDonald, Iowa State
Lukas Van Ness, Iowa
BJ Ojulari, LSU
Felix Andukie-Uzomah, Kansas State
Nolan Smith, Georgia
Andre Carter, Army
Tuli Tuipolotu, USC

B.J (Late 1st early 2nd)

Foskey (Early 2nd)

Smith (Mid 2nd)

Van Ness (mid 2nd)

McDonald (Mid 2nd)

Felix (Late 2nd)

Andre Carter (Late 2nd / Early 3rd) - Have him personally higher, just think the army athlete thing knocks him down a bit. 

Tuli (3rd)

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

B.J (Late 1st early 2nd)

Foskey (Early 2nd)

Smith (Mid 2nd)

Van Ness (mid 2nd)

McDonald (Mid 2nd)

Felix (Late 2nd)

Andre Carter (Late 2nd / Early 3rd) - Have him personally higher, just think the army athlete thing knocks him down a bit. 

Tuli (3rd)

I like Carter too. BJ, Smith and Carter gonna be some dogs. Van Ness has a lot of upside too

1 hour ago, IrishHooligan00 said:

I dont have witherspoon as CB1 on my viewing. And Nolan Smith isn't 1st rounder to me. I would take B.J. over Nolan at that pick. 

If you have Christian Gonzalez No. 1 that's fair and yeah there are a lot of pass rushers that could be there at 30. Just about preference. 

38 minutes ago, Scalamania said:

Andre Carter is going to get absolutely abused by NFL OTs coming off the edge - he needs a lot of work and I personally don't have him on my Eagles draft board right now. 

Dude will probably put on like 25-30 pounds without having to account for the military stuff. Though I guess it’s team dependent how big he goes.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

I'd be cool with any of Gonzalez, Porter Jr., or Witherspoon at 10 now. Maybe trade back a couple spots and still snag one of them.

Yep, like them all. Gonzo and JPJ have similar players doing well early recently in their favor. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dude will probably put on like 25-30 pounds without having to account for the military stuff. Though I guess it’s team dependent how big he goes.

He's for sure going to need to - he needs to add a lot of strength because he's going to get bullied by an NFL OT. He certainly has a lot of things to like about his game but it's hard to look passed how weak he is and how bad he is in the run game.

As a veteran myself, I will root for him - I would love to see him pan out and really put the Academies on the map from a prospect perspective, I just think he's going to have a hard to adjusting to the NFL game. 

1 hour ago, ninjapirate said:

If you have Christian Gonzalez No. 1 that's fair and yeah there are a lot of pass rushers that could be there at 30. Just about preference. 

No I dont have a consensus 1 this year, I have 3 CBS who all are 1's at what they do best, but all 3 need improvements in certain areas but all 3 excel at a lot. Gonzalez, Witherspoon, Porter Jr. 

All 3 are #1 Corners in most drafts, all 3 coming out at once, thats what makes it difficult for me to pick just 1. 

and then I have Kelee after them.