Landon coming back?

LoganF89

Just saw on Instagram there is a chance Collins is coming back. Was a post on Twitter by Chad Ryan that both sides remain interested.

Landon’s “bet on himself” mantra must not of gone over well with other teams lol

if the deal is good I welcome him back in the hybrid role or LB role. I want nothing to do with him as our starting SS

he was actually pretty stellar in the hybrid!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, LoganF89 said:

Just saw on Instagram there is a chance Collins is coming back. Was a post on Twitter by Chad Ryan that both sides remain interested.

Landon’s “bet on himself” mantra must not of gone over well with other teams lol

if the deal is good I welcome him back in the hybrid role or LB role. I want nothing to do with him as our starting SS

Maybe, I’d welcome him back for the right price. I’d also understand it if they decided to just move on and role w/ Jamin as the starting WLB & our Buffalo nickel being Hudson.

3 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

Sheehan and Keim have been reporting Landon is an option to come back for awhile now. I mean, I have on idea what else their plan would be for a role they basically built with his skillset especially when they chose to pass on Hamilton....

On 5/2/2022 at 11:20 AM, MKnight82 said:

Honestly I'd rather just try a guy like Hudson in this role and give all the Safety snaps to our younger guys. 

I guess the question is…are we trying to win or not?

If we want to win, Landon Collins is 10x better than Khaleke Hudson in that role. He gets such a bad rap because he struggles in deeper, wider coverage assignments — but he’s a legitimately excellent player near the line of scrimmage. He was probably the most impactful player we had on defense (except perhaps Allen) when they had him in that “you’re not a LB, we swear” role that put him up near the LOS. 

If we’re just in it to hoard cap space and try to develop young guys, okay. Stuff Hudson or Darrick Forrest or some guy like that into that role. But we’re more likely to win games with Collins, and they should pay him some money for that role if they’re not planning to slide Davis into it.

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, e16bball said:

If we want to win, Landon Collins is 10x better than Khaleke Hudson in that role. He gets such a bad rap because he struggles in deeper, wider coverage assignments — but he’s a legitimately excellent player near the line of scrimmage. He was probably the most impactful player we had on defense (except perhaps Allen) when they had him in that “you’re not a LB, we swear” role that put him up near the LOS. 

If we’re just in it to hoard cap space and try to develop young guys, okay. Stuff Hudson or Darrick Forrest or some guy like that into that role. But we’re more likely to win games with Collins, and they should pay him some money for that role if they’re not planning to slide Davis into it.

Yes we’re trying to win.  I just didn’t see this amazing play from Collins at linebacker that everyone is talking about.  

On 5/3/2022 at 11:27 PM, MKnight82 said:

Yes we’re trying to win.  I just didn’t see this amazing play from Collins at linebacker that everyone is talking about.  

That’s because teams can still throw the ball to his zone on defense but he was more impactful at the LOS and in the run game. His lapses in coverage weren’t as huge because his 10 to 15 yard zone was a lot smaller then whatever the length of the field was behind him at SS

Ok keeps things as they are and let's see this amazing play that people assume they are going to have. 

He was playing extremely well. Interceptions, forced fumbles, sacks. I honestly have no clue how you missed it? 

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

He was playing extremely well. Interceptions, forced fumbles, sacks. I honestly have no clue how you missed it? 

The guy had 2 ints, 1 FF and 3 sacks in the entire season.  How is that playing “extremely well”? Seriously I would expect a 7th round pick to have those stats if given a chance to start an entire year.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

The guy had 2 ints, 1 FF and 3 sacks in the entire season.  How is that playing “extremely well”? Seriously I would expect a 7th round pick to have those stats if given a chance to start an entire year.

So why shouldn't they have a guy just in case our 2021 1st round pick doesn't improve? I definitely was expecting more from Davis and he couldn't even outperform your expected 7th round pick. 

34 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Because it happened over the span of like 5 or 6 weeks after they moved him to Buffalo nickel. You hate Landon and it clouds your view of anything good he does. Just is what it is. 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2022 at 10:32 PM, e16bball said:

As much as I want to go with the youth movement like Hudson or Forrest as the Buffalo Nickle, this is the correct take. Collins will make more splash plays, can make some game changing plays as a blitzer and in the box/around the line of scrimmage much moreso than a Hudson or Forrest.