So who do you think wins the NFC East this season?

aceinthehouse

2022 Division winner  

71 members have voted

1. 1. So who wins the NFC East in 2022…?

• Dallas Cowboys= Last years Division Winner
    • Philadelphia Eagles= Playoff team last year
    • Washington Commanders= The beginning of a new era
    • New York Giants= Does the sleeping Giant awake?

47 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

You didn't watch him last year, did you?

The best part of Wentz last year? He threw like 3 or 4 INTs with his left hand. 

Most people try a left handed throw once every ~5 years. This idiot did it 3 times in 1 year, all INTs.

• Like 1

Honestly any of the 3 teams that aren't the Giants have a decent shot.

My head says the Cowboys but the #1 rule of the NFC East is that you cannot win that division in back to back seasons.

So I'll go with the Eagles. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

I don't understand the thinking of some of you that, Wentz isn't gonna play well in Washington.

He brought the colts to a 9-7 season.

Bruh… he brought a Colts team to 9-8 (extra game) that was 11-5 with a decrepit Philip Rivers with one foot in retirement.

10 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

If Wentz stays healthy, Washington is winning 10 games minimum.

Since 2000 the team in Washington has hit 10 wins just twice. The first time was in 2005 and last time was 2012 aka RG3’s rookie year.

But, 10 wins is the minimum for a Washington team that has won 7 games the past two seasons?

Why do you do this to yourself Ace?

The Eagles should be improved, but I think the Eagles are being blown up expectation wise from post draft.

The Eagles beat one team with a winning record last year and that was the Saints and Trevor Simien.

While Washington with Heinike faced a slew of top QB's & beat Carr & Brady.

Wentz is better than Heinike. Let's just admit that right now. He can make the throws that Heinike cannot.

Here are the QB's Washington will face this year....

Aaron Rodgers=GB

Matt Ryan=Colts

Kirk Cousin=Vikings

Trey Lance=49ers

Jalen Hurts=Eagles x2

Daniel Jones=Giants x2

Dak Prescott=Cowboys x2

Trevor Lawrence=Jags

Ryan Tannehill=Titans

Marcus Mariota=Falcons

Desean Watson=Browns

Mills=Texans

Jared Goff=Lions

Justin Fields=Bears

Washington can do some serious damage vs these QB's.

18 hours ago, Matts4313 said:

The best part of Wentz last year? He threw like 3 or 4 INTs with his left hand. 

Most people try a left handed throw once every ~5 years. This idiot did it 3 times in 1 year, all INTs.

So what you are telling me is that Wentz went 27td 4int with his right hand last year?

5 hours ago, Soggust said:

So what you are telling me is that Wentz went 27td 4int with his right hand last year?

I think technically one of them got changed into a fumble, even though he absolutely threw it, but according to a highlight video on Reddit..... Yeah. 

I guess it was just 2 INTs:

Edited by Matts4313

We know what Wentz is. He will have games where he plays well and wins you the game, and he will have games where you just scratch your head and wonder what went through his head. Yes, it is an upgrade from a bottom tier starting QB, but he is essentially QB purgatory. Washington if healthy will be a very competitive team, but I don't see where they take the leap past that. Their defense was hyped immensely last offseason and was a mediocre unit. Their offensive weapons are good enough to win with, but they aren't going to take over games without top tier QB play. Their OL is a decent unit, but it is a far cry from what the Eagles are putting out there.

Imo, the path for Washington is failure from other teams... so it is a good thing they play in the NFC East. I don't see them taking a huge jump forward if they win the division, I see them staying healthier and playing to expectations vs a division that consistently under achieves.

I do think if a team in the East is going to take a jump it will be the Eagles, but I also see that as a very long shot due to the QB situation. If Hurts can take a leap forward and prove to be a competent NFL passer, the Eagles instantly become a very scary team. Pairing a solid passing game with AJ Brown next to that dominant OL/running game would be a combo no team in the NFL will want to face. The problem is, I just don't see Hurts taking that leap.... so it is the Cowboys division to lose(which in fairness the Cowboys are really good at losing when they shouldn't).

2 hours ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

Their defense was hyped immensely last offseason and was a mediocre unit.

Honestly, “mediocre” is a kind and generous description of how they performed last year. They were probably the most disappointing unit in the entire league last year, and also probably the most disappointing WAS unit in my 35+ years as a fan. Perhaps the 2013 offense in RG3’s second year was worse (and more painful), because it was the cold beginning of the cruel end of that particular dream. 

They’re the key to this season, no doubt. Are they going to be more like the 2020 group that was 3rd in DVOA — or will it be more like last year all over again?

I think there’s some reason to be hopeful. The move of Landon Collins to the “don’t call me a LB” nickel spot was sort of a key change that allowed a lot of things to fall into place — both in terms of his positive impact at the LOS and the similarly positive effect of getting him out of the secondary. They had a 7-game span immediately thereafter (against GB, DEN, TB, CAR, SEA, LV, and DAL) where they gave up 19 points and 293 yards per game. That’s more than 5 points and 60 yards under their combined season averages. And not coincidentally, they went 

After that, COVID hit en masse and things fell apart again. But I think that was a long enough period of sustained success to show that they’re at least capable of returning to that 2020 level of play. And they did a lot of that without Young and Sweat, so the ceiling is probably even higher than that. 

I’m done predicting anything from this team. They could win the next two Super Bowls and I’d still think 8-9 was the most likely result in 2024. But if the defense returns to form (against a weaker slate of offenses this season) and if they can keep Wentz healthy all year (no bigger curse than being a WAS QB at this point), they really should be in it until the end.

• Like 1